Bought Iphone 6 Plus but back to Nokia Lumia 1020

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an iphone 6 plus for 2 days. The phone is amazing. The c?mera is much better than I thought. But its just to big and slipery. I though that I would get used to the big size but Im still not...lets see...The 1020 feels much better in the hands. Its really like a mini ipad mini. Anyway, 1020 owners are spoiled by the camera.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
(Off-topic: Shouldn't this be in the Phone Wars subforum?)

To OP: I'm glad that you returned to the 1020, but what did enjoy about the iPhone 6 Plus?

Also, have you read the article where the journalist who wrote it had the iPhone 6 Plus fall onto his face at bed, during use?

And, let's see how the 1020 matches up against this, please!

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Im an apple fan boy but Im also a Nokia fan boy but the new iphone 6 plus feels weird in the hands. Maybe Im not used to it yet but Im wondering if I would feel the same with a 1520 in my hands. I dont like to press the touch ID button to turn on the phone cause on Lumias you double tap the screen and thats it! I also miss a lot glance screen.The native swipe keyboard its also much better not to mention the c?mera. Hum what else? I dont know I just feel better using the 1020 on a daily basis cause is ticker, better grip and I also prefere the lumia notification center. Would I return the iphone 6 plus if I could? Yes. Would I sell it? No, cause I do FaceTime a lot with my family that lives in Greece and Brasil and my ipad is too big to carry around with me. What Im probably going to do is to put my personal SIM card on the 1020 and put a data SIM card on the Iphone 6 plus.

RobGG

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I stay away from big phones, i can see how some may like them but i find them too uncomfortable to hold. That being said i do wanted a better battery and I know this was almost impossible on a 4 inch iphone so the 4.7 is an ''ok'' deal to me.

About the double tap, yes its a very nice feature and once you use it you realize how practical it is to have it on a phone, i really wanted it to be on my Lumia Icon but never got it. Now that i have the iphone 6 i dont find a real need for it as having a physical button almost on the front screen/bezel takes away the need of having to double tap to wake up without having to use buttons on the side or on top of the phone.

Waylon Payne

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
You dont need to press the button on the iphone. Just place your finger on it and it will unlock the device... Faster than double tap (and then enter password) to unlock...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans