12-10-2014 05:58 AM
265 ... 678910 ...
tools
    The only reason ie is popular is because it's pre installed on pc's people just use it to download chrome or Firefox then it is abandoned and never used again.
    And now I know that you've never intended to have a serious conversation and have just been trolling. No that's not right as IE is used by 60% of the user base. We get it, you prefer Google's services to Microsoft, but I don't understand why you're trying to argue against the facts. Anyways, have a nice day, I'm not going to respond to you anymore.
    Karthik Naik and Nerdy Woman like this.
    09-29-2014 02:50 AM
    WP has 2.7% of the world market. The other phones are feature phones. 95% are smartphones.
    Actually, I'm going back on my last post and responding to you one last time. You keep sprouting BS. 30% of all phones in use are feature phones, 2.7% are WP, 14% is iOS, 50% is Google's Android, 25% is AOSP, .8% is Blackberry, 1.5% is Symbian, and the rest are various other OS like Firefox, Jolla, etc....

There, now I'm done.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-29-2014 02:54 AM
    WP has 2.7% of the world market. The other phones are feature phones. 95% are smartphones.
    Or BlackBerry, Symbian, webOS
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-29-2014 02:54 AM
    i actually said the opposite in case you didnt read my post
    bing is better than google
    skype is better than hangouts
    socl is not that great but facebook is better than google+,socl isnt showed down your throat the way google+ is
    i say microsoft has superior service overall and people havent given them a fair shot yet
    why google now? you have cortana which does what google now and siri do ,it also has more features
    what options are you talking about,no one uses google apps except for gmail and maybe google maps
    Seriously ?
    I think your comment was sarcasm
    Specially " bing is better than google"

If you don't know ......80%+ users use google and bing is around 5%.
    Hardly anyone users bing(only MS strong supporter use bing)

You want to know reality of bing.
    just watch last 20 secs of this video

09-29-2014 02:57 AM
    Seriously ?

If you don't know burt 80%+ users use google and bing is around 5%.

Personally, I think both of you are wrong, as neither is necessarily better (assuming you both live in the US). I don't really think either is better or worst, they're just what someone uses. Some people use Google because their friends use it, some people use Bing because they like the format of it, some people use Google because they like to use Google Now, some people use Bing because they like to use Cortana. I really don't see how one can be better just because more people use it.

Also, I think in the last earnings call, Satya Nadella said that all uses of Bing (Siri, Yahoo, Bing.com, Facebook, etc...) that Bing was up to 15% market share and was apparently growing (I'm assuming, anyways, since he said that Bing will be profitable within a year).
    psoham777 and Karthik Naik like this.
    09-29-2014 03:03 AM
    See, its your own choice, which OS you prefer. Android is already too much saturated now, you can't expect a major growth. Only a small growth. Whereas WP doesn't have much market share, so even small growth matters for them. Some WP users don't try other OS because they are quite satisfied with it. You can talk of all the app gap you want, but many people are quite satisfied having the basic apps for their needs. I don't see a point why many people think that WP is failing(it has already crossed iPhone sales in 24 countries, that's definitely not a small number).

Talking about services from Microsoft or google, both are good enough, the only thing I don't like that Google only provides services to Android phones only. So people who are craving for Google services have to turn to Android. That's what you call business... Btw all this is mentioned in the previous threads.
    09-29-2014 03:04 AM
    Seriously ?

im not seeing that parody video anyway
    my comment isnt sarcasm
    google is more of a fad for most of its services,microsoft services are more convenient and better designed
    google +,hangouts are a joke thats shoved down everyones throats
    microsoft doesnt force you to join skype or socl
    apple doesnt force imessage or facetime down your throat

apples iAD and microsofts advertising id have a turn off switch
    google forces ads on everyone

google drive website doesnt have a download all option etc
    onedrive offers more practicality

gmail is cluttered and confusing
    outlook is well designed and easier to use

FYI most apple,ms,yahoo ,facebook users use bing without knowing it
    if you use their search etc(siri,yahoo search,cortana,facebook graph) all use bing in the background and its even mentioned on their sites etc-powered by bing
    psoham777 likes this.
    09-29-2014 03:06 AM
    Personally, I think both of you are wrong, as neither is necessarily better (assuming you both live in the US)..
    i live in India , i didnt say all ms services were better than google,he said all google services are better than ms
    i meant most ms services are better than google and people just havent tried/are unaware of micrsoft services
    Jas00555 likes this.
    09-29-2014 03:09 AM
    Seriously ?

Just because more people use it doesn't make something better. By that logic McDonalds is the best restaurant, since it sells more food than any other restaurant.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-29-2014 03:19 AM
    Just because more people use it doesn't make something better. By that logic McDonalds is the best restraunt, since it sells more food than any other restraunt.
    Yes. Just because more people buy Android doesn't make it the best OS.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-29-2014 03:22 AM
    Yes. Just because more people buy Android doesn't make it the best OS.
    just because santro is a popular car doesnt make it the best car :D :P
    09-29-2014 06:03 AM
    just because santro is a popular car doesnt make it the best car :D :P

Yeah right. Just because Samsung sells more smartphones doesn't make it the best smartphone company
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-29-2014 06:12 AM
    Just because more people use it doesn't make something better. By that logic McDonalds is the best restaurant, since it sells more food than any other restaurant.
    Yeah! It does. It offer. Supreme quality search both local & international search.

Bing search engine is USA centric.
    Users using Bing outside USA are very less.

No body use Bing because nobody like it.
    Except - MS fans
    colinkiama likes this.
    09-29-2014 08:35 AM
    im not seeing that parody video anyway
    my comment isnt sarcasm
    google is more of a fad for most of its services,microsoft services are more convenient and better designed
    google +,hangouts are a joke thats shoved down everyones throats
    microsoft doesnt force you to join skype or socl
    apple doesnt force imessage or facetime down your throat

apples iAD and microsofts advertising id have a turn off switch
    google forces ads on everyone

google drive website doesnt have a download all option etc
    onedrive offers more practicality

gmail is cluttered and confusing
    outlook is well designed and easier to use

FYI most apple,ms,yahoo ,facebook users use bing without knowing it
    if you use their search etc(siri,yahoo search,cortana,facebook graph) all use bing in the background and its even mentioned on their sites etc-powered by bing
    Despite all this nobody use Bing but Google.
    I wonder why?
    09-29-2014 08:39 AM
    Yeah! It does. It offer. Supreme quality search both local & international search.

Bing search engine is USA centric.
    Users using Bing outside USA are very less.

No body use Bing because nobody like it.
    Except - MS fans
    I've already said that I've been using Google more for than 11 years. I switched to Bing before a few months, just because I found it better. I don't use bing because I am a MS fan! You say nobody uses Bing outside USA, well people use Siri, yahoo, Facebook, so aren't they indirectly using Bing?
    09-29-2014 09:21 AM
    Just a small tip to everyone, please ignore a couple of bots here that go by the following names-
    D M C
    salmanahmed

No use arguing with these, as I said they are bots, post the same wrong things again and again in every thread. Thank you.
    09-29-2014 09:43 AM
    Just a small tip to everyone, please ignore a couple of bots here that go by the following names-
    D M C
    salmanahmed

No use arguing with these, as I said they are bots, post the same wrong things again and again in every thread. Thank you.
    I agree with you & welcome.
    I here end my post. Thank You...
    S Vaibhav and Karthik Naik like this.
    09-29-2014 09:44 AM
    What WP needs is for MS to offer alternatives to Google services. Buy Dailymotion or Vimeo or something then promote and develop it with their billion$ to compete with Youtube. Outlook.com is already better than Gmail. Skype would be better than Hangouts if not for the free US calls. OneDrive is better than Google Drive.

Unless they are diehard fanboys, what else will stop Android users from switching to WP if MS has the better service alternatives?

Just give me these two on WP, an alternative to Youtube and free phone calls within US and it's goodbye Google for me.
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    09-29-2014 10:47 AM
    Perhaps daily motion or Vimeo could become a viable alternative to YouTube in the near future.
    09-29-2014 11:40 AM
    Perhaps daily motion or Vimeo could become a viable alternative to YouTube in the near future.
    The YouTube app from MS was excellent. Do you remember that we were even able to download YouTube videos for free. But because of google, MS had to withdraw it, too bad...
    09-29-2014 11:42 AM
    Google Maps? HERE maps is as good, if not better.

Google Earth? What would I do with it which I won't be able to do with HERE maps? Seems just a gimmick to me.

Google+, most people use Facebook.

Firefox can be used instead of Chrome and besides IE is better if we talk about Windows tablets.

Google drive, does it have online only files like OneDrive?

Google Notes, never heard of it but there's Evernote and OneNote which you can use on your phone, tablet and laptop.

So really, the only Google service that has no better alternative right now is Youtube.
    I just wanted to point out that Google Maps generally has better global coverage, Pakistan for example wasn't supported in HERE maps for me.

Google Earth could be considered not as useful, but is still better than Bing for exploring the planet. But I'll admit that it's not such a big deal.

Google+, we'll "most" people use Facebook but not all. Google+ has become an essential for me and quite a bit of other people, especially those that use YouTube.

If we are talking about Windows Phone here, FireFox is irrelevant because it isn't on Windows Phone. Plus in my experience Chrome is one of the best browsers for both mobile and PC, much more functional and fast than IE.

Google Drive may not be as good as OneDrive, as many of you say, but for those that have their files on Drive they can't magically transfer it to OneDrive.

Google Keep is the same story, if you have a lot of notes on it you can't transfer them. Evernote is terrible on Windows Phone, OneNote is nice though.
    09-29-2014 11:46 AM
    We'll uhmm what about Google Maps, Google Earth, Google+, Google Chrome, Google Drive, Google Notes?
    Google Maps? HERE maps is as good, if not better.

Google Earth? What would I do with it which I won't be able to do with HERE maps? Seems just a gimmick to me.

Google+, most people use Facebook.

Firefox can be used instead of Chrome and besides IE is better if we talk about Windows tablets.

Google drive, does it have online only files like OneDrive?

Google Notes, never heard of it but there's Evernote and OneNote which you can use on your phone, tablet and laptop.

So really, the only Google service that has no better alternative right now is Youtube
    09-29-2014 11:46 AM
    The YouTube app from MS was excellent. Do you remember that we were even able to download YouTube videos for free. But because of google, MS had to withdraw it, too bad...
    Yeah, they were forcing MS to use html 5 to build the app, whereas the Android and ios apps don't have html 5 code. Evil Google.
    09-29-2014 11:47 AM
    I've already said that I've been using Google more for than 11 years. I switched to Bing before a few months, just because I found it better. I don't use bing because I am a MS fan! You say nobody uses Bing outside USA, well people use Siri, yahoo, Facebook, so aren't they indirectly using Bing?
    Shhhh! Don't tell him that all of those search tools use Bing and not Google. His world may shatter.
    psoham777 likes this.
    09-29-2014 11:49 AM
    Yeah, they were forcing MS to use html 5 to build the app, whereas the Android and ios apps don't have html 5 code. Evil Google.
    Yeah, that was the worst day of my life. I was really annoyed. I just hate Google sometimes, really
    09-29-2014 11:51 AM
265 ... 678910 ...