The iPhone 6 beats the Lumia 1020 in camera tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saboganunes

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Welll ...agree & but Im disapointed...
Please help! I have with my 1020 a terrible fan noise while I am recording with the camera. I'tried to find help & I am about to think that getting a 1020 was a bad idea. What about alternatives like IP? Tkyou

saboganunes

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Before I had an N8 it worked wonderfully until (because I used it sooooo much) the usb conector got broken. No noise while recording with it. Just wonderful!

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm constantly amazed at all these 'camera tests'..

The only question should be, "Which one has the best image quality?"... That would be the Lumia 1020.... tests over...

All this BS about focus speed and low light performance is stupid. I don't think that a professional photographer worries about the length of time it takes to auto focus. They use MANUAL focus for a reason. Plus for low light, they would again use the manual controls.
The Lumias are really the only phones that offer such great, fine control. others do too, but just not up to Nokia's standard...

A snapshot is what nearly all phone users want. Fot that reason, choose ANY phone and it will give you just that...

Felix Bank

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
All this BS about focus speed and low light performance is stupid. I don't think that a professional photographer worries about the length of time it takes to auto focus. They use MANUAL focus for a reason. Plus for low light, they would again use the manual controls.

Focus speed and low light performance is actually very important. DSLR shooters highly appreciate both these factors. The latest Pro Nikon/Canon DSLRs go upwards of 200,000 ISO and yea that shot would be full of noise, but it means a photo shot at 5000 ISO would be perfectly usable. That's down to better sensor technology. And fast auto focus lens speeds are vital in Sports photography, or anything similar with erratic subjects.

As with anything tech, the specs will either mean a lot, or very little to people. But they do show technical advances as products evolve.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Appreciate your points, but the BS I was referring to is PHONE cameras..

Obviously if you are going to photograph sports events, or any other high speed action, your first thought is not going to be, "I'll buy a Lumia 635..".
You would buy a pro camera designed for the job. Same with any other 'pro' photo situations. you won't buy a phone, you would putchase a Nikon or the like. Designed specifically for taking high quality shots.

Phones on cameras are a great convenience, but quoting speed of focus, focal lengths or low light perfromance is moot.... A phone is an all round device, so quality of photos is going to be variable.

Felix Bank

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Appreciate your points, but the BS I was referring to is PHONE cameras..

Obviously if you are going to photograph sports events, or any other high speed action, your first thought is not going to be, "I'll buy a Lumia 635..".
You would buy a pro camera designed for the job. Same with any other 'pro' photo situations. you won't buy a phone, you would putchase a Nikon or the like. Designed specifically for taking high quality shots.

Phones on cameras are a great convenience, but quoting speed of focus, focal lengths or low light perfromance is moot.... A phone is an all round device, so quality of photos is going to be variable.

Correct but the same applies to "Phone" cameras too, because other manufactures are showing that it is possible to have a fast camera, with fast focus, and low light capabilities.

The difference would be missing that perfect shot because the camera software took too long to start, getting blurry images cause it missed the focus, or getting a grain fest cause the camera sensor is rubbish in low light situations.

DSLR or Smartphone camera, all the above would make for much less keepers.

Just to go back to DSLRs, I have an old D200. Great with a nice lens in lit conditions, but don't bother if you have to use anything above 800 ISO.

This is why camera's specs, what ever the device, is very important.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
How does this have anything to do with Android?

But I'm not talking about Android here, nor have I said that the tests looked genuine to me, I just wanted the opinion of what Windows Phone users thought of this.

I'm willing to wait for some more detailed camera comparisons that will come soon.

But this thread has nothing to do with whether I like Android or not.

If the tests didn't look genuine, why even to bother post it here, so that people can curse you?
You didn't talk of Android, but now more & more people are learning that you are an Android fan i.e wp hater

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
wow you really hate windows phone and really believe in these "experts"

Read my post again, I asked for your impressions of the test and to get some feedback, I didn't say that I believed the tests to be true nor did I say I hated Windows Phone.

If the tests didn't look genuine, why even to bother post it here, so that people can curse you?
You didn't talk of Android, but now more & more people are learning that you are an Android fan i.e wp hater

Oh my God, I wanted to ask the Windows Phone community about what they thought about this, I ended the title of this thread with a question mark and read my post again.

No one has yet cursed me, I've gotten some pretty interesting links for better camera comparisons between the iPhone and Lumia devices.

And your ending statement has *ZERO* relevance in this thread, cry me a river about it for all I care.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The best way to determine how close the IPhone 6 to the Lumia 1020 is using GSMARENA.com tool
Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com
Make sure to scale the picture to 8mp or to 5mp. :D

In my opinion the IPhone 6 is amazingly close but not quite. although the Slow-mo / Panorama/ video focusing are all admittedly better on the IPhone 6.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Read my post again, I asked for your impressions of the test and to get some feedback, I didn't say that I believed the tests to be true nor did I say I hated Windows Phone.

Oh my God, I wanted to ask the Windows Phone community about what they thought about this, I ended the title of this thread with a question mark and read my post again.

No one has yet cursed me, I've gotten some pretty interesting links for better camera comparisons between the iPhone and Lumia devices.

And your ending statement has *ZERO* relevance in this thread, cry me a river about it for all I care.

What impressions you want? What feedback? That all this is crap, haven't enough of them posted here. See internet is a huge place of all this crap, doesn't mean anyone starts posting such results which is a total rubbish. I can't say who've cursed you. People think differently & post here differently(without offensive words)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
What impressions you want? What feedback? That all this is crap, haven't enough of them posted here. See internet is a huge place of all this crap, doesn't mean anyone starts posting such results which is a total rubbish. I can't say who've cursed you. People think differently & post here differently(without offensive words)

I didn't know of the PureView Club before I asked you guys, I thank Sonu K for that and I've also gotten a whole lot of other resources for camera comparisons.

Simply because I gave you a link, you could Email the writer of the article that he's wrong.

I brought attention to the article and asked for your insight, I don't see how that is wrong.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
People's lives today revolve around cameras on phones.
I don't care. The camera on my 1520 is just a bonus.

I would still rather carry my bulky Nikon D7000.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The PureView link was a much truer test than the one posted by OP. It showed how accurate the focus is on the new iPhone, but how solid the Lumia phones are. Typically more detail. And rightly the 1020 is the best camera but the iPhone does put on a good show.

Hopefully Denim can speed up the camera apps to iPhone performance and add those 4K features. I'd love it if Microsoft can somehow remove the focus seeking in video that goes on with the Lumia's too.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The best way to determine how close the IPhone 6 to the Lumia 1020 is using GSMARENA.com tool
Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com
Make sure to scale the picture to 8mp or to 5mp. :D

In my opinion the IPhone 6 is amazingly close but not quite. although the Slow-mo / Panorama/ video focusing are all admittedly better on the IPhone 6.

That is a really useful tool and pulls out something I noticed on the first comparison shots I saw elsewhere: The iPhone 6 has a LOT more noise than any of the Lumia cameras. I guess they are trying to leave in detail so photos are not soft, but doesn't look great.

I was surprised how good the 930 was, at least from a detail perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte