No official YouTube app. And there never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
But if no one knows they are using bing than no one will care. If Microsoft doesn't make it clear for people to realise they are using bing. No one will care. But people who knowingly use bing.com are either forced to by the WP search button or they hate google. DMC is right

next time you use those services look down youll see- powered by bing

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
So everyone searching with Siri or searching on Facebook only do so because they hate Google? You do know that those two services use Bing and not Google, right?

Poor DMC. He's been using Bing and didn't even know it.

I don't have any facebook account neither own any Apple device.
Yeah! I have used Bing and it's quality ........not good enough for me.

Lets end this childish discussion here.
You like Bing and MS services and I prefer Google over MS services.

It not necessary that everyone like same thing.

Now back to topic "YouTube"

What was we discussing about YouTube?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The only reason you use Bing is that you hate Google.
This applied to many other users too.

Quality has nothing to do with

it's just about hate.

I like Bing. I hate google but my choice to use Bing is based on personal preference. Bing results are more cleaner with useful options in the result window. It is why I choose to use Bing. I think I hate goole's current leadership. It wasn't always this way with them until they began to try to buy up all of the internet and its services. Then they became the (R)icks they've become.

mandong

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

it's just about hate.

Actually, quality is the main reason why I use Bing. By using Bing, I can help improve Cortana's search. As Cortana's search gets better, I'll benefit more. Another reason I like Bing is the background image that changes daily. :cool:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah? Come to India, Africa, and China were the majority of the population lives, and you'll discover that most aren't connected to the internet. The US isn't the whole world, you know. Spyware? Malware? Use Windows 8 or higher. Has built in defender, and security level is far far higher than XP, vista or 7. I've been using Windows since 2002(95 was my first OS) and have never encountered a virus problem. I used to have Norton earlier, but since installing Windows8 3 years back, no antivirus. And no viruses either. Also the no. Of infected Android phones is larger than the no. Of infected PCs. Just so you know, open source OS s are less secure. Chrome OS is based on Linux.

No need to argue with him. That story always makes me smile when I read it and makes me think just how senile some are in tech. Its like Windows has stood still while being attacked by killer bees. lol. I personally haven't to battle a virus on any of my systems for years. Nor has any of my family, all of whom run Windows 8.1. That's an old, worn out mac head talking point. If you keep your OS updated and be smart about where you go on the net, you'll be safe. Those that should worry are those still running Windows XP, but the vast majority of us don't have to worry like that. If tech has you that frightened I say stay off the net.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
No need to argue with him. That story always makes me smile when I read it and makes me think just how senile some are in tech. Its like Windows has stood still while being attacked by killer bees. lol. I personally haven't to battle a virus on any of my systems for years. Nor has any of my family, all of whom run Windows 8.1. That's an old, worn out mac head talking point. If you keep your OS updated and be smart about where you go on the net, you'll be safe. Those that should worry are those still running Windows XP, but the vast majority of us don't have to worry like that. If tech has you that frightened I say stay off the net.

You are correct. I have used windows 2000, millennium, xp, vista & now have 7. I never got a virus even when I never had an anti virus in my PC. I am using torrents from last 5 years, still haven't got any virus. I might suggest that if someone has a problem using Windows, we all are free to switch to Mac, Linux, Ubuntu etc. Its a personal choice what we want to use

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Google will make an official YouTube app for Windows Phone. Not only that, but they'll also make one for Gmail, Maps, Google+, Hangouts, Docs and Drive. I don't have any insider information or anything, but it boils down to Google's incentives.

Yes, Google wants Android to take over everything, i.e. phones, tablets, PCs, televisions, cars, etc. But pushing Android in of itself is not the aim, the aim is to broaden the data collection web as far and wide as possible. Whatever Windows Phone's market share, there will be a time when over *100 million* people will use WP devices. If the 15+ new OEMs succeed in terms of sales, that time could be quite soon.

There's no way a company such as Google would not have tabs on some 100 million people all over the world. In fact, that would create the existence of a dark zone that no other company akin to Google would ignore. While advertising is their core objective, there is another market brewing for collecting and interpreting consumer data.

Note, I'm not saying Google would offer first class experiences on Windows Phone, but it will ultimately offer enough to keep people signed in and using its services. You just don't ignore 100 000 000 individuals.

mandong

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
But if no one knows they are using bing than no one will care. If Microsoft doesn't make it clear for people to realise they are using bing. No one will care.

That would actually be good for Bing with all the propaganda floating around that it's inferior to Google. If people don't know that they're actually using Bing, then they won't care what search engine they're using as long as they get the results they want. Before people know it, more and more will be using Bing.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

it's just about hate.

I use Bing because I can't trust Google to give me the best search results...

When I search for products on Google, it's all paid advertising. It's been that way in the US since 2012:

Google Product Search To Become Google Shopping, Use Pay-To-Play Model

And it's been that way in 11 more countries since 2013:

Google Switches To Paid Shopping Results In 11 New Countries

I know that you don't like being confused with facts, but it's time to stop drinking the Google kool-aid.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I use Bing because I can't trust Google to give me the best search results...

When I search for products on Google, it's all paid advertising. It's been that way in the US since 2012:

Google Product Search To Become Google Shopping, Use Pay-To-Play Model

And it's been that way in 11 more countries since 2013:

Google Switches To Paid Shopping Results In 11 New Countries

I know that you don't like being confused with facts, but it's time to stop drinking the Google kool-aid.

Obviously I agree with you. & there's no need to clarify why you use it, many of us use Bing. You already know the reasons.

Once again, thanks for the links.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
omg dude
did you know bing is actually excellent to use even in India etc
stop generalising

Not 100% sure on that. Bing image search still leaves much to be desired imo. Both fall short on excellence on a few things, but I've chosen bing since it happens to be good enough 95% of the time.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
"Everyone knows Skype sucks on both platforms anyway"
Same goes to Android buddy, sucks big time. Everybody knows Android sucks anyway.
99% of people using Skype disagree with you.
I've used the Skype app on Windows Phone and the one on Android and I'll honestly say this.

The WP version is better designed but painfully slow and slower to update and get the latest features, it often did crash as well at times.

The Android doesn't "look" like it's as polished but it's way faster and often gets updated faster as well.

Just my opinion.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
What did you desire in your search results?

Nearly anything I searched for on Bing, Google did better for images. Especially when it comes to more anime/manga related searches. But it goes beyond that. I feel Google is more solid on their search algorithms, or whatever drives it.

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Back about YouTube: I usually watch videos in IE with the mobile version and I'm fine with it; but when it comes to watch embedded videos in other full web sites is a pain, because IE crashes when I tap the play button 3 times out of 4.
Any solution to this?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Back about YouTube: I usually watch videos in IE with the mobile version and I'm fine with it; but when it comes to watch embedded videos in other full web sites is a pain, because IE crashes when I tap the play button 3 times out of 4.
Any solution to this?

download youtube HD
YouTube HD | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
best youtube app after microsofts(now pulled) youtube app
even metrotube is nice but its paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss