The iPhone 6 still have dual core... 1520 still superior

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
http://m.windowscentral.com/benchmark-lumia-1520-and-iphone-5s-win

Actually it wasn't just a processor test, it also tested graphics and the 5S won.

Considering that the iPhone 6 has a 50% faster GPU it is only logical that it beats the 1520.

Plus if you we're to go in to this issue a bit more in-depth, let's just assume that a 1520 won by a small margin in all benchmarks(though in reality it hasn't), the benchmarks would be inaccurate because a 1520 can maintain it's maximum clock frequency for a few minutes, whereas an iPhone 6 according to AnandTech shows no sign of thermal throttling a after a few minutes.

Seriously it's not that hard to understand.

Yes, that's another issue. What's the point of even getting millions of more points in benchmarks when in the end WP will still have the same low quality and unoptimized games.

I'm not saying all of them are unoptimized or laggy, but compare them to the iOS alternatives.

See I am saying this again I already know iPhone 5s beat 1520. But the processor test is totally different, as far as graphics are concerned, 1520 has a lot better resolution(more ppi). As far as games are concerned I know iPhones have better graphics, but you should also understand that the game developers do not pay attention to WP, so you can't blame it.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
See I am saying this again I already know iPhone 5s beat 1520. But the processor test is totally different, as far as graphics are concerned, 1520 has a lot better resolution(more ppi). As far as games are concerned I know iPhones have better graphics, but you should also understand that the game developers do not pay attention to WP, so you can't blame it.

Resolution doesn't have a whole lot to to with graphics quality, yes higher resolution means that a phone has to move around more pixels resulting in lower benchmark scores.

A more direct competitor for the 1520 would be the iPhone 6 Plus because it powers a 1080p panel, but as far as things go right now the iPhone 6 does beat the 1520 in benchmarks and pretty sure in real time as well.

Apart from just developers, iOS has worked on improving the graphics quality of their games with the new "Metal" engine, Android is doing a similar thing in L, but no such announcements have been made for any progress in Windows 10 for Phone.

I'm just saying that you can't completely blame developers.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
So its about optimization?
Wait no its only which has higher specs. Wait even if its faster it doesn't matter. But the iPhone chip is more "powerful"
WOW!
Youre really all over the place. We get it you're an apple fan boy and the thought of the iPhone not being superior in every way keeps you up at night.
But here's a thought. Try to figure out what you're trying to say before you type it. And if you want to argue for these contradictory positions, try using one per thread so you don't look as dum and desperate.

"Dum"? ....the irony.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
@ op sigh sigh sigh
ios and wp dont need high specs to get things right,its only android where specs=performance
you can buy a L520 and still get excellent performance

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
In real life performance, the iPhone 6 beats the 1520. Those devs optimize their apps so they run perfectly on ios devices. Thats why asphalt 8 runs better on ios than on won. Specs, aren't everything.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
In real life performance, the iPhone 6 beats the 1520. Those devs optimize their apps so they run perfectly on ios devices. Thats why asphalt 8 runs better on ios than on won. Specs, aren't everything.

i agree except the real world arguement is only for certain apps
otherwise alot of stuff such as the fb app are better on my 720 than on my ipad

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe that, I think it's due to a weak processor. The s4.

IPhones still have dual core processors(atleast weaker than WPs quad core). Still they run apps & games better. All that matters most is optimization. Everything is too much optimized for ios, not for WP

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
IPhones still have dual core processors(atleast weaker than WPs quad core). Still they run apps & games better. All that matters most is optimization. Everything is too much optimized for ios, not for WP

IPhone dual core processor are way to powerful than quad core lumias because of their powerful gpu n 20nm architecture
There Is no point apple releasing iPhone with weaker hardware than competition

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
IPhone dual core processor are way to powerful than quad core lumias because of their powerful gpu n 20nm architecture
There Is no point apple releasing iPhone with weaker hardware than competition

That might be true, but iPhones live on the sole word "optimization". Again iPhones still have same old specs from years!

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
At the end of the day,IOS is superior,in sales,user base,app count,app quality ( like all the app ms has developed for IOS) is far more superior to WP apps .

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
At the end of the day,IOS is superior,in sales,user base,app count,app quality ( like all the app ms has developed for IOS) is far more superior to WP apps .

I would just say app quality that's it. Not everyone can afford a high end phone. Here you could easily buy a brand new bike for the price of an iPhone 6(16 Gb model) & still be left out with more than 10% money spare.
As far as user base goes, iPhone's market share is decreasing & that would continue.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I would just say app quality that's it. Not everyone can afford a high end phone. Here you could easily buy a brand new bike for the price of an iPhone 6(16 Gb model) & still be left out with more than 10% money spare.
As far as user base goes, iPhone's market share is decreasing & that would continue.

forget that you can buy a lumia 830 + an ipad 32gb instead of a massively priced iphone and still have money left over for a honda activa :D

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
forget that you can buy a lumia 830 + an ipad 32gb instead of a massively priced iphone and still have money left over for a honda activa :D

Yep, when iPhone 8/9 arrives at that time you could easily own a Tata Nano & still you would be having enough money to atleast buy a higher mid ranged phone.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
That might be true, but iPhones live on the sole word "optimization". Again iPhones still have same old specs from years!

Again, misinformed people everywhere.

Apple doesn't use old specs. The dual core processor beats most phones out there and this is because their Cyclone architecture beats the big.LITTLE configuration of the quad core Snapdragon devices.

Add to that that the Apple A8 chip is manufactured on a 20nm process so it also heats up way less than Snapdragon 800, so no thermal throttling.

It's not old specs, it's actually some of the most advanced specifications out there now. But no one seems to understand that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos