No official YouTube app. And there never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
See, its your own choice, which OS you prefer. Android is already too much saturated now, you can't expect a major growth. Only a small growth. Whereas WP doesn't have much market share, so even small growth matters for them. Some WP users don't try other OS because they are quite satisfied with it. You can talk of all the app gap you want, but many people are quite satisfied having the basic apps for their needs. I don't see a point why many people think that WP is failing(it has already crossed iPhone sales in 24 countries, that's definitely not a small number).

Talking about services from Microsoft or google, both are good enough, the only thing I don't like that Google only provides services to Android phones only. So people who are craving for Google services have to turn to Android. That's what you call business... Btw all this is mentioned in the previous threads.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Seriously ?
I think your comment was sarcasm
Specially " bing is better than google"

If you don't know ......80%+ users use google and bing is around 5%.
Hardly anyone users bing(only MS strong supporter use bing)

You want to know reality of bing.
just watch last 20 secs of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B759dzymyoc

im not seeing that parody video anyway
my comment isnt sarcasm
google is more of a fad for most of its services,microsoft services are more convenient and better designed
google +,hangouts are a joke thats shoved down everyones throats
microsoft doesnt force you to join skype or socl
apple doesnt force imessage or facetime down your throat

apples iAD and microsofts advertising id have a turn off switch
google forces ads on everyone

google drive website doesnt have a download all option etc
onedrive offers more practicality

gmail is cluttered and confusing
outlook is well designed and easier to use

FYI most apple,ms,yahoo ,facebook users use bing without knowing it
if you use their search etc(siri,yahoo search,cortana,facebook graph) all use bing in the background and its even mentioned on their sites etc-powered by bing

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I think both of you are wrong, as neither is necessarily better (assuming you both live in the US)..

i live in India , i didnt say all ms services were better than google,he said all google services are better than ms
i meant most ms services are better than google and people just havent tried/are unaware of micrsoft services

Danjp

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Seriously ?
I think your comment was sarcasm
Specially " bing is better than google"

If you don't know ......80%+ users use google and bing is around 5%.
Hardly anyone users bing(only MS strong supporter use bing)

You want to know reality of bing.
just watch last 20 secs of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B759dzymyoc
Just because more people use it doesn't make something better. By that logic McDonalds is the best restaurant, since it sells more food than any other restaurant.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Just because more people use it doesn't make something better. By that logic McDonalds is the best restaurant, since it sells more food than any other restaurant.

Yeah! It does. It offer. Supreme quality search both local & international search.

Bing search engine is USA centric.
Users using Bing outside USA are very less.

No body use Bing because nobody like it.
Except - MS fans

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
im not seeing that parody video anyway
my comment isnt sarcasm
google is more of a fad for most of its services,microsoft services are more convenient and better designed
google +,hangouts are a joke thats shoved down everyones throats
microsoft doesnt force you to join skype or socl
apple doesnt force imessage or facetime down your throat

apples iAD and microsofts advertising id have a turn off switch
google forces ads on everyone

google drive website doesnt have a download all option etc
onedrive offers more practicality

gmail is cluttered and confusing
outlook is well designed and easier to use

FYI most apple,ms,yahoo ,facebook users use bing without knowing it
if you use their search etc(siri,yahoo search,cortana,facebook graph) all use bing in the background and its even mentioned on their sites etc-powered by bing

Despite all this nobody use Bing but Google.
I wonder why?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah! It does. It offer. Supreme quality search both local & international search.

Bing search engine is USA centric.
Users using Bing outside USA are very less.

No body use Bing because nobody like it.
Except - MS fans

I've already said that I've been using Google more for than 11 years. I switched to Bing before a few months, just because I found it better. I don't use bing because I am a MS fan! You say nobody uses Bing outside USA, well people use Siri, yahoo, Facebook, so aren't they indirectly using Bing?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Just a small tip to everyone, please ignore a couple of bots here that go by the following names-
D M C
salmanahmed

No use arguing with these, as I said they are bots, post the same wrong things again and again in every thread. Thank you.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Just a small tip to everyone, please ignore a couple of bots here that go by the following names-
D M C
salmanahmed

No use arguing with these, as I said they are bots, post the same wrong things again and again in every thread. Thank you.

I agree with you & welcome.
I here end my post. Thank You...

mandong

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
What WP needs is for MS to offer alternatives to Google services. Buy Dailymotion or Vimeo or something then promote and develop it with their billion$ to compete with Youtube. Outlook.com is already better than Gmail. Skype would be better than Hangouts if not for the free US calls. OneDrive is better than Google Drive.

Unless they are diehard fanboys, what else will stop Android users from switching to WP if MS has the better service alternatives?

Just give me these two on WP, an alternative to Youtube and free phone calls within US and it's goodbye Google for me.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps daily motion or Vimeo could become a viable alternative to YouTube in the near future.

The YouTube app from MS was excellent. Do you remember that we were even able to download YouTube videos for free. But because of google, MS had to withdraw it, too bad...

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Google Maps? HERE maps is as good, if not better.

Google Earth? What would I do with it which I won't be able to do with HERE maps? Seems just a gimmick to me.

Google+, most people use Facebook.

Firefox can be used instead of Chrome and besides IE is better if we talk about Windows tablets.

Google drive, does it have online only files like OneDrive?

Google Notes, never heard of it but there's Evernote and OneNote which you can use on your phone, tablet and laptop.

So really, the only Google service that has no better alternative right now is Youtube.

I just wanted to point out that Google Maps generally has better global coverage, Pakistan for example wasn't supported in HERE maps for me.

Google Earth could be considered not as useful, but is still better than Bing for exploring the planet. But I'll admit that it's not such a big deal.

Google+, we'll "most" people use Facebook but not all. Google+ has become an essential for me and quite a bit of other people, especially those that use YouTube.

If we are talking about Windows Phone here, FireFox is irrelevant because it isn't on Windows Phone. Plus in my experience Chrome is one of the best browsers for both mobile and PC, much more functional and fast than IE.

Google Drive may not be as good as OneDrive, as many of you say, but for those that have their files on Drive they can't magically transfer it to OneDrive.

Google Keep is the same story, if you have a lot of notes on it you can't transfer them. Evernote is terrible on Windows Phone, OneNote is nice though.

mandong

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
We'll uhmm what about Google Maps, Google Earth, Google+, Google Chrome, Google Drive, Google Notes?

Google Maps? HERE maps is as good, if not better.

Google Earth? What would I do with it which I won't be able to do with HERE maps? Seems just a gimmick to me.

Google+, most people use Facebook.

Firefox can be used instead of Chrome and besides IE is better if we talk about Windows tablets.

Google drive, does it have online only files like OneDrive?

Google Notes, never heard of it but there's Evernote and OneNote which you can use on your phone, tablet and laptop.

So really, the only Google service that has no better alternative right now is Youtube

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
The YouTube app from MS was excellent. Do you remember that we were even able to download YouTube videos for free. But because of google, MS had to withdraw it, too bad...
Yeah, they were forcing MS to use html 5 to build the app, whereas the Android and ios apps don't have html 5 code. Evil Google.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've already said that I've been using Google more for than 11 years. I switched to Bing before a few months, just because I found it better. I don't use bing because I am a MS fan! You say nobody uses Bing outside USA, well people use Siri, yahoo, Facebook, so aren't they indirectly using Bing?
Shhhh! Don't tell him that all of those search tools use Bing and not Google. His world may shatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte