Why I feel IOS >> wp

Chaw1234567

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPad which I bought it two years ago and a Lumia 1520 which I bought it half year ago. Here I am going to talk about why IOS is much better and more stable OS than WP.

First, Lumia 1520 irresponsive screen problem which happen every morning when I wake up, it make me need to soft reset EVERY MORNING. It's been so long and it never been solved. The most annoying part about soft reset of a Lumia is need to set the time and date again, don't know what's wrong with WP, the auto set time just useless, it dint change anything at all, they should learn from apple what call as auto set time. My iPad is like never soft reset before since I bought it, only need to like restart it maybe once a week or even once a month. EVERYDAY SOFT RESET VS EVERY WEEK RESTART.

Second, I have hard reset my Lumia 1520 for about three times in just half year, hard reset is just damn annoying and waste time. My iPad, never hard reset since I bought it and it still working so fine.

Third, the software update, IOS update all OS together at a time. My Lumia is still in wp8.1 update 1 dp black, it's been so long the cyan update has out and it still didn't out for dp user, they never really tell us that if they going to fix this problem or not.

Forth, when I started using WP, I have the problem of non stop complaining, but I almost never complain for my iPad because it really working very fine.

Fifth, still the apps problem, WP has a very large quality apps gaps with IOS.

The reason why I get my Lumia 1520 but not iPhone, I want to give WP a try, but it seems to be disappointed me. The only thing I love about my Lumia 1520 is its camera and the interface of WP.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad which I bought it two years ago and a Lumia 1520 which I bought it half year ago. Here I am going to talk about why IOS is much better and more stable OS than WP. Well, everything is subjective, unlike you, I found WP much more stable than iOS, but it really depends, neither of us has more than anecdotal evidence.

First, Lumia 1520 irresponsive screen problem which happen every morning when I wake up, it make me need to soft reset EVERY MORNING. That's a problem with the phone, my iPod touch's home button was flaky, doesn't mean its iOS's fault. Have you contacted support, it may be common or not, but its still not normal. It's been so long and it never been solved. The most annoying part about soft reset of a Lumia is need to set the time and date again, don't know what's wrong with WP, the auto set time just useless, it dint change anything at all, they should learn from apple what call as auto set time. Huh that's not right, I dont think its the norm though? My iPad is like never soft reset before since I bought it, only need to like restart it maybe once a week or even once a month. EVERYDAY SOFT RESET VS EVERY WEEK RESTART.
I must admit, Apple does a terrific job keeping their devices going with long run times. I had a friend's Macbook go a month without a reboot.
I only do it once a week or two, even then its just a habit. (i could probably not do it for longer)

Odd relevant anecdote. I have an aging Vista-era laptop and a new tablet, both with Windows 8.1. My laptop acts up after a day of no-restart (I suspect hardware), yet the tablet can go days with no issues. (haven't pushed it)

Second, I have hard reset my Lumia 1520 for about three times in just half year, hard reset is just damn annoying and waste time. My iPad, never hard reset since I bought it and it still working so fine. Why are you hard resetting? I've chosen to hard reset my iPod touch over five times when I had it, didn't mean I had any issues with iOS.

Third, the software update, IOS update all OS together at a time. My Lumia is still in wp8.1 update 1 dp black, it's been so long the cyan update has out and it still didn't out for dp user, they never really tell us that if they going to fix this problem or not.
They said the fix was coming, and it was an odd one-time-bug. More transparency would be nice.
Apple does not offer an open beta/preview program, but on the flip side, they somehow fended off the grubby hands of the carriers.

sigh, still a pain regardless. ugh.

Forth, when I started using WP, I have the problem of non stop complaining, but I almost never complain for my iPad because it really working very fine.
Maybe this phone just isn't for you? I take it its you complaining, not the phone.

Fifth, still the apps problem, WP has a very large quality apps gaps with IOS.

The reason why I get my Lumia 1520 but not iPhone, I want to give WP a try, but it seems to be disappointed me. The only thing I love about my Lumia 1520 is its camera and the interface of WP.

My thoughts in bold above.
I think an iPhone would make you happier, it'll work even better with your iPad as well.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The most annoying part about soft reset of a Lumia is need to set the time and date again, don't know what's wrong with WP, the auto set time just useless, it dint change anything at all, they should learn from apple what call as auto set time.

Well, you're not alone in this. My Lumia 520 did the same thing. It's actually the only WP that's ever done that though. Strange.

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been using a Lumia 525 for a year now. I never NEVER had to hard reset the phone. I install tons of apps and games, i have quite a lot of songs and videos and photos. So, you can see, it's a "busy" phone. But it never made me hard reset.

I had to soft reset it quite often before WP 8.1. But that too was once every 10 days. These days (since WP8.1 update 1), it's become more stable.

Apple makes their own devices and their own OS. So it's up to them when they're gonna make it available, thus the gap between announcement and release is minimal. Windows phone updates are available instantly as well - from Microsoft. It's called a "preview" but it's all there. Official updates from OEMs and carriers are something MS can't help.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experienced the issue with rebooting on my 920. Or my Titan 2, or HD7, I do agree about the app gap. It's real and the only reason why I haven't gone back. I also agree about updates, my Titan 2 still never got 7.8 :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaw1234567

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
its obviously defective, tell me you have contacted support. if its under warranty im sure support will do something.

i say that because im surprised how many people try to live with an obviously malfunctioning phone and assume its normal.

My thoughts in bold above.
I think an iPhone would make you happier, it'll work even better with your iPad as well.
Yea . But I am broke after getting this, need to start keep money and if WP doesn't improve, I sure go for iPhone for my next phone.

Well, you're not alone in this. My Lumia 520 did the same thing. It's actually the only WP that's ever done that though. Strange.

Still the same as the old Nokia which when you took out the battery and put it back, you need to set the time.... They never change since so long ago... ==

I have been using a Lumia 525 for a year now. I never NEVER had to hard reset the phone. I install tons of apps and games, i have quite a lot of songs and videos and photos. So, you can see, it's a "busy" phone. But it never made me hard reset.

I had to soft reset it quite often before WP 8.1. But that too was once every 10 days. These days (since WP8.1 update 1), it's become more stable.

Apple makes their own devices and their own OS. So it's up to them when they're gonna make it available, thus the gap between announcement and release is minimal. Windows phone updates are available instantly as well - from Microsoft. It's called a "preview" but it's all there. Official updates from OEMs and carriers are something MS can't help.

This mean their flagship phone are worse than their entry phone.. Haha.. I don't really play game on my phone since I have an iPad, my phone just for photo and internet.
The preview which make you faster than others a while and slower other later when firmware update like cyan update for dp...

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think you just have a defective unit.
I have never had the need to hard reset my phone, soft reset only twice. I can't comment on the iOS because all I have is an iPad 2 which I use only now and then (it's slow. That annoys me, every iteration of the OS has made it slower, unlike WP where every iteration has made it faster and stable... that's what I feel at least)

Anyways, I guess the phone is just not for you. It's a matter of taste. I think iOS is cute, but I don't like iPhone and TBH, were not for the fact that my iPad was a gift from my mother, I would sell it and buy a Windows tablet with full Windows 8.1.

The iPhone is just not for me and that does not make iOS a bad OS. just like WPOS is not bad just because is not for you and you have a defective hardware.

That's what I think at least. Maybe you can trade it with someone else for a 5s?

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
All I know is that I just upgraded to IOS 8 and its more jittery than before. Every update update it gets worse and worse. My WP has been far from perfect but this update just reminded me nothing is perfect

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
All I know is that I just upgraded to IOS 8 and its more jittery than before. Every update update it gets worse and worse. My WP has been far from perfect but this update just reminded me nothing is perfect

Some of the apps that haven't been updated to iOS 8 are buggy, some like 3- 4 of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99