No official YouTube app. And there never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, they were forcing MS to use html 5 to build the app, whereas the Android and ios apps don't have html 5 code. Evil Google.

Haha it's what competitors generally do, I'm not saying it's right but it's just the way it is.

Google doesn't need Microsoft services to survive, but Microsoft needs extra revenue from Android and iOS users, whereas Google can survive without Windows Phone and it taking advantage of this.

Haha.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Haha it's what competitors generally do, I'm not saying it's right but it's just the way it is.

Google doesn't need Microsoft services to survive, but Microsoft needs extra revenue from Android and iOS users, whereas Google can survive without Windows Phone and it taking advantage of this.

Haha.

Keep saying that, I know how much important MS Office is for many of my friends in Android. If it wasn't there, half of the crowd would have bought a WP

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to point out that Google Maps generally has better global coverage, Pakistan for example wasn't supported in HERE maps for me.

Google Earth could be considered not as useful, but is still better than Bing for exploring the planet. But I'll admit that it's not such a big deal.

Google+, we'll "most" people use Facebook but not all. Google+ has become an essential for me and quite a bit of other people, especially those that use YouTube.

If we are talking about Windows Phone here, FireFox is irrelevant because it isn't on Windows Phone. Plus in my experience Chrome is one of the best browsers for both mobile and PC, much more functional and fast than IE.

Google Drive may not be as good as OneDrive, as many of you say, but for those that have their files on Drive they can't magically transfer it to OneDrive.

Google Keep is the same story, if you have a lot of notes on it you can't transfer them. Evernote is terrible on Windows Phone, OneNote is nice though.
Pakistan is supported. I just browsed through the country right now. Everything works.

"Google+, we'll "most" people use Facebook but not all" what's the relevance of this statement in your argument? Do you mean to say that those people who don't use Facebook use Google+? Lol. Please go to AC, they will idolise you there.

Chrome= battery drain, proved by WPCENTRAL. And what's wrong with Internet Explorer 11? Give me some valid reasons.

Google drive= sucks.

Google keep= not cross platform. Also, please use the ever note app before commenting. What's wrong with it? Provide reason. OneNote beats Google keep by miles.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Haha.
Oh yeah? What would happen if MS removed Skype from Android,eh? Saying that Google doesn't need Microsoft is totally BS. I bet if MS did that people would throw away their androids for WP/ios.

Hahaha.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

Haha.

dude have you heard yourself,microsoft wants its enterprise base to be happy its not for android "superusers" like you
they already earn a bomb of money thanks to apple using bing as its base for siri and other apple stuff
microsoft also earns because of patents,they license out patents to android ,ios and blackberry
take away the patents and android will collapse
microsoft earns through windows and other server stuff not meagre android where everyone anyways pirates everything
google needs spying and selling data to ad companies to survive,take away android and youtube and google will be a table without legs and the top(yes it spells nothing)
apple ,blackberry and microsoft concentrate more on enterprise which is their bread and butter,even windows phone started out as a "pet-project" of sorts and after a great response,they decided to exand their platforms further

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
@salmanahmed
Or what would happen if they blocked chrome on Windows? Hahaha. Man, you t₹0// to much.

We are talking about Windows Phone, not PC here.

People might install Android on their PCs as its open source.... Hahaha, lol

What is so funny about that?

Pakistan is supported. I just browsed through the country right now. Everything works.

"Google+, we'll "most" people use Facebook but not all" what's the relevance of this statement in your argument? Do you mean to say that those people who don't use Facebook use Google+? Lol. Please go to AC, they will idolise you there.
Chrome= battery drain, proved by WPCENTRAL. And what's wrong with Internet Explorer 11? Give me some valid reasons.

Google drive= sucks.

Google keep= not cross platform. Also, please use the ever note app before commenting. What's wrong with it? Provide reason. OneNote beats Google keep by miles.

Nice, Pakistan is supported. I'll try it out on my laptop in a little while, is there is a HERE maps app for Windows 8 I could try out? +1 Nokia/Microsoft!

The relevance about the Google+ question was that there are people out there that use Google+ alongside Facebook, and not having G+ would be no go for those people.

Especially because Google+ integrates with YouTube I get notifications if someone replies to my comments, not to mention all the awesome circles I've joined, so Google+ is important to people.

I'm talking about mobile here, not PC. But simply put Chrome generally performs better, switches tabs faster, has better animations, supports more search engines, built in translation of pages in a different language, syncs better with my PC.

As far as battery usage goes, at least on my Android device because I am discussing mobile here not PC, I use Chrome quite a bit and it takes up only 2% of my battery:

1412007817750.jpg

On my laptop as well it hasn't taken up too much battery compared to IE, and the performance IMO is much better.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
We are talking about Windows Phone, not PC here.

What is so funny about that?

Nice, Pakistan is supported. I'll try it out on my laptop in a little while, is there is a HERE maps app for Windows 8 I could try out? +1 Nokia/Microsoft!

The relevance about the Google+ question was that there are people out there that use Google+ alongside Facebook, and not having G+ would be no go for those people.

Especially because Google+ integrates with YouTube I get notifications if someone replies to my comments, not to mention all the awesome circles I've joined, so Google+ is important to people.

I'm talking about mobile here, not PC. But simply put Chrome generally performs better, switches tabs faster, has better animations, supports more search engines, built in translation of pages in a different language, syncs better with my PC.

As far as battery usage goes, at least on my Android device because I am discussing mobile here not PC, I use Chrome quite a bit and it takes up only 2% of my battery:

View attachment 82830

On my laptop as well it hasn't taken up too much battery compared to IE, and the performance IMO is much better.

No we are talking about google here & you know that on desktop Google is no where! Now its our time to say windows(desktop) has a better security, more apps & games than chrome OS has, a lot better features.

elitejedimaster

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh look, the OS holy wars have returned, only this time on phones. I remember the holy wars of the late 1990's when Linux was fresh, Windows was easy to BSOD with a Ping of Death. Macintosh was still System 7-8-9 being run on PowerPC chips and NetWare ruled file server operations.

Please let's just agree that we use what we want to use. I use WinPhone, and I'm happy with it. If my wife decided she wanted to go back to an Android, I'd support her decision. Each OS has its own kitsch. Deal with it. If you don't like what you see, move along or make your own.

mandong

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I just wanted to point out that Google Maps generally has better global coverage, Pakistan for example wasn't supported in HERE maps for me.

Google Earth could be considered not as useful, but is still better than Bing for exploring the planet. But I'll admit that it's not such a big deal.

Google+, we'll "most" people use Facebook but not all. Google+ has become an essential for me and quite a bit of other people, especially those that use YouTube.

If we are talking about Windows Phone here, FireFox is irrelevant because it isn't on Windows Phone. Plus in my experience Chrome is one of the best browsers for both mobile and PC, much more functional and fast than IE.

Google Drive may not be as good as OneDrive, as many of you say, but for those that have their files on Drive they can't magically transfer it to OneDrive.

Google Keep is the same story, if you have a lot of notes on it you can't transfer them. Evernote is terrible on Windows Phone, OneNote is nice though.

The thing with Google Maps is you have to be online and you could end up paying more for your data usage compared to if you just buy an offline map or GPS navigation unit. Yes, you can save maps now but only if you know first hand where you're going.

For Google+, I guess there are more Android users using Facebook than Google+ so that should be alright. As you said, people use Google+ but not all.

Google Chrome, sorry I didn't know they have it on WP.

Google Drive, you can use Multicld to move files from Gdrive to OneDrive.

Google Keep, I guess since Evernote and OneNote came out first, more people will have more notes on these two than on Keep?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
No we are talking about google here & you know that on desktop Google is no where! Now its our time to say windows(desktop) has a better security, more apps & games than chrome OS has, a lot better features.

I would just like to say, what most WP users say when people compare Android with Windows Phone.

Chrome OS was launched years after Windows, give it time to mature.

Moving on you can't say Google is nowhere on desktop...Google search and YouTube are more popular than any MS alternative.

But we we're supposed to discuss phones here, not PCs.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh look, the OS holy wars have returned, only this time on phones. I remember the holy wars of the late 1990's when Linux was fresh, Windows was easy to BSOD with a Ping of Death. Macintosh was still System 7-8-9 being run on PowerPC chips and NetWare ruled file server operations.

Please let's just agree that we use what we want to use. I use WinPhone, and I'm happy with it. If my wife decided she wanted to go back to an Android, I'd support her decision. Each OS has its own kitsch. Deal with it. If you don't like what you see, move along or make your own.

I definitely agree with you, but some people just won't understand that.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I would just like to say, what most WP users say when people compare Android with Windows Phone.

Chrome OS was launched years after Windows, give it time to mature.

Moving on you can't say Google is nowhere on desktop...Google search and YouTube are more popular than any MS alternative.

But we we're supposed to discuss phones here, not PCs.

dude chrome os is a joke
compared to any OS
time to mature?itll never take off
dont compare to wp,windows phone brings innovative design etc to the table,chrome brings "closedness" and limit to an open source os
theres a reason even steam os and elementary os which came after chrome os are still more popular

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I definitely agree with you, but some people just won't understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo