Lack of app quality is one thing but what about the so annoying resuming feature of windows phone??

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
What feature? You mean where if something is taking a minute to load, it'll say "resuming" on the screen with the animated ellipses. Where on iOS, you just get a spinning circle in the middle of the screen... IDK, Apple forgot to put the word "resuming" there?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
IOS does not have this feature so why does windows phone?? Any answers would be very welcome.
lol iOS hides this with a splash screen or a freeze frame of the app for a few seconds then you can use it again. New apps like Facebook and calendar have splash screens and almost no resuming... The more apps that get updated for 8.1 the less you will see resuming...

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I've just been playing with an Iphone 5s and there was no sign whatsover of any splash screen and the apps i have updated for 8.1 are still resuming.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
What you are looking for is preemptive multitasking

Multitasking (Windows)

which the Windows Phone kernel is capable of, but for some reason limited on Windows Phone. My guess is that its related to resource management. I believe that once you start seeing 4000mAh batteries and 2-4GB RAM as standard they will unlock the full potential of the system...just like what you see on Windows for desktop.

There are only a few mobile operating system that act like desktop ones when it comes to multitasking..

QNX (BB10), EKA2 (Symbian), and a Linux distro called Maemo/Meego which is now Tizen.

Android, iOS, and WP are all inferior from that point of view.

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
If so, the feature needs an option to manually enable. Maybe a multitasking settings screen (They can clean up settings while at it)
Let's face it, my 1520 has such a big battery I've never had it run dry. Never. Most days I get home and plug it on my bedside charger and it's still above 50%!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett