Who do you believe is the most innovative manufacturer for phones/ phablets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Well Nokia 1520, gets 4k recording soon, hey cortana etc.

Htc brought it and dual speakers support. On a multi o/s phone

Samsung note,s4/5 with their 4k recording etc. Droid experience around new tech too.

Iphone, the apps and the bendy phone! Lol had to

Sony ability to have droid with Sony ps4 support

Lg with new display

Well its open so discuss try to be less ******!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Who do you believe is the most innovative manufacturer for phones/ phablets

This should probably be moved to either phone wars or off topic. Hopefully a mod can do that.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Moved...

I like htc's style and designs.
Sony does a good job also.

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Lumia phones are very innovative. I love lumia phones. L1520 is the best phone.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

I would go first HTC, second Sony, third Nokia.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

I'll actually opt for Oppo, their phones are quite nice.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Have a look at this:
N1 - OPPO

They are from China, but I'm not sure about their presence in US. In my country, they started to become popular (more than LG) since last year. Though a China phone, Oppo phones cannot be considered cheap. Unlike Xiaomi, Oppo actually HAS innovation.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Its quite funny, alot of happy users are 1520's! I own one too, I will not downgrade!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Although I do not care for the fact it would not survive a 14 story fall, the LG G3 was (is) a very impressive device. I didn't think I'd get used to the power/volume buttons on the back but after a couple of days it felt like the most natural thing. Lots of horsepower, a gorgeous display and a very fast camera.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I can think of many OEMs that have brought innovation to the table, and OEMs that have later gone onto expanding that functionality.

HTC from what I know was the first OEM to implement slow-mo and fast HD(60 FPS) capture into it's phones, Apple later expanded on that adding slow-mo capabilities of upto 120 and 240 FPS. HTC also brought with it the Ultrapixel concept, the Boomsound speakers and was one of the first OEMs to venture into the f2.0 apertures in phones. Also HTC was one of the first OEMs to add the capability to take still while recording a video and while playing it back.

Apple has also made some substantial innovations, the iPhone for one, it is possibly the innovation that lead to the creation of Android and Windows Phone(*possibly*) on touchscreen devices. Also Apple's move to 300+ PPI was a great addition which OEMs later followed. People also credit Apple with the whole pinching and zooming gestures. Also TouchID was the first successful implementation of a touchscreen sensor on a mobile, it worked great.

Then comes Motorola/Google bringing with it the "always on" Ok Google listening and the Active Display.

Nokia set a new standard by introducing a 41 MP cameraphone that had manual controls similar to a DSLR.

Oppo was one of the first OEMs to lead the change towards 1080p and 2K displays, it also came out with the rotatable camera, 32s shutter speed for mobile and now they are using highly durable aluminium in their new phones(the same type of aluminium used in planes).

Samsung introduced a lot of things, but one of the most useful was phase detection autofocus into mobiles.

That's all I can think of, for now.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
the most innovative oem is probably Nokia,they might be called slow for basic stuff but they are like scientists such as newton who were forgetful about day to day stuff etc,but in their work and progress ,they were advanced
nokia has always been slow but their products are very well made,well tested etc
we dont hear of nokias exploding etc,we hear of them saving lives by taking a bullet sometimes :D :p
To me,OEMs like samsung and apple are in a constant race to get features before the other,but how many can actually be used in day to day life,how come they never make it to existing handsets?
iphone 4 users never got siri,even though siri was a separate app and company before apple bought them,so its not hardware
today we see the L520 getting cortana ,bluetooth 4.0 etc
innovation is when existing products get new features as well imho and nokia/ms has gotten that right

especially with the glance screen and their amazing cameras which imho remain unmatched till date atleast to that level of quality and perfection and price

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well to be specific to manufacturing smartphones, Nokia has always a lead over the other companies. I know that some Nokia phones have issues, but compared to other companies they are nothing. From the day I started using my first phone, I've noticed that all the other phones get problems a hell lot more than Nokia phones do. Yes, people can complain all about WP, but as far as hardware, built quality is concerned, Nokia has always been very good. So I'll say Nokia is the best manufacturer for phones.
Sent from whichever device I happen to be using today.

Last edited:

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Not any one in particular... Every OEM has their own strengths.

Samsung makes the best displays, bar none. They're also usually the first to jump on board the newest hardware.
Nokia makes the best camera systems for phones, of course.
HTC comes up with some really unique designs, plus their recent phones have some pretty great sound quality.

Overall, though, I think Samsung leads in terms of new inventions in hardware (like die shrinks for RAMs and storage, new gen AMOLEDs, etc). I just wish their phones weren't so damn ugly to look at.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Samsung uses AMOLED displays on many of it's devices, if I'm not wrong. AMOLED usually has punchier colors(if that's the word). Whether you like that or not, is up to you.

But it seems that experts like the 2K screen of their latest flagship quite a bit.

http://gizmodo.com/the-galaxy-note-4-has-the-best-display-of-any-smartphon-1634804182

Talking on the topic of Samsung and innovation however, the Galaxy Note Edge is really innovative IMO. :3

But also quite expensive(and in limited quantities).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss