Why the iPhone 6 Camera Beats the 1020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Wait, you dont know what camera app does what and your here trying to prove iphone 6 is the best camera phone ?
have you compared the 830 or even tried it out ?

Lumia 830 is surprising good in a real use (specially low light photos) - it is well done one ...

EDIT: I would really like to see a photo comparison of Lumia 830 vs. iPhone 6 ... :p

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 830 is surprising good in a real use (specially low light photos) - it is well done one ...

Have tried it out bro, Nokia doing some good changes in their alogrithms, for low light shots, Camera wont go above ISO 800 most of the time. This is done to reduce the noise post Iso 800 which was caused, It mite come to the Older phones too throught firmware update. Including Lumia 920 as people thought Amber Broke their camera quality. But it was the High ISO which was the problem.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Have tried it out bro, Nokia doing some good changes in their alogrithms, for low light shots, Camera wont go above ISO 800 most of the time. This is done to reduce the noise post Iso 800 which was caused, It mite come to the Older phones too throught firmware update. Including Lumia 920 as people thought Amber Broke their camera quality. But it was the High ISO which was the problem.

Yeah, a high ISO is often not so good for results - many Lumia 920 users did set a low ISO for catching better photos (even for very low light photos) ...

I really wish that there will be someone who will make a true photo comparison of Lumia 830 against iPhone 6 ... well, it might not happen, but I wish ... :p

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Before the thread closes down. I'll say this, when you compare the LED flash with the Xenon on the 1020 you need to realize that the iPhone doesn't have a regular LED flash.

It has a dual LED flash, and the second one is an amber flash meant to improve how skin tones look when you snap a photo with flash.

The HTC One M8 for Windows has a similar flash.

No amount of proof from whatever site I show you guys will not make a difference, because any site that places an iPhone above a Lumia is "biased."

I can't really argue with that logic anymore.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Before the thread closes down. I'll say this, when you compare the LED flash with the Xenon on the 1020 you need to realize that the iPhone doesn't have a regular LED flash.

It has a dual LED flash, and the second one is an amber flash meant to improve how skin tones look when you snap a photo with flash.

No amount of proof from whatever site I show you guys will not make a difference, because any site that places an iPhone above a Lumia is "biased."

keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better
you dont give credit where due and criticism where due
with that attitude the rest of us who actually know about professional photography will laugh while taking better photos with a lumia
dont force your opinion on others
if you hate windows phone so much,dont come here with baseless rants

i have professional photography and coding as part of my course and i dont agree with any of your points
bloggers arent "experts",stop believing others off the internet and see the truth dont make assumptions
proof has already been posted

heres some proof of my claims
http://www.windowscentral.com/iphone-6-plus-vs-lumia-1520-camera
http://pureviewclub.com/2014/25226

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

yep same with 720
portico apparently took better low light shots,cyan is close enough,denim will bring back the old clarity etc

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Just wake up, Apple is very good for marketing - let's check "true tone flash" here:

Coming to comparison, Xenon flash simply kills iPhone 5S’s True Tone flash in capturing details, rendering sharper images, giving deeper tones and freezing movement. Have a look at the below images and see how iPhone 5S flash fails even with slight movement of subject.

#Nokia #Lumia1020 vs #iPhone 5S: Xenon vs True Tone flash & Outdoors. Conclusion: #Lumia blows away the #iPhone 5S!! | NPU

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better
you dont give credit where due and criticism where due
with that attitude the rest of us who actually know about professional photography will laugh while taking better photos with a lumia
dont force your opinion on others
if you hate windows phone so much,dont come here with baseless rants

i have professional photography and coding as part of my course and i dont agree with any of your points
bloggers arent "experts",stop believing others off the internet and see the truth dont make assumptions
proof has already been posted

heres some proof of my claims
http://www.windowscentral.com/iphone-6-plus-vs-lumia-1520-camera
http://pureviewclub.com/2014/25226

Just wake up, Apple is very good for marketing - let's check "true tone flash" here:

Coming to comparison, Xenon flash simply kills iPhone 5S?s True Tone flash in capturing details, rendering sharper images, giving deeper tones and freezing movement. Have a look at the below images and see how iPhone 5S flash fails even with slight movement of subject.

#Nokia #Lumia1020 vs #iPhone 5S: Xenon vs True Tone flash & Outdoors. Conclusion: #Lumia blows away the #iPhone 5S!! | NPU

I don't think NokiaPowerUser and PureViewClub are reliable sources of information, they seem biased.

I'll do the same to you guys what you do to me.

Happy, now?

sajith930

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
You're best to get a camera if you want the best shots. That is if you really like photography and know how cameras work. Having said that, I can see you are proud of your new Iphone 6. I ain't mad at cha. Why not simply go and be happy? I have to tell you, if I get an Iphone 6, which I might in the future, I sure as heck won't be back here trying to convince others my phone is better than yours. I'll just go and be happy. After all, its all about me anyway. :)

well said....!!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

You should really just copy and paste apples website. That is all you are quoting and regurgitating. I have a lumia 1020 and my son has an iphone 5s with the beloved dual LED flash you so speak of as "Revolutionary"....apple lemming term btw. and again, my 1020 produces WAY better photos than his 5s. It also shoots way better photos than the new 6/6s.

I shoot photos of my son playing hockey with my 1020 inside the stadium. NO PROBLEM.

Speed is not an issue if you acutally know how to take a photo. go back to your apple websites lemming.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't think NokiaPowerUser and PureViewClub are reliable sources of information, they seem biased.

I'll do the same to you guys what you do to me.

Happy, now?

yeah right
keep dreaming, the reviews you post have no proof
the reviews the others are posting including their own photos off their phones have more visual proof that lumias excel in photos

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You should really just copy and paste apples website. That is all you are quoting and regurgitating. I have a lumia 1020 and my son has an iphone 5s with the beloved dual LED flash you so speak of as "Revolutionary"....apple lemming term btw. and again, my 1020 produces WAY better photos than his 5s. It also shoots way better photos than the new 6/6s.

I shoot photos of my son playing hockey with my 1020 inside the stadium. NO PROBLEM.

Speed is not an issue if you acutally know how to take a photo. go back to your apple websites lemming.

hes not just an apple person,he keeps promoting android in the forums and brings it up everywhere
someone will ask which windows phone to buy and will specifically mention he doesnt want android and ios phones at all anymore, salmanahmad will go on to tell them android is better and say stuff about windows phone which isnt true

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Keep dreaming, comparing xenon flash & dual led flash. Xenon is more than 3 times powerful, hence normally it drains more battery as compared to dual led. Led flash can only be sufficient for an object a feet away, whereas a xenon flash can shoot a photo meters away! First know the difference between these types of flash& then keep on arguing. Again I don't expect much from a 14 yr old!

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
hes not just an apple person,he keeps promoting android in the forums and brings it up everywhere
someone will ask which windows phone to buy and will specifically mention he doesnt want android and ios phones at all anymore, salmanahmad will go on to tell them android is better and say stuff about windows phone which isnt true

That's why he's the most famous person here at WPC, people talk about him in other threads, it's surprising to know so many of them know him!

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
re. led vs xenon flash, its not purely about power/distance or skin tone tint (although those do vary between the two techs) - more importantly in a way is their traits in terms of capturing the image - xenon trumps led with regard to ensuring an image will be cleanly frozen in time (especially in genuine low light conditions) so often on my lumia 920 an image of a person in a nightime scene taken with its led flash will be motion blurred compared with my now sold nokia 808 with its xenon, where it manages to perfectly freeze and capture crisply with no blur

i realize xenon is more power hungry and a larger element, but led simply isn't upto the standard of xenon for these all important photographic moments, and any phone sold on its camera-centric offerings should include xenon, or it isn't a true camera-centric phone imho.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone has a true tone flash, captures colours way more accurately.

I viewed the Iceland photo shoot and I don't see much noise to speak of. The detail, the colors, and the focusing was superb though. The Verge may be biased in some ways, but they didn't mess with the photos and they we're great.

Also Phonearena isn't biased, they've done a comparison of the 1520 to the iPhone 6's camera, and guess what? iPhone won in most aspects.

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/C...-LG-G3-Lumia-1520-Xperia-Z2-HTC-One-M8_id3805
As I said earlier, Apple just uses the best auto camera algorithms. When I read this article before it was posted here by the way I laughed cause it's ridiculous and not telling the true story. The Nokia Lumia 1520 beat out every one of the phones in the comparison BUT as I keep stating Nokia is doing something slightly off with their algorithms. That simply means that photos will have to be slightly tweaked in post processing for the best color accuracy/temperature. That's it. That is the only thing the iPhone 6 beats the 1520 at. Color temperature and white balance without tweaks. And the 1520's video capabilities or lack thereof are basically due to the OS limitations and not the hardware. If you use living images on the 1520 you can literally see how the image's processing usually adds the wrong color temperature right before your eyes in daylight situations. In low light photos they tend to do a better job in the processing. PhoneArena is funny. They did a blind camera test a few times and as soon as the 1520 beat out the competition they simply excluded it from further camera shootouts.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Keep dreaming, comparing xenon flash & dual led flash. Xenon is more than 3 times powerful, hence normally it drains more battery as compared to dual led. Led flash can only be sufficient for an object a feet away, whereas a xenon flash can shoot a photo meters away! First know the difference between these types of flash& then keep on arguing. Again I don't expect much from a 14 yr old!

Lol, that's where you are terribly mistaken. LED flash is only useful a few feet away?

I have a single LED flash on my Nexus, here's an image:

Without flash:

1413032211095.jpg

With flash:

1413032222890.jpg

I believe that pretty much lit everything up, and it was a single LED. Imagine what a dual one could do.

I am willing to show you more photos with subjects that are farther away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett