Microsofts use of SD cards miles ahead of Android

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Bought a Moto G LTE as a backup to my Nokia 820 about two weeks ago. Very good little phone (great screen) but I ran into problems when I started to use the SD card (I installed a Samsung UHS-1 32GB class 10 card in it). First off none of the Google apps could be moved to the SD card plus they could not be uninstalled. I did not want a Google account (already have Microsoft and Amazon accounts)so I installed 1 MobileMarket, Mobo Market and Amazon's Appstore on it for downloading apps. I downloaded about 30 apps and found that I could only install 17 of them to the SD card, the others would not allow it and had to go on the internal memory. I might add that I have all 30 of the same apps on my 820 and they all allow being installed to the SD card in my 820 (Sandisk 64GB class 10). In fact I only have two apps (OneDrive is one of them), that have to be installed to internal memory instead of the SD card. I got on Android Central and did a little searching and found out just how bad Google treats SD cards on all Android phones. The Moto G LTE is one of the better ones. By the way my Moto G LTE has the latest Android OS KitKat 4.4.4. What a bummer. Next time one of your friends say something bad about your WP8.1 phone tell them how much better it handles SD cards compared to Android.

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Bought a Moto G LTE as a backup to my Nokia 820 about two weeks ago. Very good little phone (great screen) but I ran into problems when I started to use the SD card (I installed a Samsung UHS-1 32GB class 10 card in it). First off none of the Google apps could be moved to the SD card plus they could not be uninstalled. I did not want a Google account (already have Microsoft and Amazon accounts)so I installed 1 MobileMarket, Mobo Market and Amazon's Appstore on it for downloading apps. I downloaded about 30 apps and found that I could only install 17 of them to the SD card, the others would not allow it and had to go on the internal memory. I might add that I have all 30 of the same apps on my 820 and they all allow being installed to the SD card in my 820 (Sandisk 64GB class 10). In fact I only have two apps (OneDrive is one of them), that have to be installed to internal memory instead of the SD card. I got on Android Central and did a little searching and found out just how bad Google treats SD cards on all Android phones. The Moto G LTE is one of the better ones. By the way my Moto G LTE has the latest Android OS KitKat 4.4.4. What a bummer. Next time one of your friends say something bad about your WP8.1 phone tell them how much better it handles SD cards compared to Android.
even I hvv a 820 n I love it very much...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro