No official YouTube app. And there never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Is this for real? You mean like Microsoft does by forcing you to use all things Bing? I'd love an official Google Maps app and YouTube app. Most of all I'd love a decent Facebook app though but that's unlikely to ever happen. Microsofts attitude seems to be "you have an app for that so what's the problem?"

Thy both do it, they would both rather you use their services instead of someone elses.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Simply put, any argument on this site that discusses Android and Windows Phone turns into a flame war.

The OP has a problem with Google persuading people using Android to use it's own services, guess what Google can do what it wants and it's services are by no means bad.

Moving on, Google just tries to persuade you to use it's services you aren't forced to.

If you don't like the Google Play Store? Change it.

If you don't like Google as your search engine? Change it.

Don't like Google Hangouts, Google Dialer, Google Now Launcher, Google Keyboard? Change it.

Don't like the default Google camera application or any other Google app? Change them and/or disable them.

But on Windows Phone, don't like Microsoft, HTC, Samsung or any other OEM camera app? Too bad can't do anything.

Don't like the default browser and wants to change your default search engine? Too bad.

Don't like Microsoft's keyboard? Too bad. Can't do anything.

Don't like any of the stock apps? Too bad you can't do much to change them.

Don't like Xbox Music and Xbox Video? Too bad, they''ll always be there.

Please cry a bit more about how Google forces you to use it's own services and Microsoft doesn't.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
In case you have any doubt about Google not playing well with others, this blog article and the sources cited there will dispel any hope that we may one day see an official YouTube app:

Google is ?tightening the screws? on Android to keep control over the web ? Quartz

In a nutshell, Google is forcing Android device makers to make and sell Google phones. Android users won't have the option of replacing Google with Bing for web searches. Their phones will come with all the Google crApps on the Home Screen. They will "enjoy" total immersion into G-world. Why is Google so adamant about Android users using Google services? Because Google makes their money selling advertising. Most users aren't going to attempt to remove the tools that came with their phones. They'll see them as something that adds value. Adds value it does. For Google. All of Google's "free" services are just lures to get audience for advertisers. Advertisers who pay for impressions (the number of times their advert is displayed on user screens) or per click/tap (the number of times a user visits their website after seeing their advert on a Google or Google-affiliate page). Users are not their customers. Users are their product.

So don't expect to ever see a YouTube app on your Windows Phone. Despite the fact that would put a Google app on your phone and give them revenue from advertisers, the small-minded management at Google would rather maintain the illusion of app disparity. IMO, any user who chooses an Android phone because of the "official" apps available (including YouTube) deserves to be exploited by the Google bully.
This won't affect the average customer, Google services and search works well. You aren't forced to the Google apps. I don't understand how this makes Google evil. However what is evil is that they made a YouTube app for Wii U but don't even make an app for windows phone. Something tells me market share is not an issue...

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Dude,I just gave you detailed description as to how you can choose the default apps in WP, and you still say you can't change default apps. Did you even read the reply?

MS doesn't give your data to NSA. Read the terms and conditions. If you have proof of your statement, please post a link.

a users already answer that.
No you didn't. You told him how your phone asks you to pick an app to do something when you open a file. That is different than setting a default app. Setting a default app is like what I do in Windows 8 where I go to settings --> search and apps --> video and change Xbox video to VLC. Every time I open a video, it takes me directly to the Modern VLC app. Explain to me how I can do that on a Windows Phone (using moliplayer as an example) because I would very much like to know.

Also, how do I change the search engine in IE because I can't find the setting. .

and about your NSA thing.
You should also read Google T&C.

i dunno man the headline - "google collaborating with NSA" sounds like a backdoor doesnt it,not just backdoor actually,more like letting alan live in charlie/waldon's house in two and a half men
^^lol not true unless you replace ms with google
MS also do same.

Microsoft helped the NSA bypass encryption, new Snowden leak reveals ? RT USA

Report: Microsoft allowed NSA to bypass encryption for access to Outlook emails, Skype conversations - GeekWire

Report: Microsoft collaborated closely with NSA - CNN.com

Microsoft Helped NSA Bypass Cloud Encryption: Report

Their are so many article regarding this.

Well, I am done now. I also request you to stop this

This thread is off-topic.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

i know but there are people here who still think google is saintly and ms is evil
no company is clean or atleast we dont know but id trust ms and apple any day over google

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
@salmanahmad @D M C @Visa declined
i proved my part just because im tired of this
dont go off topic again or try to insult me or something again
im not replying anymore
ohh and im sorry if anyone didnt agree or didnt like my opinion,i understand others might have a different opinion and i respect that and i like clearing misconceptions

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
This won't affect the average customer, Google services and search works well. You aren't forced to the Google apps. I don't understand how this makes Google evil. However what is evil is that they made a YouTube app for Wii U but don't even make an app for windows phone. Something tells me market share is not an issue...

google is scared since ms launched the 520 and even created android one for that reason imo
google forces you to use hangouts and google plus
they know ios and wp have gotten optimisation correct and fear them
but for god knows what reason ,they support ios and not wp which is the real baffling question

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
i know but there are people here who still think google is saintly and ms is evil
no company is clean or atleast we dont know but id trust ms and apple any day over google

That's what you would do.

You just admitted that no company is clean, so this argument has ended.

If privacy is your main concern, and this goes to all of you, stay away from any device that has an internet connection.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Simply put, any argument on this site that discusses Android and Windows Phone turns into a flame war.

The OP has a problem with Google persuading people using Android to use it's own services, guess what Google can do what it wants and it's services are by no means bad.

Moving on, Google just tries to persuade you to use it's services you aren't forced to.

If you don't like the Google Play Store? Change it.

If you don't like Google as your search engine? Change it.

Don't like Google Hangouts, Google Dialer, Google Now Launcher, Google Keyboard? Change it.

Don't like the default Google camera application or any other Google app? Change them and/or disable them.

But on Windows Phone, don't like Microsoft, HTC, Samsung or any other OEM camera app? Too bad can't do anything.

Don't like the default browser and wants to change your default search engine? Too bad.

Don't like Microsoft's keyboard? Too bad. Can't do anything.

Don't like any of the stock apps? Too bad you can't do much to change them.

Don't like Xbox Music and Xbox Video? Too bad, they''ll always be there.

Please cry a bit more about how Google forces you to use it's own services and Microsoft doesn't.
Man you are so wrong 👎 . Can you uninstall play store, and have another store instead? No. Same goes to the other apps. Even if you disable them they take up the same space. What's the use? Same goes to WP, but at least you can uninstall OEM apps, unlike Android. You have alternatives available for every app you mentioned on both the OS's, you just can't uninstall the preinstalled ones, on both the OS's. And a file picker is way more useful than setting a default. Just a single tap extra means so much more work, does it? Man,I didn't know people were so tired 😫 (This goes to @Jas055 too). And you can change the default search engine from Bing to Google. Shall I post a screenshot? Go to internet explorer settings>advanced settings> default search provider.

What's wrong with Microsoft's keyboard? It's the world's fastest keyboard according to WPC. Has WordFlow built in and text prediction is far better than Android.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
@salmanahmed can you uninstall Google hangouts? I can uninstall Skype. What about Google news?No? I can uninstall the preinstalled Bing news, sports, finance, weather. As I said, moot argument.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That's what you would do.

You just admitted that no company is clean, so this argument has ended.

If privacy is your main concern, and this goes to all of you, stay away from any device that has an internet connection.

or just stay away from google and malicious stuff and your fine
dont put words in my mouth read my entire comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077