Why the iPhone 6 Camera Beats the 1020

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
And now he's showing us what can a flash do ....
499d6a60d255817133a3248f18aa56f1.jpg

this is what xenon does and LED does be it dual tone or dual LED or single LED
xenonflash.jpg

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Lets leave the t₹0// alone...... He'll subside and vanish from this plaice on his own. He keeps repeating the same wrong things again in multiple threads.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Lol, that's where you are terribly mistaken. LED flash is only useful a few feet away?

I have a single LED flash on my Nexus, here's an image:

Without flash:

View attachment 84254

With flash:

View attachment 84255

I believe that pretty much lit everything up, and it was a single LED. Imagine what a dual one could do.

I am willing to show you more photos with subjects that are farther away.

You won't understand me or any other person who knows the difference between a dual led& xenon flash. You know what, I'm not even interested in making you understand, because like in other threads, you would never understand me.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
man this thread is just getting crazier!! :D :p
seriously- xenon flash vs LED flash
41mp vs 8mp
i think its a lost battle,people should not enforce their opinion like that based on false stuff
if you prefer the iphone 6,doesnt make lumias bad at all
even on paper and real world perfromance we all know which is obviously better
you never compare a prius to a tesla

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
man this thread is just getting crazier!! :D :p
seriously- xenon flash vs LED flash
41mp vs 8mp
i think its a lost battle,people should not enforce their opinion like that based on false stuff
if you prefer the iphone 6,doesnt make lumias bad at all
even on paper and real world perfromance we all know which is obviously better
you never compare a prius to a tesla

How could people be so delusional? They just fail to understand the difference between a xenon& dual led flash? Is it so hard to understand it? 1020 wasn't the first Nokia phone with a xenon flash!

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It's always like that with apple, saying their cameras are better because of flash, and that the surface is bad because you can't use it in your lap. Really... That's all you have?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It's always like that with apple, saying their cameras are better because of flash, and that the surface is bad because you can't use it in your lap. Really... That's all you have?

Xenon is always better than a dual led flash. Also with xenon flash you could get better low light photos! Is it so hard to swallow this bitter truth?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
And now he's showing us what can a flash do ....
View attachment 84257

this is what xenon does and LED does be it dual tone or dual LED or single LED
View attachment 84256

Do you have any idea that an iPhone 5 is a generation behind iPhone 5S and they have different flashes?

I never said that a Xenon flash was terrible but the misinformation that people are spreading here about single LED flashes is just surprising.

A Xenon flash may be better for motion capture, but realistically speaking are you more likely to photograph still subjects with flash or moving ones?

The dual tone flash and Xenon are two different kinds of flashes meant for two different kinds of people.

http://recombu.com/mobile/article/iphone-5s-flash-beats-nokia-lumia-1020-portraits_M19565.html

Xenon may be brighter than regular flashes, but how much? That's debatable.

But an iPhone captures way more natural skin tones with it's dual tone(dual LED flash) than the 1020.

Lets leave the t₹0// alone...... He'll subside and vanish from this plaice on his own. He keeps repeating the same wrong things again in multiple threads.

Repeating the same wrong things in every thread? Am I the person who said that 99% of people in developing countries listen to FM and then disappear when asked for proof.

No, that was *YOU*.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Do you have any idea that an iPhone 5 is a generation behind iPhone 5S and they have different flashes?

I never said that a Xenon flash was terrible but the misinformation that people are spreading here about single LED flashes is just surprising.

A Xenon flash may be better for motion capture, but realistically speaking are you more likely to photograph still subjects with flash or moving ones?

The dual tone flash and Xenon are two different kinds of flashes meant for two different kinds of people.

http://recombu.com/mobile/article/iphone-5s-flash-beats-nokia-lumia-1020-portraits_M19565.html

But an iPhone captures way more natural skin tones with it's dual tone(dual LED flash) than the 1020.

Repeating the same wrong things in every thread? Am I the person who said that 99% of people in developing countries listen to FM and then disappear when asked for proof.

No, that was *YOU*.

Yes, the 8mp camera of iPhone 5 is a generation behind because iPhone's 5s camera is a bit better. Wow

You don't know the difference between a xenon flash & a dual led flash, so no point arguing with you as you would never understand

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The OP clearly knows nothing about true photography. The iPhone 6 might be better for the average Joe or teenage girls who needs to snap quick pics of their friends. But for true photo enthusiasts, the 1020 is hands down the better camera.

And the one factor the OP uses to insult the 1020s camera is not the quality, but the speed in which it launches. That's because the phones hardware has a lot of work to do to process a 41mp sensor, etc.

Find an iPhone with a 41mp sensor, then we'll see how "fast" they are.

I love ignorance, such a great source of entertainment.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site

The iPhone 5S flash really is better than the rest - Recombu

Ha Ha Ha Ha, I So knew this was coming...
If you think camera from iPhone 5 to 6 is light years ahead, hats off to you.

I am not even mentioning iOS 7 was copy of Windows Phone,
iPhone 6 is getting HD screen, NFC, 2 Years later Which they only can use it wit iOS devices.
Straight from iPhone 4s to 6 they are using Same 8 MP resolution, added OIS after 2 years.
Guess whats the best Part, APPLE launches 1 Phone per year and these are the specs they come out with.

You know what keep your iPhone i'l Keep my Lumia.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

iPhone 6 is getting HD screen, NFC, 2 Years later Which they only can use it wit iOS devices.
Straight from iPhone 4s to 6 they are using Same 8 MP resolution, added OIS after 2 years.
Guess whats the best Part, APPLE launches 1 Phone per year and these are the specs they come out with.

He doesn't have an iPhone. Also what's the point having NFC in iPhone 6/6+ when you can't share files with them. So many basic features missing in iPhones, still some iFan won't realize it

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

Hats off to your ignorance. You really think there is no difference between the 8MP of 4S and the 6? Nice...then why are we even having this discussion?

Please don't argue about specifications apart from camera, because in most if not all aspects the specifications of an iPhone will crush any Windows Phone, especially the SOC.

But that's another discussion for another forum.

As far as I know, the camera discussion is dead when you people think that megapixels is everything there is to photography.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

No, that was *YOU*.
"A Xenon flash may be better for motion capture, but realistically speaking are you more likely to photograph still subjects with flash or moving ones? "
You just shot yourself in the foot. You say that realistically we are more likely to capture still objects? Then you're previous arguments about the slow focusing of the 1020 is nuts because who the heck will care about focusing time when the object itself is still. Take as much time as you want..... The object is not going anywhere. Typical iFanboy.

I showed the proof. did you even click that link I posted in the other thread? You need glasses, along with some IQ boosters.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Hats off to your ignorance. You really think there is no difference between the 8MP of 4S and the 6? Nice...then why are we even having this discussion?

Please don't argue about specifications apart from camera, because in most if not all aspects the specifications of an iPhone will crush any Windows Phone, especially the SOC.

As far as I know, the camera discussion is dead when you people think that megapixels is everything there is to photography.

Boy Physics always wins.....
I am Never said their is a difference between 4S and 6, I SAID THE RESOLUTION IS THE SAME.... i wrote this in CAPS and bold cause i guess you dont read posts properly.

If megapixels was'nt everything ? In that way no manufacture would have increased the megapixel count in the phone which results in more production costs. It is Never about Megapixels, Its about the sensor used.

Pre 1020 era, the phone comparisons only stated Megapixel count, but after the introduction of 920 ,1020 and 1520, many websites started a new trend showing how big is the sensor how big is the aperture.

Let me guess you think, 1020 captures 41 mp images ?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Xenon is always better than a dual led flash. Also with xenon flash you could get better low light photos! Is it so hard to swallow this bitter truth?

I'm saying it's a nonsense argument and really pointless when it comes to the question of quality of the actual images that come out of a camera. Flash on all phones sucks, I never use it...except for a flashlight.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm saying it's a nonsense argument and really pointless when it comes to the question of quality of the actual images that come out of a camera. Flash on all phones sucks, I never use it...except for a flashlight.

So if you don't use flash, what's the point in comparing a phone's camera?

Just randomly come up with iPhone as the best camera in low light?

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site

I use my Phones Flash ALOT, Parties, events, Festivals, Crazy **** i tell my nieces to do ( capturing them in mid air ) also for my photography.
As far as i am concerned i wont get back to Phones LED flashes now, Addicted to Xenon Flash.
Those who know how to use a xenon flash will get great pictures in daylight too.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So if you don't use flash, what's the point in comparing a phone's camera?

Just randomly come up with iPhone as the best camera in low light?

What? The quality of the final product is what's most important, and the argument of the 6 being better than the 1020 on that measure is simply incorrect. Saying a camera is better because their flash is better isn't comparing photographs it's comparing flash, and that's not really what camera quality should be based on. Nor speed, nor complexity.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

That's not what we think. My D-SLR is an 8mp (old school 30D) sensor, and yes it clearly takes better photos than my 41mp 1020. But from phone to phone, megapixels is a significant factor, especially for zooming (when there is no optical zoom).
But it's not just the megapixels, its the sensor itself. The only place I see the iPhone sometimes beating a 1020 is with post processing/compiling. But that can all be tweaked. And the 1020 can produce RAW files if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster