No official YouTube app. And there never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Dude,I just gave you detailed description as to how you can choose the default apps in WP, and you still say you can't change default apps. Did you even read the reply?

MS doesn't give your data to NSA. Read the terms and conditions. If you have proof of your statement, please post a link.

No you didn't. You told him how your phone asks you to pick an app to do something when you open a file. That is different than setting a default app. Setting a default app is like what I do in Windows 8 where I go to settings --> search and apps --> video and change Xbox video to VLC. Every time I open a video, it takes me directly to the Modern VLC app. Explain to me how I can do that on a Windows Phone (using moliplayer as an example) because I would very much like to know.

Also, how do I change the search engine in IE because I can't find the setting.

Explain those two things and I'll leave this thread forever.

Last edited:

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
We'll interesting fact, if Google really was serious about giving your data to the NSA then they wouldn't have added out of the box encryption in Android L.

Please get your facts straight.

The FBI has also said that they're in contact with Google about creating a backdoor for law enforcement, so that's not a great argument.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The FBI has also said that they're in contact with Google about creating a backdoor for law enforcement, so that's not a great argument.

Got a link?

Also, the FBI asking Google for a backdoor, and Google willingly building a backdoor into their services is a different thing all together.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Got a link?

Also, the FBI asking Google for a backdoor, and Google willingly building a backdoor into their services is a different thing all together.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/politics/fbi-apple-google-privacy/index.html

"Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey told reporters Thursday that the agency is talking to both companies to raise concerns that their privacy efforts could hinder criminal investigations."

It's not definitive, but I would be surprised if the FBI didn't get it's way. It did with Yahoo about 5 years ago, it will with Microsoft in Ireland, and it probably will with Google and Apple. It's not really worth defending though as all companies do it. I don't care the reason they do it (whether it be willing or not), I just care that they do it.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
None of those search results say that Google willingly built backdoors to their services for the NSA. Try reading them.

i dunno man the headline - "google collaborating with NSA" sounds like a backdoor doesnt it,not just backdoor actually,more like letting alan live in charlie/waldon's house in two and a half men

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
FBI concerned about Apple, Google encryption - CNN.com

"Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey told reporters Thursday that the agency is talking to both companies to raise concerns that their privacy efforts could hinder criminal investigations."

It's not definitive, but I would be surprised if the FBI didn't get it's way. It did with Yahoo about 5 years ago, it will with Microsoft in Ireland, and it probably will with Google and Apple. It's not really worth defending though as all companies do it. I don't care the reason they do it (whether it be willing or not), I just care that they do it.

Yeah, they're not asking for a backdoor to all of their services, they just don't want full encryption being set as default on phones & tablets.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Is your IQ lower than room temperature? Read your previous statement. You said you can't change the default apps in WP. I replied to that statement.

wtf.....
why are are changing topic.
Your comment
"Can you change the default maps app on Android from Google maps to something else? No. Can you came the default navigation app? No. Can you uninstall Gmail? No."

I simply stating to the fact that WP also do same thing.
It look like your aren't aware of WP situation that is why you are commenting like that.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
i dunno man the headline - "google collaborating with NSA" sounds like a backdoor doesnt it,not just backdoor actually,more like letting alan live in charlie/waldon's house in two and a half men

Which article was that again? Link it here.

Also, no, your Instagram doesn't prove you own anything. Post a picture of this Nexus 5 you keep talking about. Just. Do. It.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
wtf.....
why are are changing topic.
Your comment
"Can you change the default maps app on Android from Google maps to something else? No. Can you came the default navigation app? No. Can you uninstall Gmail? No."

I simply stating to the fact that WP also do same thing.
It look like your aren't aware of WP situation that is why you are commenting like that.

actually he was talking about how microsoft doesnt shove lame services like google plus and hangouts down our throat
apple and microsoft dont force you to get facetime or skype,even on anew phone,you have a separate login for them

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Is this for real? You mean like Microsoft does by forcing you to use all things Bing? I'd love an official Google Maps app and YouTube app. Most of all I'd love a decent Facebook app though but that's unlikely to ever happen. Microsofts attitude seems to be "you have an app for that so what's the problem?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte