The iPhone 6 still have dual core... 1520 still superior

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I've used a Z10, and it's an alright device nothing too special.

By the way about the garbage collection Android 5.0 does improve on garbage collection and I've been using the final build for quite some time now, any small stutters that you would occasionally find are gone except in some unoptimised applications.

And it's not like Apple hasn't moved to higher gigabytes of RAM, it has the iPads come with 2GB.

Also talking about the intended topic, which is Windows Phone, Windows Phone also has phones with 2GB of RAM that still show a "resuming" issue every now and then, how do you explain optimisation then?

like ive said before,i dont think you own an ipad or a Z10 or a 720 and are assuming off the internet
BB10 is very very similiar to android L,its an excellent handset and shows what optimisation can do to a device
its smoother than android and has better battery life
you obviously dont seem to get that android isnt optimised properly which is why it needs higher specs to run and is a resource hog
2gb devices have resuming screen????? my 1gb 820 doesnt have resuming screen at all,720 has it but its not slow,only 3-4 secs

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Honestly fatclue, no OS will run best on weak hardware.

Windows Phone, Android and iOS flagships may have different types of architecture and core counts but they are on par with performance.

I would be impressed if some OS ran extremely smooth on the latest version of Android, iOS or Windows Phone with a single core processor but it's not possible.

All OSes are power hungry, but to varying degrees and depending on what they can do with all the horsepower..

not really
theres a reason android always comes in the limelight for such things and not other operating systems

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Honestly fatclue, no OS will run best on weak hardware.

Windows Phone, Android and iOS flagships may have different types of architecture and core counts but they are on par with performance.

I would be impressed if some OS ran extremely smooth on the latest version of Android, iOS or Windows Phone with a single core processor but it's not possible.

All OSes are power hungry, but to varying degrees and depending on what they can do with all the horsepower..

You misread my post. Now that there are some WP devices with quad-core CPUs, it's ok to talk smack about other devices that "only" run dual-cores. Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You misread my post. Now that there are some WP devices with quad-core CPUs, it's ok to talk smack about other devices that "only" run dual-cores. Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

frankly windows phone may not need the extra power of quad core for most things right now but itll make it future proof for games and intensive apps etc
it is a lighter os than android for sure

tanya shah1

Banned
Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
exactly i moved from a shamesung note 3 to 1520 and love it
my note 3 was a huuge mistake i fell for the gimmicky features ,but it was very slow and battery life was very bad
my ex installed cyanogenmod on it etc but still bad
in the end im happier with my ipad mini 2 and a 1520 than a note 3

tanya shah1

Banned
Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Odd how on the Lumia 720 the app performs better than the iPad 4.

I compared low end performance between an original iPad Mini and Lumia 530, here's an image of them together:

View attachment 87883

I found that the iPad, despite having inferior hardware, beat the 530 in just about everything.

Especially the Facebook app, where if I swiped left or right it would reload the whole damn tabs but on iOS is was smooth as butter.

Windows Phone isn't nearly as smooth as everyone had me here believe.

i dont have much technical knowledge but the Lumia 520(i sold it along with my note 3 and got a Lumia 1520 last month) was certainly faster than my ipad 1 which i sold to buy the ipad mini

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Using an iPhone 6+ now and honestly I don't really see the difference in speed or have any issues with it using dual core. It performs things quite fast without that annoying resuming aspect that my 1520 is known to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tanya shah1

Banned
Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Using an iPhone 6+ now and honestly I don't really see the difference in speed or have any issues with it using dual core. It performs things quite fast without that annoying resuming aspect that my 1520 is known to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i found that my 1520 had alot of resuming screens initially until i backed everything up and formatted the sd card and copied everything back along with apps etc
now its very smooth

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes