How do you feel about the Galaxy Note 4 and its WP features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
@salmanahmad
In the early days when android came, people only bought it because it looked like iOS, & then android started pushing out updates so that people could differentiate between them. Didn't I mention this in my previous posts. World 1st touchscreen phone was invented by IBM Simon, not apple. So you need to get your facts right. You think that windows copied tile concept from apple or Android. BS. Its like saying when someone invents a new recipe it shouldn't have any ingredients of older one. If you could not understand the difference between windows live tiles & Android/iOS icons, I am really sorry for you. I also never said that multitasking was invented by Windows. Did I? I just said iOS 7's multitasking looked same as in windows. Also if you want to know about Android phones which looks like an iPhone, search through the internet because the list is too long.

not just that,these features android and ios "invented" such as NFC ,bluetooth,notification centres,icons,widgets etc actually debuted first on symbian,meego,maemo,windows mobile ,palm os and web os
the notification centre arguement is something which could go on and on but even blackberry's early versions of the bb hub in bbos can be counted as a notification centre of a sort ,still earlier than android
i hate when people think android and apple got features first and every other os copied it,sure they brought new stuff to the table but some things debuted on older operating systems

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
My LG expo, a Windows Mobile 6 phone released in 2009, had a fingerprint reader. I have also played with some older Windows Mobile Phones with fingerprint readers. It always annoys me when people say the Atrix was the 1st cell to have a fingerprint reader. It was the 1st Android device with a fingerprint reader. huge difference.

Thank you for sharing that, much appreciated.

@salmanahmad
In the early days when android came, people only bought it because it looked like iOS, & then android started pushing out updates so that people could differentiate between them. Didn't I mention this in my previous posts. World 1st touchscreen phone was invented by IBM Simon, not apple. So you need to get your facts right. You think that windows copied tile concept from apple or Android. BS. Its like saying when someone invents a new recipe it shouldn't have any ingredients of older one. If you could not understand the difference between windows live tiles & Android/iOS icons, I am really sorry for you. I also never said that multitasking was invented by Windows. Did I? I just said iOS 7's multitasking looked same as in windows. Also if you want to know about Android phones which looks like an iPhone, search through the internet because the list is too long.

1410361131246.jpg

I just searched this up, most of what I found we're BS renders and phones with nearly zero similarity to the iPhone.

I never said that iPhone was the first "touchscreen" device however it was the first proper "touchscreen" device with great software and hardware to go with it, it started a revolution.

Android was originally designed to launch on phones similar to Blackberry, but as soon as iPhone was launched Android switched to touchscreen as well. And obviously few years along the road Microsoft also made "Windows Phone." So if you think Android came from iOS, so did Windows Phone.

People often confused Android devices at the time with iPhones because they thought that all smartphones we're known as iPhone, it was a confusion because Android wasn't as popular.

The confusion exists even today, people I showed my Lumia 520 said that was it Android. Though it shared barely any resemblance.

I would really like you to show me proof that all Android devices and software looked like iPhone, while Samsung may have a history of copying from Apple it doesn't represent all of Android. Most other phones and stock Android was very different from iPhone and iOS. Just compare the HTC G1 to the original iPhone.

Joe Belfiore describes iOS as a "sea of icons" and Android as a "mess of widgets"(something along those lines) and that's where he mentions Windows Phone for having "live tiles." If you want proof of this, go watch Windows Phone 8 videos uploaded by a the Windows Phone team on their YouTube page. The live tiles we're clearly a mixture of iOS icons and Android widgets, but they we're in their own sense "unique."

I never said that multitasking was invented by Windows, I just simply said that the Windows Phone multitasking *DESIGN* came from WebOS, and iOS 7's multitasking was not copied from Windows Phone it was copied from *WEBOS*.

not just that,these features android and ios "invented" such as NFC ,bluetooth,notification centres,icons,widgets etc actually debuted first on symbian,meego,maemo,windows mobile ,palm os and web os
the notification centre arguement is something which could go on and on but even blackberry's early versions of the bb hub in bbos can be counted as a notification centre of a sort ,still earlier than android
i hate when people think android and apple got features first and every other os copied it,sure they brought new stuff to the table but some things debuted on older operating systems

No, the notification center argument can not go on and on, your simple argument was that Symbian got it first, it didn't. You we're wrong and you should admit it. Stick to your arguments, don't keep changing them as you get proven wrong.

Android hands down brought most of the innovation in the market, while it does have it's own share of copying features.

1410362612365.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for sharing that, much appreciated.

View attachment 80447

I just searched this up, most of what I found we're BS renders and phones with nearly zero similarity to the iPhone.

I never said that iPhone was the first "touchscreen" device however it was the first proper "touchscreen" device with great software and hardware to go with it, it started a revolution.

Android was originally designed to launch on phones similar to Blackberry, but as soon as iPhone was launched Android switched to touchscreen as well. And obviously few years along the road Microsoft also made "Windows Phone." So if you think Android came from iOS, so did Windows Phone.

People often confused Android devices at the time with iPhones because they thought that all smartphones we're known as iPhone, it was a confusion because Android wasn't as popular.

The confusion exists even today, people I showed my Lumia 520 said that was it Android. Though it shared barely any resemblance.

I would really like you to show me proof that all Android devices and software looked like iPhone, while Samsung may have a history of copying from Apple it doesn't represent all of Android. Most other phones and stock Android was very different from iPhone and iOS. Just compare the HTC G1 to the original iPhone.

Joe Belfiore describes iOS as a "sea of icons" and Android as a "mess of widgets"(something along those lines) and that's where he mentions Windows Phone for having "live tiles." If you want proof of this, go watch Windows Phone 8 videos uploaded by a the Windows Phone team on their YouTube page. The live tiles we're clearly a mixture of iOS icons and Android widgets, but they we're in their own sense "unique."

I never said that multitasking was invented by Windows, I just simply said that the Windows Phone multitasking *DESIGN* came from WebOS, and iOS 7's multitasking was not copied from Windows Phone it was copied from *WEBOS*.

No, the notification center argument can not go on and on, your simple argument was that Symbian got it first, it didn't. You we're wrong and you should admit it. Stick to your arguments, don't keep changing them as you get proven wrong.

Android hands down brought most of the innovation in the market, while it does have it's own share of copying features.

umm no im not wrong so im not gonna admit im wrong since im not
android has brought very few unique stuff forward and a notif centre ,icons etc is not included
android never brought innovation to the market the way ios and symbian did
im not changing my arguement,im saying android never got these things before the older operating systems

not fully true,windows phone ,bb os,meego,windows mobile and symbian got nfc,widgets,notification centre first
symbian got it really long ago,people once again assume android(and ios) got these features first
IR blasters were found on symbian and java phones for years most notably the nokia E51
T9 correction was first on symbian and S40

to support my notif centre claims about maemo getting it before android since salmanahmad doesnt believe symbian and blackberry had it before android
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=m...a=X&ei=BpUQVIrfPM2eugTl_oLwBw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
just look at the pics and youll see a notif centre right there
stop straying off topic now,android myths about the notif centre have been debunked a load of times now

Last edited by a moderator:

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
umm no im not wrong so im not gonna admit im wrong since im not
android has brought very few unique stuff forward and a notif centre ,icons etc is not included
android never brought innovation to the market the way ios and symbian did
im not changing my arguement,im saying android never got these things before the older operating systems

LOL. In your argument I see no mention of Windows Phone's innovation whereas this thread was about Android copying Windows Phone, where the OP clearly got proven wrong.

And why does notification center not count? Android did bring it first and it brought the best version yet and Android still has the best notification center.

My dad has a Blackberry device and it does have a notification center, but it's running Blackberry OS 6.0 which was released way after the first Android version came out.

1410373202272.jpg
1410373214435.jpg

So please provide proof that Blackberry had notification center first, because clearly Symbian did not.

Again I would like you to see this for just a few of the things Android put in mobile devices, first:

1410373265634.jpg

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
LOL. In your argument I see no mention of Windows Phone's innovation whereas this thread was about Android copying Windows Phone, where the OP clearly got proven wrong.

And why does notification center not count? Android did bring it first and it brought the best version yet and Android still has the best notification center.

My dad has a Blackberry device and it does have a notification center, but it's running Blackberry OS 6.0 which was released way after the first Android version came out.

View attachment 80469
View attachment 80470

So please provide proof that Blackberry had notification center first, because clearly Symbian did not.

Again I would like you to see this for just a few of the things Android put in mobile devices, first:

View attachment 80471

umm no your wrong im sorry to say
and this is going off topic
http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/04/11/nokias-nfc-phone-history/
2003 is before 2009 im pretty sure
you may have seen the next one on BB10
http://static.digit.in/fckeditor/uploads/file/1-305135-blackberry-hub.jpg
but blackberry hub made a debut in bbos 4 wayy before android
widgets
http://static.freewaresymbian.net/data/programs/images/2-564995-7628_32186.jpg
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=w...a=X&ei=0A8RVJm9CYzHuAT5_IKIDg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
IR blaster-
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=e...a=X&ei=5g8RVK7UG8S3uASv-4CADg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
even app installs from a browser is from s40,s60,windows mobile and palm os
the earliest waterproof phone i had owned-
http://cdn0.mos.techradar.futurecdn...2710-ofic-212940036244d20eda8c873d-420-90.jpg
predictive typing-
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/wY7dXHqP6eY/0.jpg
battery monitor-
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_mcEfLr7qw58/TTWUI3tYsYI/AAAAAAAACQE/CSYHS93DBtc/s512/PhotonC602000056.jpg

Last edited:

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
@salmanahmad

About touchscreens, you replied to Karthik Naik that all the touchscreens originated from iPhones, you replied to me that iPhones were the first proper touchscreen phones. Do you even think while speaking? Also here are the images of the Android phones which look similar to an iPhone. I could find infinite results like these, if you couldn't find them, you just need to learn 'how to search'. Also world's 1st notification bar was on maemo, not Android /iOS / windows. Talking about innovation, we are not talking here about it. Androids success is also not due to its own creativity

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140910_0012.png
    wp_ss_20140910_0012.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 52
  • wp_ss_20140910_0013.png
    wp_ss_20140910_0013.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 11
  • according to technology review the phone looks very similar to.jpg
    according to technology review the phone looks very similar to.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Karbonn K-Phone 1 is an Apple iPhone 5 lookalike feature phone priced ___.jpg
    Karbonn K-Phone 1 is an Apple iPhone 5 lookalike feature phone priced ___.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 10
  • China Iphone 5 Lookalike All Featured Android Smartphone.jpg
    China Iphone 5 Lookalike All Featured Android Smartphone.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Micromax-Canvas-Knight-A350-Black.jpg
    Micromax-Canvas-Knight-A350-Black.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 9
  • iPhone Look-alikes.jpg
    iPhone Look-alikes.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 51
  • and think that they may have similarities but also have plenty of ___.jpg
    and think that they may have similarities but also have plenty of ___.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Meizu M9II Surfaced and Looks More Like iPhone 4 iPod Touch Remixed.jpg
    Meizu M9II Surfaced and Looks More Like iPhone 4 iPod Touch Remixed.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 54
  • ___ iphone knockoffs now this company throws out its another iphone clone.jpg
    ___ iphone knockoffs now this company throws out its another iphone clone.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Galaxy S looking curiously similar to the iPhone 3GS , it seems like ___.jpg
    Galaxy S looking curiously similar to the iPhone 3GS , it seems like ___.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 53

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

I did *NOT* take it off-topic, it was for Windows Phone vs Android in terms of copying, you brought in a dozen other operating systems.

And the photo clearly say "NFC payments" not just NFC, Android is one of the first operating systems to introduce that years before iOS.

Blackberry Hub is vert different from a proper notification center, there are very slim chances that a notification centre originated from there, and I don't understand why you don't stick to your original argument? You said that *SYMBIAN* got it first, why bring Blackberry into this at all?

As far as predictive I don't see it happening on that phone, and battery stats and data stats on Android are way different from that simple widget.

1410449577301.jpg
1410449585709.jpg

Yes the above two battery and data stats are what Windows Phone copied in Windows Phone 8.1, and iOS has copied as well. But still Android does it better than both of them(in most aspects).

The rest of the IR blaster and the other stuff may have originated in other phones, I didn't make that photo and the OP may have made a mistake, but just look at how much of that is made by Android.

@salmanahmad

About touchscreens, you replied to Karthik Naik that all the touchscreens originated from iPhones, you replied to me that iPhones were the first proper touchscreen phones. Do you even think while speaking? Also here are the images of the Android phones which look similar to an iPhone. I could find infinite results like these, if you couldn't find them, you just need to learn 'how to search'. Also world's 1st notification bar was on maemo, not Android /iOS / windows. Talking about innovation, we are not talking here about it. Androids success is also not due to its own creativity

I would firstly like to apologize for not making myself clear enough, I didn't mean to say iPhone was the first touchscreen device but it initiated the revolution.

Prior to the iPhone there we're touchscreen devices (I've used them) but they weren't complete in one way or the other, and all the people around me that had used one of those older touchscreen devices simply left them.

Android was originally designed to be on phones with a Blackberry like form factor, because iPhone came out and Google saw that touchscreen devices had potential(so did Microsoft in a few years) and quickly updated their OSes to support touchscreens.

However no one knows what Android had, prior to Google purchasing it, it was a project started in 2003(if I am not wrong).

As far as Android devices having copied iPhone or iOS, I never denied that but your point was that Android gained most of it's popularity from copying iOS and iPhone, that was completely untrue.

And from the photos you've posted I would like to point out three things:

1) The first LG device of which you've posted a photo of, according to GSMArena, did *NOT* run Android.

2) A lot of these phones we're not launched during when Android started up(this was your original argument).

3) Many of these phones we're made by OEMs like Micromax, or other lesser known brands. The "lesser known brands" don't count because you said that Android gains its success originally from copying iPhone and iOS designs, these OEMs appeared later and WE'RE NOT very successful in promoting Android when they came out.

4) Some of the above photos are total nonsense, I mean the HTC One has so many differences from the iPhone. Just to name a few, camera placement, more metal, front firing speakers, two bars on the top and bottom back sides, etc.

5) One of the articles by Geek.com that says that iOS copied the lockscreen and multitasking from Windows Phone is total BS.

1410450088500.jpg

First of all, multitasking came from WebOS design, that's where Windows Phone and iOS copied it, here's a video: http://youtu.be/KkDNSW7-HYo

Btw the lockscreens look very different, he just applied a similar wallpaper, but still it's different because of the camera shortcut, arrows on top and botton, clock placement, swipe right to unlock, etc.

If anything iOS 7 copied a little bit of design from Windows Phone, but in both iOS 7 and 8 it mostly copied from Android.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-copied-android-in-ios-7-2013-6?op=1

And plus if you think that any OS got the notification center before Android, please show proof. And a notification center means not just notifications from one app, or notifications in an app, it should be a genuine pull down(or some other easy method) kind of notification center that displays notification from most(if not all) applications. If you both find to fail something like this, please stop trolling.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I did *NOT* take it off-topic, it was for Windows Phone vs Android in terms of copying, you brought in a dozen other operating systems.

And the photo clearly say "NFC payments" not just NFC, Android is one of the first operating systems to introduce that years before iOS.

Blackberry Hub is vert different from a proper notification center, there are very slim chances that a notification centre originated from there, and I don't understand why you don't stick to your original argument? You said that *SYMBIAN* got it first, why bring Blackberry into this at all?

As far as predictive I don't see it happening on that phone, and battery stats and data stats on Android are way different from that simple widget.

View attachment 80601
View attachment 80602

Yes the above two battery and data stats are what Windows Phone copied in Windows Phone 8.1, and iOS has copied as well. But still Android does it better than both of them(in most aspects).

The rest of the IR blaster and the other stuff may have originated in other phones, I didn't make that photo and the OP may have made a mistake, but just look at how much of that is made by Android.

I would firstly like to apologize for not making myself clear enough, I didn't mean to say iPhone was the first touchscreen device but it initiated the revolution.

Prior to the iPhone there we're touchscreen devices (I've used them) but they weren't complete in one way or the other, and all the people around me that had used one of those older touchscreen devices simply left them.

Android was originally designed to be on phones with a Blackberry like form factor, because iPhone came out and Google saw that touchscreen devices had potential(so did Microsoft in a few years) and quickly updated their OSes to support touchscreens.

However no one knows what Android had, prior to Google purchasing it, it was a project started in 2003(if I am not wrong).

As far as Android devices having copied iPhone or iOS, I never denied that but your point was that Android gained most of it's popularity from copying iOS and iPhone, that was completely untrue.

And from the photos you've posted I would like to point out three things:

1) The first LG device of which you've posted a photo of, according to GSMArena, did *NOT* run Android.

2) A lot of these phones we're not launched during when Android started up(this was your original argument).

3) Many of these phones we're made by OEMs like Micromax, or other lesser known brands. The "lesser known brands" don't count because you said that Android gains its success originally from copying iPhone and iOS designs, these OEMs appeared later and WE'RE NOT very successful in promoting Android when they came out.

4) Some of the above photos are total nonsense, I mean the HTC One has so many differences from the iPhone. Just to name a few, camera placement, more metal, front firing speakers, two bars on the top and bottom back sides, etc.

5) One of the articles by Geek.com that says that iOS copied the lockscreen and multitasking from Windows Phone is total BS.

View attachment 80604

First of all, multitasking came from WebOS design, that's where Windows Phone and iOS copied it, here's a video: webOS VS. iOS 7 Multitasking - YouTube

Btw the lockscreens look very different, he just applied a similar wallpaper, but still it's different because of the camera shortcut, arrows on top and botton, clock placement, swipe right to unlock, etc.

If anything iOS 7 copied a little bit of design from Windows Phone, but in both iOS 7 and 8 it mostly copied from Android.

Apple Copied Android In iOS 7 - Business Insider

And plus if you think that any OS got the notification center before Android, please show proof. And a notification center means not just notifications from one app, or notifications in an app, it should be a genuine pull down(or some other easy method) kind of notification center that displays notification from most(if not all) applications. If you both find to fail something like this, please stop trolling.

i even gave you proof
battery stats is copied from symbian,first seen on the 5800XM
symbian and windows mobile pretty much got all these things wayy before android
android was started as a clone of symbian and ios etc,now people like you wont believe this for some reason
how old are you? im asking because i dont think you were active in the symbian era or you would have known symbian better,serious question
the arguement was android didnt "invent" NFC or a notif centre,other operating systems got it first
if im not mistaken NFC Payments as you like to call it does have the word and technology nfc in it
im sorry but this is ridiculous especially with the name calling you said for Psoham777
calling someone ****** ,troll etc is once again against the rules of this forum

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
@salmanahmad

I am sorry to say this, but from the start your arguments have been totally useless/pointless. If someone says some bitter truth about Android, you just can't swallow it. Can you? You just come up with your pointless /baseless arguments, post some images which you think you are giving some proof or something. For every damn thing you want a proof, are you an advocate or a judge, something that sort of who always runs behind proofs. You think if you don't know something, that thing doesn't exist. All my friends /neighbours / acquaintances or any other damn person I know using an Android phone, says that Android is just a mere copy of iOS, with many customization features, a more flexible OS as compared to iOS. That's it. Because they used Android when it came, they are the ones who tell me about those iPhone look alike Android phones. I thought the whole world knew about those Android phones which were a copy of iPhones or at least they looked quite similar to it, but you didn't. Even after posting several images, you deny them just by saying that companies like micromax doesn't count. Why doesn't it count when it makes iPhone look alike phones. In India, Micromax sales are huge, throughout Asia, Micromax is spreading like cancer & you say it doesn't count.(I posted htc one image by mistake). Karthik Naik was right when he said that you hadn't used Symbian phones or early devices. Talking about notification centre, maemo was the first one to have a pull down notification centre, not Android. If you want proof, just search through internet & even if you couldn't find it , then you better learn how to search. While searching about notification centre there are those thousands of BS sites who say about Android notification centre, but none of them say Android got it first, only some sites say that maemo got it first. & for the last time, multitasking was invented by webOS, but when windows got it even ios 7 got it, so my point was just that iOS multitasking now looks like Windows. & you say the site geek is BS because it says iOS copied windows. What the hell! At least that reviewer who has written that article has better knowledge than you do!

If you don't believe any of the above what I said, don't bother to argue any further. Whatever proofs you want, search it yourself, I am not here to do spoon feeding. I did that previously & the result were your totally baseless & pointless arguments

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
i even gave you proof
battery stats is copied from symbian,first seen on the 5800XM
symbian and windows mobile pretty much got all these things wayy before android
android was started as a clone of symbian and ios etc,now people like you wont believe this for some reason
how old are you? im asking because i dont think you were active in the symbian era or you would have known symbian better,serious question
the arguement was android didnt "invent" NFC or a notif centre,other operating systems got it first
if im not mistaken NFC Payments as you like to call it does have the word and technology nfc in it
im sorry but this is ridiculous especially with the name calling you said for Psoham777
calling someone ****** ,troll etc is once again against the rules of this forum

That was *NOT* battery stats. The definition of stats or statistics is not a simple widget but more advanced analysis of data. Android got battery stats first, while Symbian may have gotten a battery widget first.

THESE ARE BATTERY STATS:

1410519251999.jpg
1410519265180.jpg
1410519275180.jpg

I did not say that Android invented NFC, I said that Android may possibly have been the first to implement payments directly through your phone via NFC, which Windows Phone and iOS will copy(or have already).

I never called the other guy names, I merely needed proof.

Android may have copied features from previous operating systems, but everyone(even Apple and Microsoft) have done that. Copying isn't nearly as big of a deal as you guys make it out to be.

@salmanahmad

I am sorry to say this, but from the start your arguments have been totally useless/pointless. If someone says some bitter truth about Android, you just can't swallow it. Can you? You just come up with your pointless /baseless arguments, post some images which you think you are giving some proof or something. For every damn thing you want a proof, are you an advocate or a judge, something that sort of who always runs behind proofs. You think if you don't know something, that thing doesn't exist. All my friends /neighbours / acquaintances or any other damn person I know using an Android phone, says that Android is just a mere copy of iOS, with many customization features, a more flexible OS as compared to iOS. That's it. Because they used Android when it came, they are the ones who tell me about those iPhone look alike Android phones. I thought the whole world knew about those Android phones which were a copy of iPhones or at least they looked quite similar to it, but you didn't. Even after posting several images, you deny them just by saying that companies like micromax doesn't count. Why doesn't it count when it makes iPhone look alike phones. In India, Micromax sales are huge, throughout Asia, Micromax is spreading like cancer & you say it doesn't count.(I posted htc one image by mistake). Karthik Naik was right when he said that you hadn't used Symbian phones or early devices. Talking about notification centre, maemo was the first one to have a pull down notification centre, not Android. If you want proof, just search through internet & even if you couldn't find it , then you better learn how to search. While searching about notification centre there are those thousands of BS sites who say about Android notification centre, but none of them say Android got it first, only some sites say that maemo got it first. & for the last time, multitasking was invented by webOS, but when windows got it even ios 7 got it, so my point was just that iOS multitasking now looks like Windows. & you say the site geek is BS because it says iOS copied windows. What the hell! At least that reviewer who has written that article has better knowledge than you do!

If you don't believe any of the above what I said, don't bother to argue any further. Whatever proofs you want, search it yourself, I am not here to do spoon feeding. I did that previously & the result were your totally baseless & pointless arguments

I don't care about what people around you say, just because everyone says something doesn't mean that they are right. Didn't people believe at one time that the Earth was flat? Or that the Earth was stationary? Just because everyone says that DOES NOT make it true.

Moving on, your original argument was that Android gained success by copying iOS software and hardware and I admitted that along the way certain OEMs have copied it but Android still massively differed even from the beginning, Android's popularity could be attributed to all the extra features, openness, sharing, customization but NOT BECAUSE OEMS copied Apple day and night.

While Micromax may have become famous now, your original argument was that when Android came out it became popular because of the software and hardware resembling iPhone, Micromax isn't even relevant here because IT DIDN'T MAKE ANDROID PHONES WHEN ANDROID ORIGINALLY CAME OUT.

What you simply did was find every photo you found on the internet and say that they copied hardware and software, ONE OF THOSE PHONES WASN'T EVEN ANDROID, AND THE OTHER ONE(HTC ONE) LOOKED BARELY ANYTHING LIKE IPHONE.

Your "proofs" have been quite childish at best, I've proved you wrong several times.

Moving on I searched Maemo notification center, couldn't find anything.

1410519867228.jpg

This is why I am constantly asking for proof, because most of your statements have turned out to be false.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
@salmanahmad
About iPhone look alike phones, I've already said that I posted HTC one image by mistake. Talking about LG not running Android, it doesn't even matter, as at that time people used Symbian phones, Nokia dominated the market. You don't see those thousands of Android phones that look similar to iPhones, but only emphasize on that one phone. My original argument was that when early Android came, it looked like iOS & then Android pushed out updates to differentiate between the two! How many times have I said that? Hence today Android looks different to iOS. Even after giving you constant proofs that Android phones looked like iPhones, you didn't believe me, I even said that Samsung galaxy s2 & its counterparts were banned because it copied an iPhone. You wanted the proof, so I sent you all those useless images of Android phones looking like iPhones. If you think that those results were childish, you wanted them, you demanded for those childish results! & then you said Micromax didn't count, hence I said that Micromax was growing, I never said it had Android earlier. Its you who are changing topics, & then you argue in the same saying anything rubbish. & you are saying, you proved me wrong, totally BS!😒 . You were wrong from your 1st post. When I said in my earlier post that your arguments are totally pointless /baseless, I was surely correct. You don't even get a bit of what I say & you come up with your rubbish arguments.
You don't care about what people say/think, is it? Its like those mad people in mental hospitals, they think they are the only smart ones in this world, rest all are fools, you think the same way

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That was *NOT* battery stats. The definition of stats or statistics is not a simple widget but more advanced analysis of data. Android got battery stats first, while Symbian may have gotten a battery widget first.

THESE ARE BATTERY STATS:

View attachment 80699
View attachment 80700
View attachment 80701

I did not say that Android invented NFC, I said that Android may possibly have been the first to implement payments directly through your phone via NFC, which Windows Phone and iOS will copy(or have already).

I never called the other guy names, I merely needed proof.

Android may have copied features from previous operating systems, but everyone(even Apple and Microsoft) have done that. Copying isn't nearly as big of a deal as you guys make it out to be.

I don't care about what people around you say, just because everyone says something doesn't mean that they are right. Didn't people believe at one time that the Earth was flat? Or that the Earth was stationary? Just because everyone says that DOES NOT make it true.

Moving on, your original argument was that Android gained success by copying iOS software and hardware and I admitted that along the way certain OEMs have copied it but Android still massively differed even from the beginning, Android's popularity could be attributed to all the extra features, openness, sharing, customization but NOT BECAUSE OEMS copied Apple day and night.

While Micromax may have become famous now, your original argument was that when Android came out it became popular because of the software and hardware resembling iPhone, Micromax isn't even relevant here because IT DIDN'T MAKE ANDROID PHONES WHEN ANDROID ORIGINALLY CAME OUT.

What you simply did was find every photo you found on the internet and say that they copied hardware and software, ONE OF THOSE PHONES WASN'T EVEN ANDROID, AND THE OTHER ONE(HTC ONE) LOOKED BARELY ANYTHING LIKE IPHONE.

Your "proofs" have been quite childish at best, I've proved you wrong several times.

Moving on I searched Maemo notification center, couldn't find anything.

View attachment 80702

This is why I am constantly asking for proof, because most of your statements have turned out to be false.

we have given you enough proof and you called us ****** and troll etc(which is against forum rules once again and counts as name calling-not once but thrice) even though we gave you proof and you still raged on and on and were impolite to a bunch of us even though no one offended you but you did so thrice
im not gonna give you further proof because it is obvious you havent used symbian,s40,windows mobile,meego,maeomo and the old bbos
otherwise you wouldnt post as though android invented these things

about maemo heres proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo2wHy2kTE4#t=512

Last edited:

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
@salmanahmad
About iPhone look alike phones, I've already said that I posted HTC one image by mistake. Talking about LG not running Android, it doesn't even matter, as at that time people used Symbian phones, Nokia dominated the market. You don't see those thousands of Android phones that look similar to iPhones, but only emphasize on that one phone. My original argument was that when early Android came, it looked like iOS & then Android pushed out updates to differentiate between the two! How many times have I said that? Hence today Android looks different to iOS. Even after giving you constant proofs that Android phones looked like iPhones, you didn't believe me, I even said that Samsung galaxy s2 & its counterparts were banned because it copied an iPhone. You wanted the proof, so I sent you all those useless images of Android phones looking like iPhones. If you think that those results were childish, you wanted them, you demanded for those childish results! & then you said Micromax didn't count, hence I said that Micromax was growing, I never said it had Android earlier. Its you who are changing topics, & then you argue in the same saying anything rubbish. & you are saying, you proved me wrong, totally BS!😒 . You were wrong from your 1st post. When I said in my earlier post that your arguments are totally pointless /baseless, I was surely correct. You don't even get a bit of what I say & you come up with your rubbish arguments.
You don't care about what people say/think, is it? Its like those mad people in mental hospitals, they think they are the only smart ones in this world, rest all are fools, you think the same way

1) Never called you a fool.

2) Never denied that certain OEMs have copied iPhone.

3) Didn't discredit Micromax. It's just that Micromax wasn't supposed to be in the argument at all because you said Android initial success was because of phones that looked like iPhone, Micromax launched Android phones way after the inception.

4) The photos you gave me, some of them we're made from companies barely anyone has heard of, like Karbonn or Babiken and iorgane. They might be popular in their own host countries but they hold very little representation of Android as a whole.

5) Original Android software vs Original iOS software:

1410532090868.jpg

If Google's updated their original Android just because they wanted it to look different from iOS, they didn't need to update it at all! Because it already looked so different!

6) Samsung is one of the only prominent companies that has been known to copy, it doesn't represent all of Android. Samsung also makes Windows Phone btw.

7) Android's success was *NOT* because Android looked like iPhone, nor because of hardware nor software. It may have accounted for a little bit of growth but it was definitely not the reason for why Android became so popular.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
^^not true,im afraid
heres a site you should visit
Stop copying Apple
its an actual site shows who all copied who

Interestingly if you believe most of that stuff, it also applies to Windows Phone.

For example the article says that iOS introduced tap, hold and pin one app on another to create a folder.

That's how Android does it, and that's how Windows Phone has done it.

So the company you are defending(which is unclear) is also copying.

Apple also copies, everyone copies. It depends on the implementation and way that you do it. It also depends on which company is known for innovation.

Copying isn't such a big deal, like I've said countless times before. Everyone does it.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Interestingly if you believe most of that stuff, it also applies to Windows Phone.

For example the article says that iOS introduced tap, hold and pin one app on another to create a folder.

That's how Android does it, and that's how Windows Phone has done it.

So the company you are defending(which is unclear) is also copying.

Apple also copies, everyone copies. It depends on the implementation and way that you do it. It also depends on which company is known for innovation.

Copying isn't such a big deal, like I've said countless times before. Everyone does it.

Finally, you admit android copies stuff not everyone copied android

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Finally, you admit android copies stuff not everyone copied android

IF THAT WAS THE ARGUMENT. I SAID THAT IN THE BEGINNING.

All OSes copy each other, Android was never an exception.

It depends on implementation and innovation, Android usually does that best followed closely by Apple, and sometimes Windows Phone pulls out something cool on occasion.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
android=innovation? i dont think so,most of the time these "innovative" phones have other issues like lag,air gesture etc is unique on android ill give you that but my god samsung phones do lag alot
android lacks quality and premium feel which ios and wp give out majorly,except maybe stock android but it feels bare and limited

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
android=innovation? i dont think so,most of the time these "innovative" phones have other issues like lag,air gesture etc is unique on android ill give you that but my god samsung phones do lag alot
android lacks quality and premium feel which ios and wp give out majorly,except maybe stock android but it feels bare and limited

Being more of an Android user, I know that Samsung has a laggy UI and most of it's features are gimmicky(not all of them though).

But Android does have very quality software apart from Samsung's TouchWiz(which is improving). The Sense UI made by HTC, or slightly moded Stock ROM by Motorola and Stock Android on Nexus are amazing.

And one of my cousins recently bought a Grand 2, the UI is pretty smooth despite the Grand being a Snapdragon 400 device and the only small stutters are in a few apps here and there.

Android, Windows Phone and iOS don't need very powerful processors or GPUs anymore.

It depends on your preferences, mostly.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Being more of an Android user, I know that Samsung has a laggy UI and most of it's features are gimmicky(not all of them though).

But Android does have very quality software apart from Samsung's TouchWiz(which is improving). The Sense UI made by HTC, or slightly moded Stock ROM by Motorola and Stock Android on Nexus are amazing.

And one of my cousins recently bought a Grand 2, the UI is pretty smooth despite the Grand being a Snapdragon 400 device and the only small stutters are in a few apps here and there.

Android, Windows Phone and iOS don't need very powerful processors or GPUs anymore.

It depends on your preferences, mostly.

android still lags on lower hardware,that still hasnt changed
even the battery life is still bad
my friends S5 lags like a gif image,im a consumer i dont care if its touchwiz,sense UI etc i just know android isnt working properly on some expensive handsets and loads of mid and low range handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss