No official YouTube app. And there never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
There is no downloadable app but there is a mobile version of Youtube (http://m.youtube.com)

If you want a clickable app/tile on your windows phone, you can make your own.

Download the free version of "Skinery Themes" that allows you to create your own start screen tiles. You can make and pin your own start screen youtube tile in less than a minute. That's what I did for my Google+ and Youtube application on my 1520. I don't trust the 3rd party apps with full of ads.

It's exactly the same. Web apps are just web wrapped mobile version of websites. Like a desktop shortcut.

Here:

View attachment 82740

My tube and Metro tube are amazing. They have absolutely no ads in their trials,. Mobile youtube is rubbish. You can't even stream in HD. Sorry but it's true.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
My tube and Metro tube are amazing. They have absolutely no ads in their trials,. Mobile youtube is rubbish. You can't even stream in HD. Sorry but it's true.
Why do you even need an HD on a small screen? You are just draining up your monthly data allocation too fast and that's when carriers rip you off. SD is all you need for a 6" screen.If it's at least a 50" screen, then I would accept your argument.

If I want to watch in HD, I will sit down on my living room or my computer room.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
nowadays people cannot live without Google. Stop being so ignorant and face reality. If we get Google Apps, WP can finally succeed. If we don't, WP will crash and burn like symbian.

Aside from Google Search (which exists) and Gmail (which 90% of people are satisfied with the built in app) what Google apps besides YouTube can people not live without? I think you're inflating your own biases about what people use.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Why do you even need an HD on a small screen? You are just draining up your monthly data allocation too fast and that's when carriers rip you off.

Not if you preload some of the videos you intend on watching before you leave the house, or even while on public Wifi. But even if not, I prefer to have the best quality video available.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
nowadays people cannot live without Google. Stop being so ignorant and face reality. If we get Google Apps, WP can finally succeed. If we don't, WP will crash and burn like symbian.

i doubt you know anything about symbian
symbian dominated the market along with palm os for more than 15 years and has had alot of name and changes in UI,OS etc
symbian crashed and burned because it was supposed to be replaced by maemo which in turn was changed to meego and finally windows phone which caused a delay during which ios and android overtook the legacy

google apps are subpar and not compulsory
i can live without google and already am
so are many others

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
There is no downloadable app but there is a mobile version of Youtube (http://m.youtube.com)

If you want a clickable app/tile on your windows phone, you can make your own.

Download the free version of "Skinery Themes" that allows you to create your own start screen tiles. You can make and pin your own start screen youtube tile in less than a minute. That's what I did for my Google+ and Youtube application on my 1520. I don't trust the 3rd party apps with full of ads.

It's exactly the same. Web apps are just web wrapped mobile version of websites. Like a desktop shortcut.

Here:

View attachment 82740

dude try youtube HD and metrotube,the other apps are just wrappers

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Aside from Google Search (which exists) and Gmail (which 90% of people are satisfied with the built in app) what Google apps besides YouTube can people not live without? I think you're inflating your own biases about what people use.

exactly i only use youtube and sometimes search
otherwise im happier with microsoft and apple services
even gmail feels cluttered and poorly designed compared to outlook

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Why? I use Bing for searches, Outlook for email, and Firefox for web browsing (UC for mobile). The only thing I can't get away from is YouTube - but only as a link from someone else.

My quality of life hasn't suffered yet.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Why do you even need an HD on a small screen? You are just draining up your monthly data allocation too fast and that's when carriers rip you off. SD is all you need for a 6" screen.If it's at least a 50" screen, then I would accept your argument.

If I want to watch in HD, I will sit down on my living room or my computer room.

Not even 720p. Ok. dont you use wifi? Also mytube and metrotube let you download the videos so you can watch them online. Boom.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

We'll uhmm what about Google Maps, Google Earth, Google+, Google Chrome, Google Drive, Google Notes?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
hangouts, Google maps and Google search. I don't understand why you don't want the majority of smartphone users (95%) to switch to WP because of your own personal vendettas to google. Numbers don't lie, Microsoft are losing money from windows phone.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
hangouts, Google maps and Google search. I don't understand why you don't want the majority of smartphone users (95%) to switch to WP because of your own personal vendettas to google. Numbers don't lie, Microsoft are losing money from windows phone.

Dafuq? When did I ever say anything like that? I just asked a simple question of "what other apps besides XYZ" in response to you saying that "the world lives on Google", but I guess you just feel the need to be overly dramatic to get your point across instead of jumping to baseless conclusions. Anyways, I'll break this down:
Search - we have it

Maps - I can give you that, but it's still not "required" and only about half the people I know actually use it, the rest use Apple Maps or Mapquest on their iPhones, so that just shows that it's not required. Same for Google Earth.

Hangouts - huh? I have literally never seen anyone use it, talk about it, or have it installed on their phone. Most people I know with an Android phone just use it because Google integrated the text messaging app into it. Way more people use Skype, Whatsapp, and Facetime to communicate.

Chrome - you mean the browser that it only 1/3 as popular as IE? Ok

Notes - yes, I'm sure millions could just never switch to WP unless they have their precious Google notes. Most people use Evernote, Onenote, or the built in note application that comes with their phone.

Google+ - oh come on now, this is almost as bad as Notes. No one uses this thing. Google only got their numbers up from Gmail and Youtube where they forced people to have one.

Google drive - you mean the third largest cloud service? Hardly something that is preventing 95% of the population from switching.

I can give you YouTube, search, Gmail, and MAYBE google maps, but the rest NOT heavily used by the general population and precisely prove my point about how you're putting your own biases on the global population. Yes, I'm sure they each have their own global and million strong user fanbases, but they're a far cry from "the world requires Google".

Edit: Also, Microsoft has publically stated that Microsoft Mobile will be profitable by next year, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say at the end.

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Dafuq? When did I ever say anything like that? I just asked a simple question of "what other apps besides XYZ" in response to you saying that "the world lives on Google", but I guess you just feel the need to be overly dramatic to get your point across instead of jumping to baseless conclusions. Anyways, I'll break this down:
Search - we have it

Maps - I can give you that, but it's still not "required" and only about half the people I know actually use it, the rest use Apple Maps or Mapquest on their iPhones, so that just shows that it's not required. Same for Google Earth.

Hangouts - huh? I have literally never seen anyone use it, talk about it, or have it installed on their phone. Most people I know with an Android phone just use it because Google integrated the text messaging app into it. Way more people use Skype, Whatsapp, and Facetime to communicate.

Notes - yes, I'm sure millions could just never switch to WP unless they have their precious Google notes. Most people use Evernote, Onenote, or the built in note application that comes with their phone.

Google+ - oh come on now, this is almost as bad as Notes. No one uses this thing. Google only got their numbers up from Gmail and Youtube where they forced people to have one.

Google drive - you mean the third largest cloud service? Hardly something that is preventing 95% of the population from switching.

I can give you YouTube, search, Gmail, and MAYBE google maps, but the rest NOT heavily used by the general population and precisely prove my point about how you're putting your own biases on the global population. Yes, I'm sure they each have their own global and million strong user fanbases, but they're a far cry from "the world requires Google".

Edit: Also, Microsoft has publically stated that Microsoft Mobile will be profitable by next year, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say at the end.
The U.S. are using Google apps. U.S. are making all the mainstream popular apps. Having Google apps on WP will mean US people will consider WP, US market share will rise then US developers will be bothered to make apps. Tech sites will praise wp then it will become popular around the world. It's the only option that makes sense if you want WP to succeed.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Search - we have it

plus windows phone ,windows 8.x ,xbox one etc are all unfinished,MS is working hard to merge them into one OS
thats when these google defenders will stop defending google and appreciate and understand why MS took so long

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The U.S. are using Google apps. U.S. are making all the mainstream popular apps. Having Google apps on WP will mean US people will consider WP, US market share will rise then US developers will be bothered to make apps. Tech sites will praise wp then it will become popular around the world. It's the only option that makes sense if you want WP to succeed.

not really very few people in India use google(unless they are young android touters)
i see more people still on yahoo or even the desktop outlook,company email etc(older people and a vast majority of people)
US market isnt even close to India for phones btw
its the 7th in the top marketshare countries
heres a recent article on the same
BBC News - Is the smartphone market approaching maturity?
india is the largest

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
not really very few people in India use google(unless they are young android touters)
i see more people still on yahoo or even the desktop outlook,company email etc(older people and a vast majority of people)
US market isnt even close to India for phones btw
its the 7th in the top marketshare countries
heres a recent article on the same
BBC News - Is the smartphone market approaching maturity?
india is the largest
The average consumer doesn't care because the top apps are made by US developers.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
plus windows phone ,windows 8.x ,xbox one etc are all unfinished,MS is working hard to merge them into one OS
thats when these google defenders will stop defending google and appreciate and understand why MS took so long
The majority of people don't like bing, merging platforms won't fix any of the problems which are limiting WP's market share. We need google not for us but for people who want to switch to WP. Google apps are deal breakers nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa