09-29-2014 12:45 PM
83 1234
tools
    First of all megapixels are just part of an equation, just because one camera has more megapixels than another doesn't mean it's better, in fact putting more megapixels on a smaller sensor starts to degrade quality. .
    not true at all, do you even understand how the pureview technology works? its not just a name,its a huuuge thing for photos

basically it takes a 41MP shot and downscales it to a lower resolution (5MP i think) which beats every other phone camera by a very very large margin,in fact its often considered a mini DSLR of sorts

once again i again feel you havent used the pureview tech on a 808 pureview or a 1020 or you would have understood that your comment is invalid in this situation
    09-29-2014 07:20 AM
    First of all megapixels are just part of an equation, just because one camera has more megapixels than another doesn't mean it's better, in fact putting more megapixels on a smaller sensor starts to degrade quality.

My thread was shaped as a question to simply ask people what they thought, I didn't bring Android into the equation nor did I say that the iPhone 6 had a better camera.

I also did not bring the 925 into this thread, but since you mentioned it a camera comparison conducted by WPCentral itself found that the 925 couldn't beat an iPhone 5S.

http://m.windowscentral.com/camera-s...and-lumia-1020

Please don't bring things that aren't on topic and embarrass yourself in all threads.
    I know all this. You never said that iPhone 6 had a better camera? If so, then this thread wouldn't have existed! Megapixels doesn't matter? Its the primary thing that matters in a phone. An 8 mp camera could only beat a 10mp camera, if that camera is crap! Aperture matters for low light photography, lower aperture means the camera allows more light, but at the same time, more lower aperture results into softer images. Megapixels doesn't matter to you? Huh? A human eye has 571 Megapixels, so it might definitely happen that after some time you might even consider a phone better than a human eye. You don't even think while speaking! As always arguing has always been futile in EVERY THREAD
    09-29-2014 07:32 AM
    not true at all, do you even understand how the pureview technology works? its not just a name,its a huuuge thing for photos

basically it takes a 41MP shot and downscales it to a lower resolution (5MP i think) which beats every other phone camera by a very very large margin,in fact its often considered a mini DSLR of sorts

once again i again feel you havent used the pureview tech on a 808 pureview or a 1020 or you would have understood that your comment is invalid in this situation
    Did I insult the Pureview technology or say that it was a gimmick? No!

I know how the 1020 camera works, it takes two photos one 41 megapixel photo and supersamples by combining the pixels into a 5MP photo, essentially creating things such as "superpixels."

But my point was different, megapixels aren't everything in photography, putting more and more megapixels in a camera sensor that is constrained in size starts degrading quality.

I never said megapixels aren't important, I said that they are only part of what makes a camera great.

Learn to read properly before criticizing.

I know all this. You never said that iPhone 6 had a better camera? If so, then this thread wouldn't have existed! Megapixels doesn't matter? Its the primary thing that matters in a phone. An 8 mp camera could only beat a 10mp camera, if that camera is crap! Aperture matters for low light photography, lower aperture means the camera allows more light, but at the same time, more lower aperture results into softer images. Megapixels doesn't matter to you? Huh? A human eye has 571 Megapixels, so it might definitely happen that after some time you might even consider a phone better than a human eye. You don't even think while speaking! As always arguing has always been futile in EVERY THREAD
    The thread was to discuss the authenticity of the test that we're conducted, not because I said that iPhone had a better camera, read the ******* thread again.

And secondly I said that megapixels we're only one part of a great camera, *PART*, I never said they weren't important, goddamit read it properly.

Apart from just megapixels, sensor size, how sensitive the sensor can get(ISO), the quality of glass used on it, the focusing mechanism, the aperture, etc together make up a great camera.

You can't just simply say that one camera is better than another just because of how many megapixels it has, that's an ignorant statement.

Again learn to read.
    09-29-2014 08:26 AM
    Ok things are staying to get personal and heated in here with bickering. Stay on topic and discuss your points properly without resorting to personal attacks or meaningless of topic posts. If this thread requires any more moderation it will be closed.
    Last edited by Muessig; 09-29-2014 at 08:47 AM.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-29-2014 08:33 AM
    Ok things are staying to get personal and heated in here with bickering. Stay on topic and discuss your points properly without resorting to personal attacks or meaningless of topic posts. If this thread requires any more moderation it will be closed.
    Just close the thread, the title of this thread itself shouts that.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-29-2014 09:06 AM

I know how the 1020 camera works, it takes two photos one 41 megapixel photo and supersamples by combining the pixels into a 5MP photo, essentially creating things such as "superpixels."

But my point was different, megapixels aren't everything in photography, putting more and more megapixels in a camera sensor that is constrained in size starts degrading quality.

I never said megapixels aren't important, I said that they are only part of what makes a camera great.

The thread was to discuss the authenticity of the test that we're conducted, not because I said that iPhone had a better camera, read the ******* thread again.

And secondly I said that megapixels we're only one part of a great camera, *PART*, I never said they weren't important, goddamit read it properly.

Apart from just megapixels, sensor size, how sensitive the sensor can get(ISO), the quality of glass used on it, the focusing mechanism, the aperture, etc together make up a great camera.

You can't just simply say that one camera is better than another just because of how many megapixels it has, that's an ignorant statement.

Again learn to read.
    Iso, shutter speed, aperture are secondary things. Megapixels are the primary ones. Now at least I hope you understand the difference between primary & secondary. If there's 1 damn thing WP is good for(according to wp haters like you), its camera. More megapixels, more resolution, more clear photos, is it so hard to understand it?

As you are a 14 year old, I don't expect much from you, carry on with your rubbish.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-29-2014 09:12 AM
    Just a small tip to everyone, please ignore a couple of bots here that go by the following names-
    D M C
    salmanahmed

No use arguing with these, as I said they are bots, post the same wrong things again and again in every thread. Thank you.
    09-29-2014 09:44 AM
    Iso, shutter speed, aperture are secondary things. Megapixels are the primary ones. Now at least I hope you understand the difference between primary & secondary. If there's 1 damn thing WP is good for(according to wp haters like you), its camera. More megapixels, more resolution, more clear photos, is it so hard to understand it?

As you are a 14 year old, I don't expect much from you, carry on with your rubbish.
    Megapixels are *PRIMARY* to *YOU*.

You continuously misquote me and refuse to believe that more isn't always better, especially when its proven that if you keep putting more and more megapixels on a small sensor quality is degraded, capture speed is reduced and the bulk of the device increases.

There are people who would prefer a fast camera that captures ample detail(HTC One), then there are people that want a balance between speed an quality(iPhone 5S), then there are people who are willing to sacrifice some speed for extra megapixels(Lumia 1520)(Xperia Z1/Z2/Z3) and eventually come the people that have the time and need more resolution(Lumia 1020).

Then there are people who want to photograph in lowlight, where more sensitive and higher aperture cameras come into play, like the Lumia 925 and in low light environments a less sharp image is acceptable because zooming isn't as important.

Megapixels are part of an equation to make a great smartphone, or a great camera in general, it's not the primary factor in a great smartphone sensor.

And lastly more megapixels wouldn't translate into a better image always, taking into account all other things, and it also always wouldn't mean a sharper image because of sensor size constraint.

And sensitive sensors are also important depending on what you are taking an image of of a subject in bright light(lower ISO is better) and if you are shooting in lowlight (higher ISO) once again.

To my knowledge the lowest ISO on phones has been consistenly on iPhone, it can drop to around ISO 32 and the highest I've seen is on a Xperia Z1(or Z2?) which was around ISO 6400, but ISO also depends on how big the sensor is because other than that it would just result in a noisier image.

I know all this because I have experience with smartphone and photography in general, here are a few images I've taken with a Lumia 520 by editing the shutter speed, ISO and exposure:

1412006994558.jpg
    1412007014067.jpg

Get your facts straight.

And as far as my age goes, age doesn't define intelligence, don't become personal.
    09-29-2014 10:10 AM

Again learn to read.
    You said the pureview sensor in 1020 was < than iPhone 6
    Sounds wrong to me
    09-29-2014 10:11 AM
    Megapixels are *PRIMARY* to *YOU*.

You continuously misquote me and refuse to believe that more isn't always better, especially when its proven that if you keep putting more and more megapixels on a small sensor quality is degraded, capture speed is reduced and the bulk of the device increases.

There are people who would prefer a fast camera that captures ample detail(HTC One), then there are people that want a balance between speed an quality(iPhone 5S), then there are people who are willing to sacrifice some speed for extra megapixels(Lumia 1520)(Xperia Z1/Z2/Z3) and eventually come the people that have the time and need more resolution(Lumia 1020).

Then there are people who want to photograph in lowlight, where more sensitive and higher aperture cameras come into play, like the Lumia 925 and in low light environments a less sharp image is acceptable because zooming isn't as important.

Megapixels are part of an equation to make a great smartphone, or a great camera in general, it's not the primary factor in a great smartphone sensor.

And lastly more megapixels wouldn't translate into a better image always, taking into account all other things, and it also always wouldn't mean a sharper image because of sensor size constraint.

And sensitive sensors are also important depending on what you are taking an image of of a subject in bright light(lower ISO is better) and if you are shooting in lowlight (higher ISO) once again.

To my knowledge the lowest ISO on phones has been consistenly on iPhone, it can drop to around ISO 32 and the highest I've seen is on a Xperia Z1(or Z2?) which was around ISO 6400, but ISO also depends on how big the sensor is because other than that it would just result in a noisier image.

I know all this because I have experience with smartphone and photography in general, here are a few images I've taken with a Lumia 520 by editing the shutter speed, ISO and exposure:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1412006994558.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	82812
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1412007014067.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	82813

Get your facts straight.
    You obviously haven't used ms camera app,it is fast unlike nokia camera
    09-29-2014 10:12 AM
    I apologize I didn't mean to start a war but some people on this forum always try to find faults with my threads to accuse me of being a fanboy.

My original post was asking people on feedback for the test, and someone gave me a link to a better test and I thanked them.

Again, I apologize if I've done something wrong.

Just a small tip to everyone, please ignore a couple of bots here that go by the following names-
    D M C
    salmanahmed

No use arguing with these, as I said they are bots, post the same wrong things again and again in every thread. Thank you.
    Eh if anyone is the bot here, it's you you've been constantly posting this crap though out the different forums.
    09-29-2014 10:14 AM
    He doesn't even have a Lumia, no use arguing, he will always be "status quo".
    09-29-2014 10:15 AM
    I've used MS camera, it uses single shot autofocus and is still slower than continuous autofocus, or the newer phase detection and laser autofocus.

Again I have experience with photography, look at my post and read it fully.

I've managed to take great images from a Lumia, iPhone and Android and I talk from knowledge and experience.
    09-29-2014 10:17 AM
    I've used MS camera, it uses single shot autofocus and is still slower than continuous autofocus, or the newer phase detection and laser autofocus.

I've managed to take great images from a Lumia, iPhone and Android and I talk from knowledge and experience.
    Have you used MS camera on Denim, which is the latest version of the OS? No. You don't have a Lumia, so stop arguing. If people have dev preview, the camera app win obviously be slower without the right firmware.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-29-2014 10:20 AM
    I apologize I didn't mean to start a war but some people on this forum always try to find faults with my threads to accuse me of being a fanboy.
    So you should do a bit of self evaluation. Why do all the people here try to find faults in your thread/posts. Why? If you could think, I've already answered this question numerous times in my other posts.
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    09-29-2014 10:28 AM
    Have you used MS camera on Denim, which is the latest version of the OS? No. You don't have a Lumia, so stop arguing. If people have dev preview, the camera app win obviously be slower without the right firmware.
    Doesn't matter, he won't understand.
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    09-29-2014 10:29 AM
    So you should do a bit of self evaluation. Why do all the people here try to find faults in your thread/posts. Why? If you could think, I've already answered this question numerous times in my other posts.
    +100000000000......infinity
    psoham777 likes this.
    09-29-2014 10:32 AM
    Is Denim available yet for my 520? How can I argue on the basis of an app that hasn't even been released yet?

I mean Google is boasting about an 8 Megapixel burst mode in Android L for Nexus 5, but you don't see me talking about it, BECAUSE IT HASN'T ******* BEEN RELEASED YET.

Furthermore Nokia removed the 4S exposure time for non Purview devices like the 520, which essentially killed any good lowlight photography I could do with the device(like I did in the photo in the previous page).

Yes you've given me flawed answers in the past where you had no idea about what jailbreaking or rooting was, you thought that HTC One was a copy of iPhone, and then you believe megapixels are everything in photography.

You have very basic knowledge of most matters, no matter what your age is.

You still haven't been able to prove my post about photography in my last page.

The reason why you people find faults with my threads is because I can be critical of Windows Phone at times, something you can't handle.
    09-29-2014 10:33 AM

^^this i dont believe

ohh and on my nexus 5,google camera takes wayyy longer to focus than any of my lumias
    the fastest shutter in phones is in iphone and in BB10 certainly not android

https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourc...20slow%20focus

there you go
    09-29-2014 10:43 AM
    ^^this i dont believe

ohh and on my nexus 5,google camera takes wayyy longer to focus than any of my lumias
    the fastest shutter in phones is in iphone and in BB10 certainly not android
    No relation of a Nexus 5 here, NONE AT ALL.

I would have shared a few photos I've taken with perfect focus on my Nexus like I shared some photos taken with my 520, but this thread is NOT about Nexus 5.

Stop taking it OT.
    09-29-2014 10:45 AM
    No relation of a Nexus 5 here, NONE AT ALL.

I would have shared a few photos I've taken with perfect focus on my Nexus like I shared some photos taken with my 520, but this thread is NOT about Nexus 5.

Stop taking it OT.
    says the guy who took it OT
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    09-29-2014 10:49 AM
    says the guy who took it OT
    I made the thread asking people for their opinion.

You and Psoham started attacking me without reading the post.

I did not take it OT, you did. I merely defended my position, and psoham has still failed to come up with a reply of my post 2 pages ago. Clearly speaks wonders of how much he knows about photography.
    09-29-2014 10:51 AM
    I made the thread asking people for their opinion.

You and Psoham started attacking me without reading the post.

I did not take it OT, you did. I merely defended my position, and psoham has still failed to come up with a reply of my post 2 pages ago. Clearly speaks wonders of how much he knows about photography.
    you did take it OT and you started a flame war by saying stuff which was untrue
    you went on to say iphones have better cameras etc
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    09-29-2014 10:55 AM
    Is Denim available yet for my 520? How can I argue on the basis of an app that hasn't even been released yet?

I mean Google is boasting about an 8 Megapixel burst mode in Android L for Nexus 5, but you don't see me talking about it, BECAUSE IT HASN'T ******* BEEN RELEASED YET.

Furthermore Nokia removed the 4S exposure time for non Purview devices like the 520, which essentially killed any good lowlight photography I could do with the device(like I did in the photo in the previous page).

Yes you've given me flawed answers in the past where you had no idea about what jailbreaking or rooting was, you thought that HTC One was a copy of iPhone, and then you believe megapixels are everything in photography.

You have very basic knowledge of most matters, no matter what your age is.

You still haven't been able to prove my post about photography in my last page.

The reason why you people find faults with my threads is because I can be critical of Windows Phone at times, something you can't handle.
    Do you have any devices which have come up with android L? Lumia denim is now officially out as 730/735/830 have already been launched.
    You say 520 should have pureview, wow, & what about the price? If price is more of a WP, you complain, if it doesn't have pureview, you complain. Well if 520 had all the features & pureview technology, nobody would buy a high end phone.
    I don't have the idea of jailbreaking or rooting? Are you really serious? I've been using more phones, from a very long time.
    Talking about rooting. You say rooting unlocks more features for android, well a phone running ics might easily get jelly bean or kitkat, but do you know how many times, it would hang? Do you have any idea. You are just a 14 yr old.
    I have used more Symbian phones, meego, maemo, seen all this different OSes in different phones. Its you who don't know what was android like when it first came. You didn't even knew that Samsung s2 counterparts were banned because it copied an iPhone. You didn't even accept that there are so many Androids with iPhone look alikes. You say androids are faster? Well someone kind enough can anyone explain me, how does a laggy phone be faster? Androids security is the best even when It gets a virus. Huh? Android phones are not power hungry even when a note 3 lags. The Android phones which lag don't form all of the android according to you. WOW. You don't know anything & age does matter. Because I don't expect more from a 14 yr old. Go ahead with your crap.
    S Vaibhav and Karthik Naik like this.
    09-29-2014 11:03 AM
    you did take it OT and you started a flame war by saying stuff which was untrue
    you went on to say iphones have better cameras etc
    I *NEVER* said that iPhone had a better camera, I merely pointed out what different types of cameras are good for and why megapixels aren't everything.

Do you have any devices which have come up with android L? Lumia denim is now officially out as 730/735/830 have already been launched.
    You say 520 should have pureview, wow, & what about the price? If price is more of a WP, you complain, if it doesn't have pureview, you complain. Well if 520 had all the features & pureview technology, nobody would buy a high end phone.
    I don't have the idea of jailbreaking or rooting? Are you really serious? I've been using more phones, from a very long time.
    Talking about rooting. You say rooting unlocks more features for android, well a phone running ics might easily get jelly bean or kitkat, but do you know how many times, it would hang? Do you have any idea. You are just a 14 yr old.
    I have used more Symbian phones, meego, maemo, seen all this different OSes in different phones. Its you who don't know what was android like when it first came. You didn't even knew that Samsung s2 counterparts were banned because it copied an iPhone. You didn't even accept that there are so many Androids with iPhone look alikes. You say androids are faster? Well someone kind enough can anyone explain me, how does a laggy phone be faster? Androids security is the best even when It gets a virus. Huh? Android phones are not power hungry even when a note 3 lags. The Android phones which lag don't form all of the android according to you. WOW. You don't know anything & age does matter. Because I don't expect more from a 14 yr old. Go ahead with your crap.
    Oh my God.

Why do you repeat the same crap on ******* threads that have nothing to do with this type of thing. I'm not going to take the time to answer the rest of your crap.

But in your first sentence you said that I wanted Pureview in 520, no I didn't say that.

I said that people like you count on updates to improve the camera experience, an update called Lumia Cyan(or possibly a Nokia Camera update) ruined lowlight photography on my 520 because of removing the 4S shutter speed. Learn to ******* read.
    09-29-2014 11:18 AM
83 1234