11-18-2014 12:46 PM
69 123
tools
    I don't believe that, I think it's due to a weak processor. The s4.
    the S4 is not at all weak,its a krait dual core which beats most quad cores and coupled with wp,its even better
    11-13-2014 01:14 AM
    @ op sigh sigh sigh
    ios and wp dont need high specs to get things right,its only android where specs=performance
    you can buy a L520 and still get excellent performance
    11-13-2014 01:15 AM
    In real life performance, the iPhone 6 beats the 1520. Those devs optimize their apps so they run perfectly on ios devices. Thats why asphalt 8 runs better on ios than on won. Specs, aren't everything.
    11-13-2014 01:30 AM
    In real life performance, the iPhone 6 beats the 1520. Those devs optimize their apps so they run perfectly on ios devices. Thats why asphalt 8 runs better on ios than on won. Specs, aren't everything.
    i agree except the real world arguement is only for certain apps
    otherwise alot of stuff such as the fb app are better on my 720 than on my ipad
    anon(9174535) likes this.
    11-13-2014 03:30 AM
    And what iPad do you have?
    11-13-2014 02:12 PM
    And what iPad do you have?
    ipad 4
    11-14-2014 03:44 AM
    I don't believe that, I think it's due to a weak processor. The s4.

IPhones still have dual core processors(atleast weaker than WPs quad core). Still they run apps & games better. All that matters most is optimization. Everything is too much optimized for ios, not for WP
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-14-2014 06:58 AM
    IPhones still have dual core processors(atleast weaker than WPs quad core). Still they run apps & games better. All that matters most is optimization. Everything is too much optimized for ios, not for WP
    IPhone dual core processor are way to powerful than quad core lumias because of their powerful gpu n 20nm architecture
    There Is no point apple releasing iPhone with weaker hardware than competition
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-14-2014 07:05 AM
    IPhone dual core processor are way to powerful than quad core lumias because of their powerful gpu n 20nm architecture
    There Is no point apple releasing iPhone with weaker hardware than competition

That might be true, but iPhones live on the sole word "optimization". Again iPhones still have same old specs from years!
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-14-2014 07:11 AM
    At the end of the day,IOS is superior,in sales,user base,app count,app quality ( like all the app ms has developed for IOS) is far more superior to WP apps .
    11-14-2014 07:25 AM
    With the tombstone method of multitasking that WP does, I honestly would rather have two higher powered cores than 4-8 "efficient" ones.
    11-14-2014 07:55 AM
    At the end of the day,IOS is superior,in sales,user base,app count,app quality ( like all the app ms has developed for IOS) is far more superior to WP apps .

I would just say app quality that's it. Not everyone can afford a high end phone. Here you could easily buy a brand new bike for the price of an iPhone 6(16 Gb model) & still be left out with more than 10% money spare.
    As far as user base goes, iPhone's market share is decreasing & that would continue.
    11-14-2014 12:24 PM
    I would just say app quality that's it. Not everyone can afford a high end phone. Here you could easily buy a brand new bike for the price of an iPhone 6(16 Gb model) & still be left out with more than 10% money spare.
    As far as user base goes, iPhone's market share is decreasing & that would continue.
    forget that you can buy a lumia 830 + an ipad 32gb instead of a massively priced iphone and still have money left over for a honda activa :D
    anon(9174535) likes this.
    11-14-2014 02:39 PM
    forget that you can buy a lumia 830 + an ipad 32gb instead of a massively priced iphone and still have money left over for a honda activa :D

Yep, when iPhone 8/9 arrives at that time you could easily own a Tata Nano & still you would be having enough money to atleast buy a higher mid ranged phone.
    11-14-2014 10:18 PM
    That might be true, but iPhones live on the sole word "optimization". Again iPhones still have same old specs from years!
    Again, misinformed people everywhere.

Apple doesn't use old specs. The dual core processor beats most phones out there and this is because their Cyclone architecture beats the big.LITTLE configuration of the quad core Snapdragon devices.

Add to that that the Apple A8 chip is manufactured on a 20nm process so it also heats up way less than Snapdragon 800, so no thermal throttling.

It's not old specs, it's actually some of the most advanced specifications out there now. But no one seems to understand that.
    11-16-2014 04:06 AM
    Why have people gotten their expectations so high? If 1GB of RAM works fine why do you need to add an extra gigabyte?

You should instead push software makers to improve the experience on existing low memory devices, instead of always going for more and better. Even Android started optimizing itself for lower memory devices!

No lawyers are part of this equation, in Basemark OS II the iPhone 5S scored higher for graphics than the 1520 and since the new iPhone 6's GPU is around 50% faster it's only logical that it also beats the 1520.

So clearly this benchmark is flawed, it even places the 1520 above the more powerful Xperia Z2 for gods sakes!
    Listen to what you are saying 1520 icon 930 only have 2 gb for reason ....u know big compagnies have ready plans for atleast 2 years microsoft its not that stupid to roll out devices with 2 gb for nothing & the new plans like denim & background proccessing make that extra 1 gb very useful..!!btw that feature of denim its raw shooting editing like dynamic flash & etc cuz its impossible to reedit already compressed jpeg pic i read that once in photography blog
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-16-2014 04:53 AM
    Odd how on the Lumia 720 the app performs better than the iPad 4.

I compared low end performance between an original iPad Mini and Lumia 530, here's an image of them together:

1416136153053.jpg

I found that the iPad, despite having inferior hardware, beat the 530 in just about everything.

Especially the Facebook app, where if I swiped left or right it would reload the whole damn tabs but on iOS is was smooth as butter.

Windows Phone isn't nearly as smooth as everyone had me here believe.
    11-16-2014 05:11 AM

I compared low end performance between an original iPad Mini and Lumia 530, here's an image of them together:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1416136153053.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	87883

I found that the iPad, despite having inferior hardware, beat the 530 in just about everything.

Especially the Facebook app, where if I swiped left or right it would reload the whole damn tabs but on iOS is was smooth as butter.

Be real man. You are comparing the lowest of the low of Windows phones to a high end iPad obviously the iPad is faster. Windows phone is smooth but it won't work miracles. If you used something with a sd 400 and 1gb ram, I would agree with this is too much. What did you expect to happen?
    Karthik Naik and thesachd like this.
    11-16-2014 05:30 AM
    Be real man. You are comparing the lowest of the low of Windows phones to a high end iPad obviously the iPad is faster. Windows phone is smooth but it won't work miracles. If you used something with a sd 400 and 1gb ram, I would agree with this is too much. What did you expect to happen?
    I didn't mean to compare bro.

Just that Karthik said that his 720 performed better than his iPad 4. I was wondering how that was even possible.

Btw everyone here thinks specs are everything so I also wanted to prove them wrong.

They think that more cores = more future proof/powerful
    11-16-2014 05:32 AM
    Again, misinformed people everywhere.

Apple doesn't use old specs. The dual core processor beats most phones out there and this is because their Cyclone architecture beats the big.LITTLE configuration of the quad core Snapdragon devices.

Add to that that the Apple A8 chip is manufactured on a 20nm process so it also heats up way less than Snapdragon 800, so no thermal throttling.

It's not old specs, it's actually some of the most advanced specifications out there now. But no one seems to understand that.
    yeah right thats why an iphone 2G still beats 70% of android handsets with "superior specs" than the iphone 2G
    lol you cant give credit where due can you, windows phone and ios have better battery life and optimisation
    accept this and move on,android is not some "ohsoperfect" OS,it has its own flaws and so do WP and ios
    11-16-2014 12:21 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1416136153053.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	87883

you obviously took me for a wp fanboy and an ios hater
    well guess what you can call me a WP,BB10,ios fanboy and an android hater(with good reason)
    the stuff you just posted proves you havent used a WP/ios device
    11-16-2014 12:23 PM
    I didn't mean to compare bro.

Just that Karthik said that his 720 performed better than his iPad 4. I was wondering how that was even possible.

Btw everyone here thinks specs are everything so I also wanted to prove them wrong.

They think that more cores = more future proof/powerful
    sadly i doubt you own any non-androids otherwise you wouldnt post nonsense like this and mislead others
    11-16-2014 12:24 PM
    yeah right thats why an iphone 2G still beats 70% of android handsets with "superior specs" than the iphone 2G
    lol you cant give credit where due can you, windows phone and ios have better battery life and optimisation
    accept this and move on,android is not some "ohsoperfect" OS,it has its own flaws and so do WP and ios
    In my statement, there wasn't ONE not even ONE mention of Android.

But somehow you always manage to drag in a topic that has no relevance to what is being discussed.
    11-16-2014 01:39 PM
    In my statement, there wasn't ONE not even ONE mention of Android.

But somehow you always manage to drag in a topic that has no relevance to what is being discussed.
    android is the best example for this-poor optimisation and battery life
    11-16-2014 01:45 PM
    also the ipad 1 was very very untrue example
    ipad 1 was the worst ipad yet because it was the only slow ios product
    so its most def not faster than L530
    11-16-2014 01:47 PM
69 123