Status
Not open for further replies.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: The iPhone 6 Bends

You in South Africa?
Worst, South Texas

I feel like common sense would tell you not to put your device in a situation in which it could bend. Again, this seems like much ado about nothing.

By the way, if I did own a iPhone 6, the last thing on my mind would involve doing anything like this. And I would imagine most people who will eventually own one won't be putting their phones in this position as well.
Yes and the front left pocket is considered a normal spot to put a phone but it still bends

Ever seen The Royal Tennenbaums??? ha ha
And have you read a book called Facing Violence" by Rory Miller. I think that you might enjoy it. :)
I will need to check out this book

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Ya metal bends we get it, but although he used force...it wasnt anything overly exaggerated and i could completely see how so many cases have been reported. This is a real shocker considering its Apple, in my personal opinion is their products have always felt premium and very durable...even the more delicate-esque 5S took many falls from me without cracking or dents. When i picked up and tested the iPhone 6/+ at my local Best Buy the first thing that came to my mind was "this feels cheap", i did not expect it at all but in all honesty is feels VERY cheap in my opinion. So with my personal experience of using the phone, i guess im not very surprised it bent so easily.

Last edited:

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes & even if in the future Nokia comes up with metal phones, it'll make sure that it doesn't meet the same fate as iPhone 6+ did

rudranil

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Enjoying the bad press Apple is going through, though feel bad for my friends who already bought this...

Did anyone test it on 925? I guess that is the only metal phone Nokia has unless I am wrong.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Enjoying the bad press Apple is going through, though feel bad for my friends who already bought this...

Did anyone test it on 925? I guess that is the only metal phone Nokia has unless I am wrong.

There is a thread in the 925 section about a bent phone.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
LOL, how cute. Obviously you weren't around for the launch of the Lumia 920, Lumia 820, and HTC 8X.

I'm not saying there are zero hardware faults. You misunderstand. Apple only releases ONE (and now two) phones a year. They can't even get that right. Every year millions of people buy it and a large (and usually first) batch of them have severe issues. Antenna issues, half-baked Maps, anodized aluminium chipping, faulty cameras, etc. Nokia doesn't exactly spam the market like Samsung or Sony, but they do make a respectable number of releases every year. And they do a terrific job of it, all things considered. They don't skimp on cost. An iPhone 5 (or was it 4S?) BOM was less than $250, and they were being sold for well over $500. Apple cheaped out here. Obvious QA is never 100%, but I'd rather have a 920 with an easily fixed problem like dust under the ffc rather than a phone that bends like a straw.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I guess if you handle with care, this shouldn't happen.

Unfortunately, I don't meet many people who treat their iPhones nicely.

Bodeanicus

Banned
Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
This is a PR disaster for Apple, worse than their last antenna one I would think. I wonder how they will deal with it.

https://www.hashtags.org/analytics/bendgate/

By selling millions and millions of phones. Incipio and Otterbox will make millions and millions selling reinforced cases. Not making excuses, but we all know how "antennagate" turned out, don't we? It turned out to be a big nothing.

I'm not saying there are zero hardware faults. You misunderstand. Apple only releases ONE (and now two) phones a year. They can't even get that right. Every year millions of people buy it and a large (and usually first) batch of them have severe issues. Antenna issues, half-baked Maps, anodized aluminium chipping, faulty cameras, etc. Nokia doesn't exactly spam the market like Samsung or Sony, but they do make a respectable number of releases every year. And they do a terrific job of it, all things considered. They don't skimp on cost. An iPhone 5 (or was it 4S?) BOM was less than $250, and they were being sold for well over $500. Apple cheaped out here. Obvious QA is never 100%, but I'd rather have a 920 with an easily fixed problem like dust under the ffc rather than a phone that bends like a straw.

And yet, they keep selling millions more. I guess it's just a fad. I mean, it can't have anything to do with most people being happy with the device and it's ecosystem. That's just not possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: The iPhone 6 Bends

I feel like common sense would tell you not to put your device in a situation in which it could bend. Again, this seems like much ado about nothing.

By the way, if I did own a iPhone 6, the last thing on my mind would involve doing anything like this. And I would imagine most people who will eventually own one won't be putting their phones in this position as well.

You miss the point of these "tests". Do you recall the Nokia videos of the torture tests they performed on the 920? I can't imagine the iPhone 6 making it through the first test Nokia did. Torture tests simulate wear and tear in accelerated fashion to determine a device's durability. So, no, the torture a manufacturer puts a phone through isn't something any one person would do on one occurrence, BUT it does simulate what they would do over time.

Has nothing to do with common sense or emotions here. If it's easy to bend with that amount of force in the iPhone video, then one can assume that it wouldn't be long with even reasonable care that their iPhone 6 would bend quickly.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LOL, how cute, you're trying to justify your post.

Antenna issues
One antenna issue with one phone: the iPhone 4. It was fixed with the 4s.

half-baked Maps
Not a hardware issue.

anodized aluminium chipping
Again, one issue, with one phone: the iPhone 5. It was fixed with the 5s.

a 920 with an easily fixed problem like dust under the ffc
Don't forget about the other problems with the 920; Apple might have one problem per phone release, Nokia had multiples.

And dear god, before you throw down the "Apple ******" card, please know that I only like iOS on the iPhone, I hate iPads, I don't much care for OS X, I run Windows 8 on all my PCs, I have a Surface RT, and in addition to an iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, and a 5s I have had two Lumia 920s, two Lumia 820s, a Lumia 520, and an HTC 8X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster