tools
    You are just adding fuel ⛽ to the fire lolol
    its ok they cant handle the fact that i proved them wrong
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:06 AM
    boy do people love going off topic
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:11 AM
    Man you are so wrong 👎 . Can you uninstall play store, and have another store instead? No. Same goes to the other apps. Even if you disable them they take up the same space. What's the use? Same goes to WP, but at least you can uninstall OEM apps, unlike Android. You have alternatives available for every app you mentioned on both the OS's, you just can't uninstall the preinstalled ones, on both the OS's. And a file picker is way more useful than setting a default. Just a single tap extra means so much more work, does it? Man,I didn't know people were so tired 😫 (This goes to @Jas055 too). And you can change the default search engine from Bing to Google. Shall I post a screenshot? Go to internet explorer settings>advanced settings> default search provider.

What's wrong with Microsoft's keyboard? It's the world's fastest keyboard according to WPC. Has WordFlow built in and text prediction is far better than Android.
    We'll actually disabling the services stops them from using any RAM or ever updating so it's useful.

Moving on there are alternative app stores other than Google Play and you can change the default.

If you are very very serious about not using Google services you can root and use the phones without GAPPS, so there is a solution.

Want to uninstall any stock app or stop using the Microsoft services and use some other store on Windows Phone?

You can root....Oh wait...you can't do much other than maybe switching to an Android.

As far as security goes: http://thehackernews.com/2014/09/FBI...ption.html?m=1

@salmanahmed can you uninstall Google hangouts? I can uninstall Skype. What about Google news?No? I can uninstall the preinstalled Bing news, sports, finance, weather. As I said, moot argument.
    Root is the answer if someone is truly serious.

Attachment 82699

no i collect boxes....
    ofcourse i have the phone
    i even threw in my 720 for proof
    Wait...wait..how long has it been since you have used the Nexus 5 or even updated any of it's apps?

Because in the down right corner of the screen the camera icon is from the older Android 4.4 camera, there is a new icon for the Google Camera if you've ever updated any of the apps.
    colinkiama likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:14 AM
    We'll actually disabling the services stops them from using any RAM or ever updating so it's useful.

Moving on there are alternative app stores other than Google Play and you can change the default.

If you are very very serious about not using Google services you can root and use the phones without GAPPS, so there is a solution.

Want to uninstall any stock app or stop using the Microsoft services and use some other store on Windows Phone?

You can root....Oh wait...you can't do much other than maybe switching to an Android.

As far as security goes: FBI Not Happy With Apple & Google's Encryption Policy

Root is the answer if someone is truly serious.

Wait...wait..how long has it been since you have used the Nexus 5 or even updated any of it's apps?

Because in the down right corner of the screen the camera icon is from the older Android 4.4 camera, there is a new icon for the Google Camera if you've ever updated any of the apps.
    i hate the new google camera,i got the older apk back because the new one has a tonne of issues
    as for rooting why do i need to play around with system files to uninstall apps

bit OT but
    thanks for making me a top poster and top thanked btw :D :P
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:17 AM
    btw salmanahmad didnt you mention that if you install apps from places other than google play,you get malware?
    you comment now contradicts your other comment
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:20 AM
    @visa declined and salmanahmad prove that you own both a windows phone and an android
    i did my part i have nothing to hide
    Hang tight

FWIW, I still don't think that's your phone :)

gq0ltog.jpg
    09-28-2014 05:20 AM
    @salmanahmed yeah, root and void your device warranty. Why would anyone with common sense do that?
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:21 AM
    Hang tight

FWIW, I still don't think that's your phone :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GQ0LTog.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	710.3 KB 
ID:	82700
    i dont care
    your just mad because i proved you wrong and you cannot accept it
    i dont think you own the phones you posted
    i dont think you exist also because i posted with my name,phone etc still you think i dont own it,well too bad
    09-28-2014 05:45 AM
    @visa declined and salmanahmad prove that you own both a windows phone and an android
    i did my part i have nothing to hide
    I apologize I can't have both my Nexus and Lumia in the same photo because I sold the Lumia, I do have a photo of it before I sold it however.

1411905209998.jpg

You won't find that image anywhere on the internet, apart from maybe OLX where I put up the ad for selling my Lumia.

If you want a photo of my Nexus, I'm willing to provide that as well but I'm pretty sure that none of you have doubts about that.

@salmanahmed yeah, root and void your device warranty. Why would anyone with common sense do that?
    You missed the point, my friend.

If you buy an iPhone or Windows Phone for that matter and there are things about the OS you just don't find good, too bad because there is very little you can do to change anything.

The OP refers to Google services as crap and most of you also claim that Google forces us to use their own services and what not.

That simply isn't true, you can disable all of the Google services and you can use worthy replacements from the Play Store.

In fact you can even replace the Google Play Store completely with one of the many other stores.

If you want to go a step further and completely remove any and all system apps, Android also allows that via root.

So if you don't like Google services, you won't be forced to use them but I promise you they won't be burdens but something that will enhance your experience.

My opinion on Google+ was also pretty negative until Google "forced" me to use a Google+ for YouTube, and it's actually brought me a whole lot more opportunities to talk to some of my favorite YouTubers and to participate in discussions in the YouTube comments section.

1411905715447.jpg
    1411905723939.jpg
    1411905732579.jpg

If you don't like Google services, on an OS that *GOOGLE* has made, Google still allows to replace most of everything.

Windows Phone can't even come close to that.
    09-28-2014 07:02 AM
    if you are selling your phone and hate wp why are you always trying to put down wp here
    S Vaibhav and Geddeeee like this.
    09-28-2014 07:26 AM
    if you are selling your phone and hate wp why are you always trying to put down wp here
    Typical fanboys.
    09-28-2014 07:34 AM
    Interesting
    09-28-2014 07:43 AM
    I fully agree on Google. I can do without official Youtube because WP has gorgeous apps like Metrotube etc. In fact i never complained about that specific item. However i understand your point but let's face reality:
    A) Microsoft is not investing enough time and resources on WP (Many in the IT environment in Taiwan think Microsoft may eventually kill WP even though they bought Nokia etc etc, things of which i am aware). The rationale is that Microsoft already makes a lot of money with patents etc.
    B) Not only there aren't enough investments but Microsoft (And Nokia) have been giving Google (I'll skip Apple in this post to focus on Google) a lot of top tier apps. Office is good, One Note is gorgeous (better than Evernote for me for specific reasons), Now HERE Maps are going to enrich the Android ecosystem and will be improved for that system only.
    Substantially, not only Google does what it does, but Microsoft helps. Since i assume they are not dumb, there must be a reason in what they do. That reason is not taking into account WP users of course.
    Karthik Naik and Bodeanicus like this.
    09-28-2014 08:08 AM
    I fully agree on Google. I can do without official Youtube because WP has gorgeous apps like Metrotube etc. In fact i never complained about that specific item. However i understand your point but let's face reality:
    A) Microsoft is not investing enough time and resources on WP (Many in the IT environment in Taiwan think Microsoft may eventually kill WP even though they bought Nokia etc etc, things of which i am aware). The rationale is that Microsoft already makes a lot of money with patents etc.
    B) Not only there aren't enough investments but Microsoft (And Nokia) have been giving Google (I'll skip Apple in this post to focus on Google) a lot of top tier apps. Office is good, One Note is gorgeous (better than Evernote for me for specific reasons), Now HERE Maps are going to enrich the Android ecosystem and will be improved for that system only.
    Substantially, not only Google does what it does, but Microsoft helps. Since i assume they are not dumb, there must be a reason in what they do. That reason is not taking into account WP users of course.
    finally an completely unbiased comment which defines the exact situation
    yes microsoft needs to have more faith in windows phone and be more aggressive in marketing and features
    blackberry did the same mistake- slow inital release ,poor marketing,late release of cross platform BBM,charging its own users for bbm on the older BBOS while ios and android users got bbm for free
    microsoft still has time,they can turn this around and have the overall upper hand- they combined alot of things which we like from other operating systems and created a balanced os but lack of features like OTG are still a putoff even though the hardware supports it
    09-28-2014 08:29 AM
    You guys need to stop ******* about ******* around. The average customer doesn't like workarounds. We need Google Apps. We need hangouts, Gmail, official youtube, Google plus. Not because we like it. It's because people will never switch to WP if they aren't there. So make petitions, complain about apps on WP until Google' servers crash. We need Google. If we didn't need Google then our markets are wouldn't be so low.
    09-28-2014 10:11 AM
    We need Google.
    Like a hole in the head.
    Karthik Naik and Nerdy Woman like this.
    09-28-2014 10:14 AM
    Like a hole in the head.
    You might see this as a joke but if we get Google Apps. That means Microsoft can make 95% of the market consider WP as a viable option.
    09-28-2014 10:19 AM
    There is no downloadable app but there is a mobile version of Youtube (http://m.youtube.com)

If you want a clickable app/tile on your windows phone, you can make your own.

Download the free version of "Skinery Themes" that allows you to create your own start screen tiles. You can make and pin your own start screen youtube tile in less than a minute. That's what I did for my Google+ and Youtube application on my 1520. I don't trust the 3rd party apps with full of ads.

It's exactly the same. Web apps are just web wrapped mobile version of websites. Like a desktop shortcut.

Here:

diptic-14-.jpg

09-28-2014 10:35 AM
    You guys need to stop ******* about ******* around. The average customer doesn't like workarounds. We need Google Apps. We need hangouts, Gmail, official youtube, Google plus. Not because we like it. It's because people will never switch to WP if they aren't there. So make petitions, complain about apps on WP until Google' servers crash. We need Google. If we didn't need Google then our markets are wouldn't be so low.
    google isnt oxygen ,people can live without it and not miss out
    09-28-2014 10:39 AM
    google isnt oxygen ,people can live without it and not miss out
    nowadays people cannot live without Google. Stop being so ignorant and face reality. If we get Google Apps, WP can finally succeed. If we don't, WP will crash and burn like symbian.
    09-28-2014 10:53 AM
    There is no downloadable app but there is a mobile version of Youtube (http://m.youtube.com)

If you want a clickable app/tile on your windows phone, you can make your own.

Download the free version of "Skinery Themes" that allows you to create your own start screen tiles. You can make and pin your own start screen youtube tile in less than a minute. That's what I did for my Google+ and Youtube application on my 1520. I don't trust the 3rd party apps with full of ads.

It's exactly the same. Web apps are just web wrapped mobile version of websites. Like a desktop shortcut.

Here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diptic(14).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	820.5 KB 
ID:	82740

My tube and Metro tube are amazing. They have absolutely no ads in their trials,. Mobile youtube is rubbish. You can't even stream in HD. Sorry but it's true.
    Karthik Naik and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-28-2014 10:54 AM
    My tube and Metro tube are amazing. They have absolutely no ads in their trials,. Mobile youtube is rubbish. You can't even stream in HD. Sorry but it's true.
    Why do you even need an HD on a small screen? You are just draining up your monthly data allocation too fast and that's when carriers rip you off. SD is all you need for a 6" screen.If it's at least a 50" screen, then I would accept your argument.

If I want to watch in HD, I will sit down on my living room or my computer room.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-28-2014 10:59 AM
    Why do you even need an HD on a small screen? If it's at least a 50" screen, then I would accept your argument. If I want to watch in HD, I will sit down on my living room.
    Why would anyone sit on their living room?
    09-28-2014 11:02 AM
    nowadays people cannot live without Google. Stop being so ignorant and face reality. If we get Google Apps, WP can finally succeed. If we don't, WP will crash and burn like symbian.
    Aside from Google Search (which exists) and Gmail (which 90% of people are satisfied with the built in app) what Google apps besides YouTube can people not live without? I think you're inflating your own biases about what people use.
    09-28-2014 11:30 AM
    Why do you even need an HD on a small screen? You are just draining up your monthly data allocation too fast and that's when carriers rip you off.
    Not if you preload some of the videos you intend on watching before you leave the house, or even while on public Wifi. But even if not, I prefer to have the best quality video available.
    09-28-2014 11:37 AM
265 ... 34567 ...