Anyone upgrading to note 4 from the 1520. If so, why?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The Note II never got Android 4.2, Samsung skipped it and waited to release 4.3. I know this because I owned one.

you think i was on touchwiz?? i never used laggy touchwiz for long,i used custom roms
hence the 4.2 read before posting
if you owned one you would know how laggy touchwiz is and how pathetic the battery life is

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
learn to spell and use punctuations in your post kid and pls learn more about symbian

This argument was never about our English.

But since you brought it in here, it's called "punctuation" not "punctuations".

Oh and it's "please" not "pls".

first off learn to spell
secondly,michael fischer may have found it good for an android device which frankly is bad in itself

Wow. The double standard here is laughable.

Linus Sebastion didn't find Windows Phone good at all in his M8 review, you gave us a link to Micheal Fisher's HTC One M8 review while also saying that he was a great reviewer.

But now when Micheal Fisher says something that goes against what you say, your attitude towards him has changed.

Wow.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
This argument was never about our English.

But since you brought it in here, it's called "punctuation" not "punctuations".

Oh and it's "please" not "pls".

Wow. The double standard here is laughable.

Linus Sebastion didn't find Windows Phone good at all in his M8 review, you gave us a link to Micheal Fisher's HTC One M8 review while also saying that he was a great reviewer.

But now when Micheal Fisher says something that goes against what you say, your attitude towards him has changed.

Wow.

you dont even read stuff properly WOW
learn manners and some unbias
learnt to follow forum rules
learn not to go off topic

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
you dont even read stuff properly WOW
learn manners and some unbias
learnt to follow forum rules
learn not to go off topic

I'm not off topic. You told OP that buying a Note 4 wouldn't be a smart decision because your older Note 2 didn't have very good battery life.

I merely showed him(and you) a review that a reputable company did of the Note 2 a few months after release and the battery was fine.

We are still discussing about the Note series here. And I still stand by my decision, I recommend Note 4 to the OP anyday.

But a simple way to end this, OP can get whatever he wants, the Lumia 1520 represents the best that Windows Phone has to offer whereas Note 4 represents the best Samsung has to offer(and somewhat Android as well).

There are advantages of choosing Windows Phone over Android and vice versa.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe any recommendation is premature for an unreleased and unreviewed product.

The Note 4 specifications are certainly attractive. However, I prefer to base significant technology purchases on empirical evidence. With only a laboratory result of a single aspect of the device, that evidence is not available for the Note 4.

Will the Note 4 have a significantly more positive impact to daily activities than my current 1520.3 that will justify the cost and time investment of the phone, the supporting applications, and ecosystem?

As a comparison, the iPhone 6 Plus is more attractive to me. I previously owned an iPhone 4s so am vested in the Apple ecosystem. Additionally, the iPhone has the advantage of higher social perception, an important factor for most individuals.

For me, the answer is the same as for the iPhone 6 Plus: attractive but no.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm not off topic. You told OP that buying a Note 4 wouldn't be a smart decision because your older Note 2 didn't have very good battery life.

I merely showed him(and you) a review that a reputable company did of the Note 2 a few months after release and the battery was fine.

We are still discussing about the Note series here. And I still stand by my decision, I recommend Note 4 to the OP anyday.

But a simple way to end this, OP can get whatever he wants, the Lumia 1520 represents the best that Windows Phone has to offer whereas Note 4 represents the best Samsung has to offer(and somewhat Android as well).

There are advantages of choosing Windows Phone over Android and vice versa.

didnt you say samsung made pathetic phones with buggy touchwiz etc
now suddenly its the best android

Didier3001

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm contemplating switching back to an iPhone actually. Not a fan of the Android OS and I admittedly am smitten with the Apple watch. I'd get a 6 Plus of course because I'm quite accustomed to a large screen now.
The only advises that I have is make sure that you won't be missing some exclusives apps from WP such as all Nokia apps, here maps and some Microsoft apps. If you like photography I would advise you to wait until new high end WP devices come out. The iPhone 6 does not seems to have a good camera according to the spec but a real review will tell us more. The small iPhone 6 does not even have a optical image stabilizer so it was definitely not a priority for them

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Well...the 1520 is nearly a year old...
The Note 4 hasn't been officially released yet.
But yet we're still heavily debating whether or not the Note 4 is better. Tell you anything?
That aside, I'm sincerely hoping the 1525/30 is the first phone released with Windows Phone 9, and blows away everything in it's path. Meaning: 64-bit 810 Snapdragon Qualcomm processor. Period. I know speed-wise it's not a huge upgrade but it's 64-bit(Note isn't) and provides extra battery and efficiency upgrades. Plus faster graphics. And it's still going to be a whole lot faster than the current 800 in the 1520. QHD isn't necessary, just an improved IPS LCD. Make one of the most beautiful smartphone displays ever even better.
Stylus-built in. It's a selling point.
Better front facing camera-also a selling point.
Much improved camera-I love the 1520's camera but it can be better.

Note 4 is a great device, sure. But yet a device that's a year old compares to it. And in some ways beats it. Who's to say the next generation won't completely destroy it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz