No official YouTube app. And there never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Hahah you ask me if I'm a WP user. I'd you have actually owned a WP, you know that you can choose the app with which you want to open a specific file. Open the files app, or download any content from the web. Open the file. Then
Open the files app, or download any content through IE. Then,
1) for XML files, it asks me whether to open in IE or UC Browser.
2) for music files, asks me whether to play in mix radio, Xbox music or moliplayer pro.
3) for videos,asks me whether to open in Xbox videos or moliplayer pro.
4) for photos, asks me whether to open in Lumia creative studio, Nokia camera, photo hub, Lumia selfie or 4blend HDR.
5) for PDF files,asks me whether to open on PDF reader or Adobe reader.
6) and other n no. Of examples......

First buy a WP before commenting here.

You can't uninstall Google drive, Google play music, etc in Android phones to. Also MS has a generic email app, whereas Google has a Gmail app and a generic app. Why both? I don't see Google giving flexibly in this area. There is no games hub in Android, as compared to WP. The sole purpose of the games hub was to have a single places for all your games, not Xbox promotion. Same goes for the music and video app, unlike Google.

What flexibility does Google offer over MS? I'm curious.

I asked you a simple question.
Tell me how do I uninstall
OneDrive
Xbox Apps
Maps etc.

I hardly use them. and these are apps too.

Then we will talk about flexibility.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
the difference is google forces you to use subpar services and nonsensical google + and hangouts
they sell your data and info to companies for ads
i understand companies need to make money but ads should be optional like MS who offers advertising id to turn off ads

Didn't i mention MS forces you to use services more than Google does.
In Android you have option to change default app.
But MS do not offer this option.

MS gives your data NSA.

What point you want to discuss here.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

MS gives your data NSA.

MS only restricts Default browser useage... Nothing else... You can even set Google as the search engine on IE... No force to use Bing on IE... N we get only OneDrive, OneNote n maps preinstalled, which would have been the case even 3 years back... Coz phones have always promoted Cloud Storage, Navigation and notes apps...
Look at Google... You get Newstand, Movies, Books, Music, Hangouts, G+, apart from gDrive, Notes and GMaps... They even want to force their News reader n Books reader on you... N now they will Double this List of apps...

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
OneDrive
Xbox Apps
Maps etc.

Is your IQ lower than room temperature? Read your previous statement. You said you can't change the default apps in WP. I replied to that statement.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

MS gives your data NSA.

Dude,I just gave you detailed description as to how you can choose the default apps in WP, and you still say you can't change default apps. Did you even read the reply?

MS doesn't give your data to NSA. Read the terms and conditions. If you have proof of your statement, please post a link.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
OneDrive
Xbox Apps
Maps etc.

why uninstall them anyway? would you uninstall the dialer from a phone?
its a smartphone these apps are needed unless you want to use it as a "dumb" phone

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hahah you ask me if I'm a WP user. I'd you have actually owned a WP, you know that you can choose the app with which you want to open a specific file. Open the files app, or download any content from the web. Open the file. Then
Open the files app, or download any content through IE. Then,
1) for XML files, it asks me whether to open in IE or UC Browser.
2) for music files, asks me whether to play in mix radio, Xbox music or moliplayer pro.
3) for videos,asks me whether to open in Xbox videos or moliplayer pro.
4) for photos, asks me whether to open in Lumia creative studio, Nokia camera, photo hub, Lumia selfie or 4blend HDR.
5) for PDF files,asks me whether to open on PDF reader or Adobe reader.
6) and other n no. Of examples......

First buy a WP before commenting here.

You can't uninstall Google drive, Google play music, etc in Android phones to. Also MS has a generic email app, whereas Google has a Gmail app and a generic app. Why both? I don't see Google giving flexibly in this area. There is no games hub in Android, as compared to WP. The sole purpose of the games hub was to have a single places for all your games, not Xbox promotion. Same goes for the music and video app, unlike Google.

What flexibility does Google offer over MS? I'm curious.

plus google drive is a pain to use,one drive is much better
gdrive doesnt even allow you to download multiple stuff from the website

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No matter how many times you keep saying that, it won't be true. Educate yourself.

As for Google services being sub-par, it's amazing that they have so many users, isn't it?

i dont think youve used anything other than google services or you'd have agreed with the rest of us

as for your "so many users" comment
there are tonnes of people with a ford,suzuki etc but does that make rolls royce,ferrari,jaguar owners fools?
irony much

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
MS only restricts Default browser useage... Nothing else... You can even set Google as the search engine on IE... No force to use Bing on IE... N we get only OneDrive, OneNote n maps preinstalled, which would have been the case even 3 years back... Coz phones have always promoted Cloud Storage, Navigation and notes apps...
Look at Google... You get Newstand, Movies, Books, Music, Hangouts, G+, apart from gDrive, Notes and GMaps... They even want to force their News reader n Books reader on you... N now they will Double this List of apps...
Actually you can choose the browser too. When I opened an XML file via the files app, it asked me whether I want to open on IE,UCBrowser or Opera Mini.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
i dont think youve used anything other than google services or you'd have agreed with the rest of us

I own and use Windows Phones, iOS, and Android devices. I will post pictures of them all for you right now if you'd like. I don't make up stories about owning a bunch of devices just to support my argument, like somebody else.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
as for the thread title:-
why would i want an official youtube app? so google can sell my data? so google can show me nonsensical ads and finish off my data limit on 3G?for an app which will crash all the time ?

i own ipads as well and the youtube app is a joke,i can only imagine how bad the app would be on wp
even on my ipad i use Jasmine instead of the youtube app
https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/jasmine-youtube-client/id554937050?mt=8&at=10l3Vy
^^the best youtube app for ios

Metrotube | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
YouTube HD | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
^^the best youtube experience on windows phone

i know this though - jasmine ,youtube hd and metrotube beat the official youtube app on ios and android any day

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I own and use Windows Phones, iOS, and Android devices. I will post pictures of them all for you right now if you'd like. I don't make up stories about owning a bunch of devices just to support my argument, like somebody else.

yeah right we believe you
see my instagram i own tonnes of devices from each platform
the way you are ignorant about microsoft services i dont think youve used it properly

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

In Google Chrome you change default search engine by now MS is restricting this to only Bing only in many countries.

MS is also forcing their services to users
and Google is also doing the same.

What you want to discuss about here that Google offer more services than MS or what?

I still don't understand the purpose this discussing since both companies are forcing users to use their services.
Are you trying say that MS isn't forcing users to use their service?
if that case then you are completely wrong.

because you can't uninstall MS apps in WP too like in Android.
Here the list
Office
Map
OneDrive
Xbox Music( this the laggiest app I ever used)
Video
One Note etc....

but why we are discussing these things.
Google or MS apps both comes out of packet.

Use it or not but they will be remain as part of OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb