The iPhone 6 is a bit of a disappointment, a chance for MS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone 5s has a swipe type of keyboard. I am currently using swift key.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
Hrm, how effective is, the swipe keyboard on Windows Phone is superb, the only issue I have is if I type lets say the word "Operation" and the first two letters I type without swiping, in this case "OP" then I want to finish the rest of the word using swipe keyboard, there is a space between "Op" "eration"

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Like kids mode. how long have we had that? and now stupid samsung pretends its unique and groundbreaking

HaHa that is the problem, Microsoft adds the gems, as they should continue to do, no one knows about them. Someone else comes along in this case Samsung and claims it as their own. I told a Android user at work, I'll soon be able to record 4K video, they said to me, "yeah right, that can't be". I replied, it can be they just replied "your a liar" then I just gave up on the conversation.

Microsoft can add amazing features, and they should as I've said, with the small market they have who will know ? I don't think Microsoft is going to trash Windows Phone, they are just under going some major house cleaning, which positions there mobile area, down in the dumps but one of there top priorities is the mobile platform.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got my 6 a few days ago .. hardly a disappointment to be honest. Its the first iPhone that feels right..I've had them all since the 4

Phone Guy 4567

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been very critical of Windows Phone but I think MS should keep it going. A constant recurring theme I hear in multiple threads on multiple forums is I'm bored with my phone. Odds are that eventually the iPhone will become boring to enough of the masses and MS can take advantage of that, which they can only do if they have a mobile offering. MS has nothing to lose in the mobile space, with such a low market share they can reboot the OS until something gains traction. iOS on the other hand will be more slow moving because it is well established with a large user base, which IMO Apple will be scared of upsetting with any major changes. iOS is Apple's Windows a blessing and a problem at the same time.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been very critical of Windows Phone but I think MS should keep it going. A constant recurring theme I hear in multiple threads on multiple forums is I'm bored with my phone. Odds are that eventually the iPhone will become boring to enough of the masses and MS can take advantage of that, which they can only do if they have a mobile offering. MS has nothing to lose in the mobile space, with such a low market share they can reboot the OS until something gains traction. iOS on the other hand will be more slow moving because it is well established with a large user base, which IMO Apple will be scared of upsetting with any major changes. iOS is Apple's Windows a blessing and a problem at the same time.

Well written ! If Microsoft comes out with something that can shift the gears, Apple will be worried. Microsoft is a threat to Apple as long as Apple can keep MS at a distance for now, they are safe, for now, that is ! As much as Android has most of the market, what OS has most of the market in the world, Windows ! It can shift Microsoft direction, they dominate most desktops.

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Wow, some IMPATIENT rich (or probably dumb) guy just bought an iPhone 6 Plus, for MYR7800 here in Malaysia from a local phone shop.. that's 2413.74 US dollars (according to Google) for the 64GB version. *facepalm* Scalpers rejoice!

He could have just went down to Singapore and get the 128GB version for S$1448.. that's 1158.12 US dollars.
Or he could also buy from the US Apple website for just $949 (excluding taxes).

Source: iPhone 6 Plus for RM7800, Anyone? | Lowyat.NET

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
"The iPhone 6 is a disappointment"

​What major phones have come to WP this year that have been amazingly innovative?

Nothing too innovative, but plenty of (cheap) choice. iPhone6 would be just fine if it cost half as much as it does, but for 950€, a phone needs to print money and have a wish genie on a speed dial.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Nothing too innovative, but plenty of (cheap) choice. iPhone6 would be just fine if it cost half as much as it does, but for 950€, a phone needs to print money and have a wish genie on a speed dial.

Or work well enough and be worth that much money to the person buying it. The problem that Microsoft has had this year is a lack of BIG releases. As you said, they have plenty of cheap phones. Windows on phones is going to be like Windows desktops (and no, not the user base most likely). Windows on phones is going to be associated with the cheapest hardware imaginable, and that's not a good thing.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am a windows phone fan and user like everyone else here, but take the Microsoft goggles off. Larger screen, faster 64 bit processor,, more on board memory and finally a company really pushing NFC into reality. On top of that an actual preorder date for new phones and an actual date that everyone will get an OS upgrade. Microsoft has nothing at this point, especially in the USA - just corny Cortana vs Siri commercials showcasing a $100 phone with no front camera or rear flash with a whopping 512 memory. They look real pathetic at this point, let's hope they have something real soon or WP will be another Zune.
Way to put a downer on my day, dude!
I just paused and re read your comment, and it is spot on. Now in going to have to go read about those bendy iPhones again to cheer myself up... Lol

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I know you can be on any forum you choose, if some of you are so fanatical about the iPhone, why are you on a Windows Phone forum ? And in-case some you didn't know, the amount of money it costs Apple to make an iPhone6 is, first I will say it sells for roughly $950.00US and the actual cost to make the iPhone6:

$270.00 US

I know you can do the math, but that is over $600 profit for Apple !

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I know you can be on any forum you choose, if some of you are so fanatical about the iPhone, why are you on a Windows Phone forum ? And in-case some you didn't know, the amount of money it costs Apple to make an iPhone6 is, first I will say it sells for roughly $950.00US and the actual cost to make the iPhone6:

$270.00 US

And they sold 10 million of them in a weekend. $600 * 10 million? I'll take it! Apple is brilliant.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
And they sold 10 million of them in a weekend. $600 * 10 million? I'll take it! Apple is brilliant.

I'll give them that they're brilliant in marketing, always have been. Though, not so much in crowd control when it comes to a widespread problem, which I'm wondering what they'll do with the Plus Bend.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Exactly, im not sure what the point of the previous statement was...other than proving Apple is damn smart, and shows how willingly their fans (new and old) are to adopt new hardware within a weekend release. Can you really bash them for their over-achieved success? Even I watch Apple commercials and they get me moving lol.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll give them that they're brilliant in marketing, always have been. Though, not so much in crowd control when it comes to a widespread problem, which I'm wondering what they'll do with the Plus Bend.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle it. I wouldn't write them off. Apple will probably come out on top!

ambeatz

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I will say that their is maybe a chance lol but then to really think carefully is what chances do they have? Well hardware wise everything is similarly matched to apple. But then its the OS that is really proving the stability between the two. No matter what hardware is under the hood. Keep in mind iPhone 5 hardware is matched similarly to nokias midranged hardware phones. But the OS is what's driving apples stability. If our OS starts getting stable yes we have a chance. How many of us use 512mb ram phones and play games thats crashing all the time lol. But on iPhone 5-4 it doesn't? Thats the game changer. Stabalize the OS. Get it on par. If good software can drive MS great hardware. Yes we will come out on top obviously. And for the prices we pay for our phones with reasonable hardware and a growing OS. Yup we can take over.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't call them brilliant, they need you to buy it, that makes you a sucker.
resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-there-s-a-sucker-born-every-minute-ecbf9e.jpg

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
No, i would call it brilliant marketing. The announcement launch streamed at apple.com could barely handle the load of worldwide viewers, the preorders 4+ million. They know how to get people excited by their products, they are legendary when it comes to marketing. They wouldnt have the mass market appeal if they produced poor products. Sure i know most people here laugh at Apple products and their fans for being so loyal, but go through these forums and tell me you dont see similar fanboys here.

"Its the same device, just with a bigger screen". True, and you know what? Thats a justified reason for a large number of people to invest in the product. Is it overdue? Sure it is, but thats Apple Marketing at its finest...and dominating. People can say what they want, the reality is people use their mobile phones daily (basically live off them), so a LARGE number of people have no problem re-investing every year for something they depend on and use daily. Do I think the fans are crazy to purchase the latest iPhone every year? Sure, but i can understand why they do it...whether i find it absurd or not.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

$270.00 US

This sort of thing is total and complete BS and I hate to see when this garbage is passed around. There's far more that goes into a product than just the parts themselves. Research is expensive. Developing a product to bring it to market is expensive. And yes, even marketing a product on the scale that Apple does is expensive. They don't just flip a switch and pop out a device.

I get that we all prefer non-iPhone products, but that's no reason to ignore facts.

Bodeanicus

Banned
Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
******? Who said MS hasn't been a disappointment so far in 2014? You see, many Windows Phone users, including myself, have put MS to the fire on their hardware strategy. That's a good thing as it holds the company accountable. I'm glad people are asking for SD card, removable batteries, waterproofing, wireless charging and whatever.

Meanwhile, looking at this thread and many others, not a single Apple apologist has called out Apple for a mid-tier resolution on the 4.7, or lack of SD card, or mid-tier camera resolution, or 1 GB RAM, or anything with their hardware. This why people say Apple has a cult-like mentality. Their company can do no wrong. I'm not calling any individual out as I'm not here to offend people, but just pointing out the obvious. Interesting case study on human psychology really.

That's because no one but alpha nerd fanboys care about specs. We're about 1% of the phone using population. Joe Sixpack and his grandmother couldn't care less. The iPhone is in the top hardware tier when it's released. Is it THE absolute best? No, but it's near the top. Not that that matters. People buy the iPhone for the EXPERIENCE and QUALITY. You know, like real quality apps, not 3rd party knockoffs written by some dude in his spare time (no offense, Rudy, you're great.) The ability to walk into a brick and mortar store in any mid to large city in most industrialized nations if they have an issue. The ability to make back 1/3 to 1/2 selling their old device when the new one arrives. Actual useful new features added every generation (fingerprint reader, Apple Pay, Siri, etc.)

The attitudes expressed on this forum is whey Microsoft will never succeed with Windows Phone. No one will call them out on their moronic and incompetent decisios. Just fanboys making excuses, living in denial. Microsoft is going to pull the plug on this thing within 2 years, guaranteed. The only reason it's still alive is they don't want to lose face. Well, it's too late. It's done. 3% marketshare after 4 years. 4 YEARS. And now they release half-***ed phones that are actually the same or worse than their predecessors, and are STILL pricing them too high. I give up. I really, really tried to stick with Windows Phone. I really like the OS, but Microsoft's complete cluelessness on how to turn this around is ridiculous. How a company with this much money, and this much experience could screw up this badly is beyond me. Keep high fiving each other and bragging about useless specs. Your phone will have your Zune to keep it company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb