1520 or Note 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrach

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey I considered going back to android...and I'm sure the new Note 4 is awesome. I did have a note 2 and tried a Note 3... Before using the 1520 Windows phone. Its been almost a year now... I'm fortunate to be able to afford a new 📞phone each year if i choose...But after trying out the Note 4 at Att...there's no way I'm giving up my Nokia 1520. I'll have to admit, yes I want more apps, and my wish for a windows surface phone with pen would be great for business (with surface 3 or 4) but I just like this platform over android or apple...can't imagine using a smaller phone. I'm Not a power user I'm just a normal every day cell phone business user... Can't wait to see the next 1520 release or version....Cheers!

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I will buy note 4, because of apps, design, battery removable, 2k screen, exynos 5433 / s805 processor.

Also it will get Android L - within 3 months after the launch of android l.

So I am eager to wait 3 months for note 4's price drop, and I want to buy it when Android L for Note 4 will be available.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
"Android can have all the apps and gimmicks it could and I'm still going to buy a Windows Phone"
that's what you'll hear if you ask me

Welcome to Windows Phone Central :)

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 looks tempting. The battery life supposedly improved to half a day with note 3 to a day and a half with note4 on regular use. I just cannot stand the whole cluster **** that is both android and samsungs unnecessary installed apps. I can't even bother looking at the settings. Its worse than Lumias settings. Which reminds me.. WP needs to alphabetize the settings.
"START THEME" is at the top while "Audio" is at the very bottom of the list. "Bluetooth" is somewhere in the middle.

If you can get passed that, note 4 should be a great phone for business users.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, both look great and really are, but if you want the note 4, You're gonna have to be giving up camera ability. But Android has a far better market. So I guess you're best choice is Android, considering they have launchers like 8Launcher which makes your phone look like Windows phone

Posted Via Tapatalk for Windows Phone.

~~~~

Don't quote me people if you're going to whine about an opinion.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
If you're really just an average user, well, any phone will do for you. Even if Note 4 has a 4K display, there aren't a lot of videos that output that kind of resolution. And if there are, I'm sure they take a lot of gigabytes for space.

In GSMArena's battery test, the 1520 has still the highest endurance rating, even if it's almost a year old. And for a normal user, I think basic things like battery life and strong antenna will matter to you more than other gimmicks.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
1520 hands down. I am using a note now and its horrible. Slow, laggy, crappy battery life. Only awesome thing is the pen. hear that Microsoft. Make a surface 1520 with pen interface. Total winner and I will have one!

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
To me, this is not really a fair comparison. When the WP OS is updated to take advantage of larger screens and proper digitizer support is added for use of a stylus, we will have a better comparison. I think people are comparing the OS sometimes, and not actually the phones. The 1520 could probably do everything that the Note 4 could do if the OS would allow it. The camera is definitely better, and I frankly prefer the WP OS big time over android or iOS (and I have had both in the past).

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, both look great and really are, but if you want the note 4, You're gonna have to be giving up camera ability. But Android has a far better market. So I guess you're best choice is Android, considering they have launchers like 8Launcher which makes your phone look like Windows phone

Posted Via Tapatalk for Windows Phone.

~~~~

Don't quote me people if you're going to whine about an opinion.

8launcher isnt worth it imho
you can put a ferrari badge on a toyota but that wont make it a ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans