08-05-2015 11:45 PM
43 12
tools
    [WARN]Let's start over and keep this thread on topic.[/WARN]
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-23-2014 12:53 AM
    The difference is not that big.

In main land of Europe: Lumia 735 Euro 219, Moto G Euro 185.
    So a Lumia 735 and even the launch price.
    Any normal user can see they get the better deal with a Lumia 735.

Also in the mid range price is NOT the first priority. In mid range the actual specs mean more. Including camera.
    In the low range price is first priority.

For me, personally, a Moto is not even an option.
    I love Microsoft giving us a great phone for just over 200 euros. I even forgive them for skipping on glance.
    Normally I shop for Euro 300-400 phones. Now I can buy one for just over 200 euros. Just think about it: such a great phone we can buy in 2014 for so little money.
    09-23-2014 05:24 PM
    The first question you should be asking yourself is - Do I want a Windows Phone or an Android one?

The specs are irrelevant until you decide that.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    09-27-2014 08:24 AM
    The first question you should be asking yourself is - Do I want a Windows Phone or an Android one?

The specs are irrelevant until you decide that.

Well i am using Windows Phone now i think i need to upgrade my phone(Lumia 520) as it has only 512mb RAM which is quite inefficient for me. :)
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    09-27-2014 10:43 AM
    Well i am using Windows Phone now i think i need to upgrade my phone(Lumia 520) as it has only 512mb RAM which is quite inefficient for me. :)
    Why insufficient?

Do you play a lot of games that require 1gb? If not, then in WP 512mb is normally fine to run smoothly.

But if you really want a phone with 1gb I still think you need to decide if you still like WP or wanna try Android.

If your happy with WP, then the new 730 seems like a winner. I also wouldn't forget about older models as well- Some are still very good and relevant phones. Take the Lumia 920, for example. You could probably find one for the same price as the 730.

The Moto G is a great phone if you want Android. It will also be kept current with the latest versions of Android more so than other brands given Google owned Moto when the G was first released.

I'd say either phone is a winner. Just depends on the OS you want. Good luck!

Last edited by jefbeard911; 09-28-2014 at 02:34 AM.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-27-2014 10:26 PM
    Why insufficient?

Do you play a lot of games that require 1gb? If not, then in WP 512mb is normally fine to run smoothly.

But if you really want a phone with 1gb I still think you need to decide if you still like WP or wanna try Android.

If your happy with WP, then the new 730 seems like a winner. I also wouldn't forget about older models as well- Some are still very good and relevant phones. Take the Lumia 920, for example. You could probably find one for the same price as the 730.

The Moto G is a great phone if you want Android. It will also be kept current with the latest versions of Android more so than other brands given Google owned Moto when the G was first released.

I'd say either phone is a winner. Just depends on the OS you want. Good luck!

I would say I am doing 50/50 with happiness by using a Windows phone and yes I am quite into gaming stuff so I need some extra performance.
    For Android,Yes they have very better collection of games and apps than windowsphone(still catching up),but android apps/game can't be installed on SDCard(some third party apps can move but data is stored in phone memory itself.) as per 4.4.x version!
    You yourself is an Android user tell me if there is any advantages using apps/games without having any crashes or lagg issues?!?

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Windows
    colinkiama and prasath1234 like this.
    09-28-2014 08:55 AM
    I would say I am doing 50/50 with happiness by using a Windows phone and yes I am quite into gaming stuff so I need some extra performance.
    For Android,Yes they have very better collection of games and apps than windowsphone(still catching up),but android apps/game can't be installed on SDCard(some third party apps can move but data is stored in phone memory itself.) as per 4.4.x version!
    You yourself is an Android user tell me if there is any advantages using apps/games without having any crashes or lagg issues?!?

Both phones have similar specs so it's all a matter of, do you want a windows phone or an android?
    09-28-2014 03:11 PM

Well, to be honest, although I am/was an Android user, I was never really into games. My experience with Android is that it's a resource hog - you need a relatively high spec'd phone to preform well. With WP as long as you have 1gb ram, most of the phones run games well.

But that is changing with a lot more inexpensive Android phones that are pretty well spec'd. I think the Moto G will serve you well. Keep in mind that there is a second generation Moto G out now. While the 1st is great, the 2nd is better.

If you stick with WP, you may want to look for one that has 1gb of ram if gaming is important to you. Many games have been redone to run on 512mb though. You may want to search the Windows Phone marketplace for the games you want and see what their requirements are.

09-29-2014 08:29 AM
    Apart from WP or Android

I think price is the main factor which will decide.
    If Lumia 730 cost upto $250 then would be a great deal but according rumor it would cost around $300.

Moto G available at 2 cost $179 & $200.(which is also a great deal)
    09-29-2014 11:56 PM
    Yep,I'm agreed Moto G(Gen1 & Gen2) has a great price bracket worldwide.
    And Lumia 730 will launch today in my country(INDIA) followed by Lumia 830 and maybe Lumia 930 as well(not sure).
    I'm crossing my fingers that it should be less than or just 15k INR.
    10-01-2014 12:03 AM
    Lumia 730 priced at 15299 great pricing by Ms.lumia 830 28399 worst pricing by MS.if you are in budget to for lumia 730 .
    From Windows phone
    10-01-2014 03:36 AM
    Apart from WP or Android

I think price is the main factor which will decide.
    If Lumia 730 cost upto $250 then would be a great deal but according rumor it would cost around $300.

Moto G available at 2 cost $179 & $200.(which is also a great deal)
    not really in most countries its nearly the same price just $15 difference
    10-02-2014 10:50 AM
    Lumia 730 already launched here at a price of around $240. So its gonna be a hit...
    10-03-2014 04:04 AM
    Youre asking a windows forum which is best, windows or android.

you will get one answer (mainly).

Having an 820 for 2 years, im switching back to Android. Windows hasn't done anything particularly wrong, Im just more into 'messing' with the phone, installing apps from unknown sources and getting support for apps i cant ge ton windows (or dont update in years).and so on. Windows phone always worked, however the phone is heavy and hit the floor hard (requiring a repair).
    Another reason - TomTom. Not out on windows phone and neve rlikely to either at 2% of the market.

Off to get a Moto G gen2 (dont bother with the 1st gen, the camera is ****e) or LG G2 (no point with the g3), I can have my tomtom, ditch the crud routing and voice of the Drive app,get back reviews of pubs/places to eat when im in a new city (bing city lense is rubbish) and install all the free apps that actually work properly.

May come back to WP, but i have no preference any longer in either, Windows phone just works.. which if you log into a forum probably means it wont do much for your ability to 'mess' about with it. I wholeheartedly intend to flash custom roms etc. all in the name of being a techy.

The missus? She may have another windows phone, OR go android so her fitness apps/bands work with it. she couldnt give a crap what it runs, however the lack of backup to the cloud meant i lost all her contacts ,which royally p*ssed her off. In android i woul dhave made many backups with different apps - Windows you setup backupst on start of the phone, with a live account, of which she didn't have at the time and so, no backup.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    02-06-2015 08:11 AM
    Youre asking a windows forum which is best, windows or android.

you will get one answer (mainly).

er wia forum probably means it wont do
    Your reason to go to android are very clear to me and make sense.

Best of luck
    02-06-2015 08:19 AM
    I look it like this I have a 1320 (previously had a galaxy nexus nearly the same specs) had it for about a year now and it runs great freezes now and then but meh nothing is prefect I play games take photos and use my phone alot id be considered a heavy user my 1320 for what is a midrange phone is fantastic.

My brother has a Samsung S4 double the ram double processor speed( or close enough ) double the price.
    It lags all androids within 12-18months start to lag ALOT I don't know why but after three androids ive owned doing and everyone I know who has an android they lag.

Stay with WP I won't be leaving 😊
    I'm guessing androids have a built in redundancy in the software to force the 12-24month phone life cycle but just a thought.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    02-06-2015 08:37 AM
    I don't know about the Moto G but the Moto E 2nd Gen is the worst smart phone I've ever owned. Can't wait to move back to Windows Phone once a Windows 10 flag ship is released.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    adkrish22290 and prasath1234 like this.
    05-09-2015 07:54 AM
    I am in a position to speak on both the phones and compare them as I have bought the L730 for my mother and my best friend uses the Moto G2 and I have used them both.

Though I hate Lagdroid, the Moto G2 is not a bad phone as such. It's design is decent, has good specs for its price, such as 16 GB internal storage and unlike the Moto G1, microSD cards of upto 32 GB can be used. Camera is also pretty good too. However, there are so many issues with the G2 such as poor battery life (despite the 2070mAh battery), lag issues common in all Lagdroids and heating problems. My friend, after using the phone for a few months, is now wondering what is the hype around the Moto G.

The L730 has slightly inferior specs for a higher price (unlike the Moto G, it only has 8 GB internal storage, a 6.7 MP rear cam and no earphones and USB cable are provided free with the phone). But its a really awesome phone otherwise with a cool design, amazing front cam, stupendous battery life, no heating issues and providing a stupendous lag-free user experience thanks to WP 8.1.1. You can also use microSD cards of upto 128 GB in this phone. And WP is so user-friendly that my mother, who is not accustomed to the latest technology and has only basic knowledge of computers and smartphones, finds it very easy to navigate through and use the OS.

So bottom line is, the L730 is the best. The Moto G2 may not be a bad phone spec-wise, but I feel its overrated, knowing fully about my friend's user experience.
    08-05-2015 11:45 PM
43 12