Bend it like iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: The iPhone 6 Bends

For the stress he put it under I would have expected it to crack. There was considerable deformation to expect that. Still now the idorks are left in a world of pain.
If MS had any sense they should be creating advertisements highlighting the durability of windows phones.

Haha I just looked at the 2nd video. Korea for the engineering win :)

7mm thick phones I guess they found the limit.

Last edited:

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

as an Avatar fan I am thinking that the Avatar must master phone bending in order to restore balance to the world.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

@TonyDedrick Of course it is a big deal. The housing (body) is bendable which you think well ok not to bad but I can tell you that the MB is not made to bend. Not to mention with a warped device how will accessories fit properly, and docking station, charging station. Think about it.

Worst case scenario the battery bends beyond its break point and battery acid or whatever leaks and starts melting you phone and it catches on fire while you are in the shower and then your whole house catches on fire while your kids are asleep up stairs and you call the fire department to rescue your kids but realize you haven't ate dinner and order Jimmy Johns then JJ show up before the fire department does and your kids are toast. but thats just worst case scenario

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
For the stress he put it under I would have expected it to crack. There was considerable deformation to expect that. Still now the idorks are left in a world of pain.
If MS had any sense they should be creating advertisements highlighting the durability of windows phones.

Haha I just looked at the 2nd video. Korea for the engineering win :)

7mm thick phones I guess they found the limit.

Yes MS should definitely come up with such advertisements, iPhones loss, Microsoft's gain...:p

@TonyDedrick Of course it is a big deal. The housing (body) is bendable which you think well ok not to bad but I can tell you that the MB is not made to bend. Not to mention with a warped device how will accessories fit properly, and docking station, charging station. Think about it.

Worst case scenario the battery bends beyond its break point and battery acid or whatever leaks and starts melting you phone and it catches on fire while you are in the shower and then your whole house catches on fire while your kids are asleep up stairs and you call the fire department to rescue your kids but realize you haven't ate dinner and order Jimmy Johns then JJ show up before the fire department does and your kids are toast. but thats just worst case scenario

You are too serious. Chill out. I hope whatever you mentioned never happens to anyone. Very disappointed with apple though, I never expected this from them

Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yes some previous phones did have some cases of bending.
My concern is that this case here could be more common and that many people would expect a phone not to bend so easily.

Also, two amazing names I saw: "Warp Gate" and "Bend-ghazi"
Or maybe its a feature? "iPhone can change itself to fit you...

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

You are too serious. Chill out. I hope whatever you mentioned never happens to anyone. Very disappointed with apple though, I never expected this from them

I am not serious. I am actually very careful. That's just how I am though. You can never be too safe. Wife and I actually have a fire escape route and hidden guns in different rooms of our apartment in case of a break in and we actually make up scenarios of what we going to do in those situation.

I never sit my back to the entrance of a restaurant
I always look for an alternative exit route
When I cant have have my concealed handgun on me I look for things around me that I can use as a weapon.

Death is inevitable, do what you can to survive.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

LOL @ the comments being all defensive on that article. :D

I think WP users hardly ever get to deal with bad hardware devices. Think about it. There aren't any "You're holding it wrong" Nokias, or ones that bend, or ones that shatter so hilariously at the smallest of fall as I watched happen to my friend's iPhone 4S. Neither do we deal with the lag and stutter of TouchWiz, or the permanent lack of available updates as is so common in Android, or the horrible cameras (even low end Lumias have acceptable cameras!). In a way, besides app margin, there is absolutely nothing wrong with WP or WP handsets... It's a lot more comfort in knowing that your device will come out of your pocket functional and not deformed. :p

We deserve to laugh at them for their ignorance as they laugh at us for sticking with a platform with the (frankly) horrible app support. I love these moments :')

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I am not serious. I am actually very careful. That's just how I am though. You can never be too safe. Wife and I actually have a fire escape route and hidden guns in different rooms of our apartment in case of a break in and we actually make up scenarios of what we going to do in those situation.

When I cant have have my concealed handgun on me I look for things around me that I can use as a weapon.

Where are you from? Which country? This is getting more serious than I could imagine

LOL @ the comments being all defensive on that article. :D

I think WP users hardly ever get to deal with bad hardware devices. Think about it. There aren't any "You're holding it wrong" Nokias, or ones that bend, or ones that shatter so hilariously at the smallest of fall as I watched happen to my friend's iPhone 4S. Neither do we deal with the lag and stutter of TouchWiz, or the permanent lack of available updates as is so common in Android, or the horrible cameras (even low end Lumias have acceptable cameras!). In a way, besides app margin, there is absolutely nothing wrong with WP or WP handsets... It's a lot more comfort in knowing that your device will come out of your pocket functional and not deformed. :p

We deserve to laugh at them for their ignorance as they laugh at us for sticking with a platform with the (frankly) horrible app support. I love these moments :')

Yes, we deserve a hearty laugh at apple & a big applause for them. Seriously today apple made my day. I can now proudly bash some iPhone fans, because this could never happen with Nokia

Last edited by a moderator:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Ever seen The Royal Tennenbaums??? ha ha
And have you read a book called Facing Violence" by Rory Miller. I think that you might enjoy it. :)

Felix Bank

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

You in South Africa?

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I feel like common sense would tell you not to put your device in a situation in which it could bend. Again, this seems like much ado about nothing.

By the way, if I did own a iPhone 6, the last thing on my mind would involve doing anything like this. And I would imagine most people who will eventually own one won't be putting their phones in this position as well.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I love the way they are trying to bend all the other handsets that they can to make the problem seem less severe.
First, camera comparisons, then screen comparisons, now... Bend comparisons...?!

**** the iToys, **** Apple and **** Timmy!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think WP users hardly ever get to deal with bad hardware devices.

LOL, how cute. Obviously you weren't around for the launch of the Lumia 920, Lumia 820, and HTC 8X.

I feel like common sense would tell you not to put your device in a situation in which it could bend. Again, this seems like much ado about nothing.

For what it's worth? I concur. I'll never understand the people who slide their several-hundred-dollar phone into their back pocket and then bend over and sit down and all that. My GF broke two phones - an old Kyocera flip-phone and an iPhone 3GS - doing that and she still does it today... drives me insane.

I baby my phones, regardless of manufacturer. I spend too much money on them to do otherwise. Hell, I even have a bean bag on my desk in which my phone rests when it's out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos