Nokia Lumia 730 vs Moto G(Gen 2)?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Isn't games/apps lags are worst in case of WP.

If camera is a priority for every one.wp would have been having higher market share in India compared to androids.here in India nobody cares for camera or heck even lag.if they would want a phone to not lag nobody would have touched android I meant low or mid end android.people in India want a gud device in paper not real performance.sadly this wont change even in India.we Indians want bang for buck devices.

It's more about value for money.

And as I said before Camera isn't a priority for everyone.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Android is always trying to play catch up on optimization. My first one was 2.3, then I got 4.0 in kindle. 4.3 in s4 mini, and 4.4 in s4 mini. All they have in common... Lag. There's a reason we call 'em Lag-Droid.

Right now like all the other updates, everyone is talking about how Android L is going to be so much better. But really, they say that about every update and they still haven't been able to optimize it. Though I do think 4.4 is easily better than 4.3.

People also talk about stock Android. Well, look up iPad mini vs nexus 7 (2nd gen) and you'll see that even with 4 times more RAM, the iPad kills it. It's noticeably smoother than the nexus, running stock Android.

Anyways, to end my rant, if it's apps that you want, go Moto, if it's a smooth experience go Nokia.

I, myself am still debating on what to get, if anything. I'm torn between Kindle HD 6, iPod touch, BLU Win HD. I know, they're all different, but I want One. Heck, I may just get both a Kindle and the BLU. It's less than the iPod touch combined anyways 😊

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I, myself am still debating on what to get, if anything. I'm torn between Kindle HD 6, iPod touch, BLU Win HD. I know, they're all different, but I want One. Heck, I may just get both a Kindle and the BLU. It's less than the iPod touch combined anyways 😊

Get all the three if you can't decide😝

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
L730 launched at ?224.98 where as Moto G 2014 priced at ?144.99

?80 more.

Well WP fans definitely choose L730 but normal users , they will go with Moto G.

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The difference is not that big.

In main land of Europe: Lumia 735 Euro 219, Moto G Euro 185.
So a Lumia 735 and even the launch price.
Any normal user can see they get the better deal with a Lumia 735.

Also in the mid range price is NOT the first priority. In mid range the actual specs mean more. Including camera.
In the low range price is first priority.

For me, personally, a Moto is not even an option.
I love Microsoft giving us a great phone for just over 200 euros. I even forgive them for skipping on glance.
Normally I shop for Euro 300-400 phones. Now I can buy one for just over 200 euros. Just think about it: such a great phone we can buy in 2014 for so little money.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The first question you should be asking yourself is - Do I want a Windows Phone or an Android one?

The specs are irrelevant until you decide that.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
The first question you should be asking yourself is - Do I want a Windows Phone or an Android one?

The specs are irrelevant until you decide that.

Well i am using Windows Phone now i think i need to upgrade my phone(Lumia 520) as it has only 512mb RAM which is quite inefficient for me. :)

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Well i am using Windows Phone now i think i need to upgrade my phone(Lumia 520) as it has only 512mb RAM which is quite inefficient for me. :)

Why insufficient?

Do you play a lot of games that require 1gb? If not, then in WP 512mb is normally fine to run smoothly.

But if you really want a phone with 1gb I still think you need to decide if you still like WP or wanna try Android.

If your happy with WP, then the new 730 seems like a winner. I also wouldn't forget about older models as well- Some are still very good and relevant phones. Take the Lumia 920, for example. You could probably find one for the same price as the 730.

The Moto G is a great phone if you want Android. It will also be kept current with the latest versions of Android more so than other brands given Google owned Moto when the G was first released.

I'd say either phone is a winner. Just depends on the OS you want. Good luck!

Last edited:

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Why insufficient?

Do you play a lot of games that require 1gb? If not, then in WP 512mb is normally fine to run smoothly.

But if you really want a phone with 1gb I still think you need to decide if you still like WP or wanna try Android.

If your happy with WP, then the new 730 seems like a winner. I also wouldn't forget about older models as well- Some are still very good and relevant phones. Take the Lumia 920, for example. You could probably find one for the same price as the 730.

The Moto G is a great phone if you want Android. It will also be kept current with the latest versions of Android more so than other brands given Google owned Moto when the G was first released.

I'd say either phone is a winner. Just depends on the OS you want. Good luck!

I would say I am doing 50/50 with happiness by using a Windows phone and yes I am quite into gaming stuff so I need some extra performance.
For Android,Yes they have very better collection of games and apps than windowsphone(still catching up),but android apps/game can't be installed on SDCard(some third party apps can move but data is stored in phone memory itself.) as per 4.4.x version!
You yourself is an Android user tell me if there is any advantages using apps/games without having any crashes or lagg issues?!?

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Windows

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I would say I am doing 50/50 with happiness by using a Windows phone and yes I am quite into gaming stuff so I need some extra performance.
For Android,Yes they have very better collection of games and apps than windowsphone(still catching up),but android apps/game can't be installed on SDCard(some third party apps can move but data is stored in phone memory itself.) as per 4.4.x version!
You yourself is an Android user tell me if there is any advantages using apps/games without having any crashes or lagg issues?!?

Both phones have similar specs so it's all a matter of, do you want a windows phone or an android?

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site

Well, to be honest, although I am/was an Android user, I was never really into games. My experience with Android is that it's a resource hog - you need a relatively high spec'd phone to preform well. With WP as long as you have 1gb ram, most of the phones run games well.

But that is changing with a lot more inexpensive Android phones that are pretty well spec'd. I think the Moto G will serve you well. Keep in mind that there is a second generation Moto G out now. While the 1st is great, the 2nd is better.

If you stick with WP, you may want to look for one that has 1gb of ram if gaming is important to you. Many games have been redone to run on 512mb though. You may want to search the Windows Phone marketplace for the games you want and see what their requirements are.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Apart from WP or Android

I think price is the main factor which will decide.
If Lumia 730 cost upto $250 then would be a great deal but according rumor it would cost around $300.

Moto G available at 2 cost $179 & $200.(which is also a great deal)

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Yep,I'm agreed Moto G(Gen1 & Gen2) has a great price bracket worldwide.
And Lumia 730 will launch today in my country(INDIA) followed by Lumia 830 and maybe Lumia 930 as well(not sure).
I'm crossing my fingers that it should be less than or just 15k INR.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 730 priced at 15299 great pricing by Ms.lumia 830 28399 worst pricing by MS.if you are in budget to for lumia 730 .
From Windows phone

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Apart from WP or Android

I think price is the main factor which will decide.
If Lumia 730 cost upto $250 then would be a great deal but according rumor it would cost around $300.

Moto G available at 2 cost $179 & $200.(which is also a great deal)

not really in most countries its nearly the same price just $15 difference

Pete Thompson

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Youre asking a windows forum which is best, windows or android.

you will get one answer (mainly).

Having an 820 for 2 years, im switching back to Android. Windows hasn't done anything particularly wrong, Im just more into 'messing' with the phone, installing apps from unknown sources and getting support for apps i cant ge ton windows (or dont update in years).and so on. Windows phone always worked, however the phone is heavy and hit the floor hard (requiring a repair).
Another reason - TomTom. Not out on windows phone and neve rlikely to either at 2% of the market.

Off to get a Moto G gen2 (dont bother with the 1st gen, the camera is ****e) or LG G2 (no point with the g3), I can have my tomtom, ditch the crud routing and voice of the Drive app,get back reviews of pubs/places to eat when im in a new city (bing city lense is rubbish) and install all the free apps that actually work properly.

May come back to WP, but i have no preference any longer in either, Windows phone just works.. which if you log into a forum probably means it wont do much for your ability to 'mess' about with it. I wholeheartedly intend to flash custom roms etc. all in the name of being a techy.

The missus? She may have another windows phone, OR go android so her fitness apps/bands work with it. she couldnt give a crap what it runs, however the lack of backup to the cloud meant i lost all her contacts ,which royally p*ssed her off. In android i woul dhave made many backups with different apps - Windows you setup backupst on start of the phone, with a live account, of which she didn't have at the time and so, no backup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo