Nokia Lumia 730 vs Moto G(Gen 2)?

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey WPfans,
I need a better suggestion about these two phones?
Has anybody done the comparison between these two phones(NL730,Moto G(gen2))?
Please Help!:straight:

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I guess do you mean second gen (U.S. - mid 2013) or the second gen I see mentioned by the rest of the world (2014)?

Second gen U.S. (mid-2013) is nearly a slam dunk - all the greatness of the first gen, but with microSD storage and LTE. It also comes in black or white, which looks very nice.

The 2014 model is not as impressive of a device, but priced quite impressively. It is the same as the first gen, but larger with marginally better cameras. However, the battery is also the same, so battery performance is probably the same or worse than the first gen. Also, the 2014 model does not have LTE, but HSPA+, if that's a concern for you. However, the 2014 model is priced cheaper than the LTE version ($20).

It's really up to you and what you're looking for. If you like Android, the Moto G is probably going to be great for you. It has some advantages like water resistance over the 730, but the 730 probably will have better camera performance. The 735, if available in your region, will have LTE. As someone who is OS-agnostic and solely looking for the best bang for my buck around ~$200 USD for a new phone, my three choices are:

1) Moto G with LTE
2) Nokia Lumia 735
3) Blu Win HD

I'm equally tempted by each of those models, but I need to see a release date and price for the Lumia and Win HD. The Moto G is already out there waiting.

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Specs are pretty close so you got to figure the 730 will perform better. Moto G will have slightly larger screen and better app selection though.

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
i went thru few public reviews.. moto g1 was better than g2. bcz though screen size is more, battery n resolution r same.. so battery life is not so good in moto g2. 2070 mah. l730 its 2220 mah

bhummer

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 730 will have better performance and will be priced higher than moto g2. moto g2 will have better selection of apps and is priced very low for its specs. currently the biggest difference is that motorola released the phone 1 day after announcement and hence is available in market, where as nokia has not even confirmed the dates when the phone will be available market.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 730 is better. We all know that Android after some point starts lagging. Also the camera of 730 has better low light capabilities. Also don't forget the front camera. Only advantage of 2nd gen Moto g is that its available at a good price, that's it, nothin spectacular.

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
i went thru few public reviews.. moto g1 was better than g2. bcz though screen size is more, battery n resolution r same.. so battery life is not so good in moto g2. 2070 mah. l730 its 2220 mah

Yeah,also the resolution is tweaked in moto g(gen2) i.e pixel per density(PPI) is reduced as per the gen1 which has slightly more PPI. But Sdcard covers the whole thing. Still Confused?

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
L730 launched ?
So how do you expect comparison.

Anyway Moto g is going to win because less price and almost similar specs.

harisyousaf

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
L730 launched ?

Haha.. You know the apertus of 730 cam is f/1.9 .. Bigger than any mobile.. 5mp front cam.. 128 gb sd card supported.. 316 ppi, 2220 mah battery.. Latest oled display,

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
L730 launched ?

Its not about the price i would say...
Moto G has larger 5" screen than Nokia Lumia 730's 4.7 inches but Nokia Lumia 730 has clearblack display with 316 PPI rather than MOTO G's 294 PPI
Nokia Lumia 730 has 6.7mp rear cam with 1/3.4 sensor size while MOTO G2 has 8mp cam(Mid-Range Androids has buggy and not so focused cam clearity) also Nokia Lumia wins with its 5mp front facing camera aka Selfie Camera than MOTO G2's 2mp front camera.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
At the end, its upto you what to buy. Many people are waiting for 730 & I think they wont regret it. Its a good mid ranged phone.

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Both phones belong to different platforms so comparing it would be like comparing an apple to an orange.But if u ask me.. i would definitely go with the Nokia Lumia 730 even if its priced slightly higher than Moto G 2nd Gen. Reason being WP ecosystem.. and the solid built quality making the phone durable ...So its up to you to decide whether you want to go for Android or WP8.1.Good Luck :angel:

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Its not about the price i would say...
Moto G has larger 5" screen than Nokia Lumia 730's 4.7 inches but Nokia Lumia 730 has clearblack display with 316 PPI rather than MOTO G's 294 PPI
Nokia Lumia 730 has 6.7mp rear cam with 1/3.4 sensor size while MOTO G2 has 8mp cam(Mid-Range Androids has buggy and not so focused cam clearity) also Nokia Lumia wins with its 5mp front facing camera aka Selfie Camera than MOTO G2's 2mp front camera.

First of all 294ppi vs 316ppi is almost negligible.
No human eye can notice difference in that.
Second most people priority isn't camera but price certainly is.(specially in this range)

Since Moto focus most important aspect of mid-range, at the end of the day it will going to win.
You don't have believe me now.

Just wait & see the sales figure.
You will understand that price is the most crucial aspect of all.

Last thing Moto quality isn't bad. It's very good. One of my friend bought it & I have good experience with that phone.
My sis also looking to buy a new phone & she certainly going with Moto G.

harisyousaf

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Second most people priority isn't camera but price certainly is.(specially in this range)

Since Moto focus most important aspect of mid-range, at the end of the day it will going to win.

Last thing Moto quality isn't bad. It's very good. One of my friend bought it & I have good experience with that phone.

If you don't have money,go for Moto g.. I'm waiting for Lumia 730 release

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

Well for me Camera is important rear as well as front,I think we live in a selfie generation and pictures addiction is certainly growing. Lumia's camera has the best clearity and effects as my point of view(i use Lumia 520) and with PPI issue i think it matters to me most and i have seen and used Moto G(1st Gen & 2nd Gen) for 1 day...I can't even imagine to go back to laggy Android..though they have numerous apps in the store but apps or games had lag issue even for 1GB RAM(mid range phones). So i would stick to WindowsPhone❤

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Isn't games/apps lags are worst in case of WP.

It's more about value for money.

And as I said before Camera isn't a priority for everyone.

No, I've had my older Lumia 710 for around 2 years, apps & games are perfect, without any lag. Also it didn't lag even when there was 1 Mb phone memory remaining, same goes with my current 1320. It ran smoothly when it once had 760kb memory remaining

I know some apps lags /crashes, but that's due to poor app development. Android phones are more susceptible to viruses, so even if 2nd gen Moto g is cheaper, according to me 730 offers a good value for money

Gaurav Pareek

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 730 is slimmer, lighter, it got removable battery, more battery power than Moto G, NFC, and DLNA

Moto G got more internal memory (16GB), slightly bigger screen, and a better camera resolution..

I'd prefer L730... But I don't need Dual Sim, So L735

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Let me help you decide guys. L730 sd card up to 128gb. Moto G can you still move apps to sd after 4.4. 8.1 lets you install any app to sd unless the developers disables it. Only some social apps like Skype and Facebook. Even before 4.4 apps you could only save apps to sd which didn't use widgets. A lot of apps use widgets btw. Even if you did install an app to the sd, for most apps almost all the data was saved onto the phone. WP wins imo.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
i have many phones and tablets since i develop for all platforms and to answer the thread title....
i have a lumia 720 which i use as my main phone because of its extraordinary battery life,excellent camera and battery life which often out performs even my z10,lumia 820 and of course the nexus 5
the 730 is a minor upgrade overall and only lacks glance and capacitive keys which still makes it one of the best phones for the price in the market
moto g(2014) overheats like anything,has alot of hardware failures(2 of my friends phone got bricked recently and sent it back to moto,which being said moto has good service compared to samsung etc) and battery life is a joke,still for an android enthusiast or someone who needs alot of android stuff for a budget-its a decent phone on the whole
but id get the 730 anyday even if pricing may be a bit more because the camera and battery life itself blow everything out of the water and i have yet to find a match for it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss