09-18-2014 09:37 PM
58 123
tools
    you dont even read stuff properly WOW
    learn manners and some unbias
    learnt to follow forum rules
    learn not to go off topic
    I'm not off topic. You told OP that buying a Note 4 wouldn't be a smart decision because your older Note 2 didn't have very good battery life.

I merely showed him(and you) a review that a reputable company did of the Note 2 a few months after release and the battery was fine.

We are still discussing about the Note series here. And I still stand by my decision, I recommend Note 4 to the OP anyday.

But a simple way to end this, OP can get whatever he wants, the Lumia 1520 represents the best that Windows Phone has to offer whereas Note 4 represents the best Samsung has to offer(and somewhat Android as well).

There are advantages of choosing Windows Phone over Android and vice versa.
    09-16-2014 08:38 AM
    Just found another possible reason to upgrade to Note 4. It has the best smartphone display, ever.

http://www.androidcentral.com/analys...ne-display-yet
    09-16-2014 08:42 AM
    I believe any recommendation is premature for an unreleased and unreviewed product.

The Note 4 specifications are certainly attractive. However, I prefer to base significant technology purchases on empirical evidence. With only a laboratory result of a single aspect of the device, that evidence is not available for the Note 4.

Will the Note 4 have a significantly more positive impact to daily activities than my current 1520.3 that will justify the cost and time investment of the phone, the supporting applications, and ecosystem?

As a comparison, the iPhone 6 Plus is more attractive to me. I previously owned an iPhone 4s so am vested in the Apple ecosystem. Additionally, the iPhone has the advantage of higher social perception, an important factor for most individuals.

For me, the answer is the same as for the iPhone 6 Plus: attractive but no.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-17-2014 11:09 AM
    I'm not off topic. You told OP that buying a Note 4 wouldn't be a smart decision because your older Note 2 didn't have very good battery life.

I merely showed him(and you) a review that a reputable company did of the Note 2 a few months after release and the battery was fine.

We are still discussing about the Note series here. And I still stand by my decision, I recommend Note 4 to the OP anyday.

But a simple way to end this, OP can get whatever he wants, the Lumia 1520 represents the best that Windows Phone has to offer whereas Note 4 represents the best Samsung has to offer(and somewhat Android as well).

There are advantages of choosing Windows Phone over Android and vice versa.
    didnt you say samsung made pathetic phones with buggy touchwiz etc
    now suddenly its the best android
    09-17-2014 03:08 PM
    Just found another possible reason to upgrade to Note 4. It has the best smartphone display, ever.

Analysis claims the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has the best smartphone display yet | Android Central
    on paper sure but just like their tvs and cameras etc their stuff is wayy oversaturated and doesnt look natural or even pleasing
    09-17-2014 03:09 PM
    It's not really an 'upgrade' in my opinion.. More of a sidegrade!!!!
    09-17-2014 03:16 PM
    I'm contemplating switching back to an iPhone actually. Not a fan of the Android OS and I admittedly am smitten with the Apple watch. I'd get a 6 Plus of course because I'm quite accustomed to a large screen now.
    The only advises that I have is make sure that you won't be missing some exclusives apps from WP such as all Nokia apps, here maps and some Microsoft apps. If you like photography I would advise you to wait until new high end WP devices come out. The iPhone 6 does not seems to have a good camera according to the spec but a real review will tell us more. The small iPhone 6 does not even have a optical image stabilizer so it was definitely not a priority for them
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-17-2014 05:05 PM
    Well...the 1520 is nearly a year old...
    The Note 4 hasn't been officially released yet.
    But yet we're still heavily debating whether or not the Note 4 is better. Tell you anything?
    That aside, I'm sincerely hoping the 1525/30 is the first phone released with Windows Phone 9, and blows away everything in it's path. Meaning: 64-bit 810 Snapdragon Qualcomm processor. Period. I know speed-wise it's not a huge upgrade but it's 64-bit(Note isn't) and provides extra battery and efficiency upgrades. Plus faster graphics. And it's still going to be a whole lot faster than the current 800 in the 1520. QHD isn't necessary, just an improved IPS LCD. Make one of the most beautiful smartphone displays ever even better.
    Stylus-built in. It's a selling point.
    Better front facing camera-also a selling point.
    Much improved camera-I love the 1520's camera but it can be better.

Note 4 is a great device, sure. But yet a device that's a year old compares to it. And in some ways beats it. Who's to say the next generation won't completely destroy it?
    09-18-2014 09:37 PM
58 123