12-16-2014 03:57 PM
86 1234
tools
    It doesn't matter if they mimic the "real deal" because I'm sure Android user would know they're still on Android. I only switched to WP because the launcher. ( Horrible Mistake). And what do you mean by that the apps thing isn't true? WP is awful when it comes to apps and apps with features. Android you can get an to do anything because it's open source. Unlike WP.
    Those trying to do harm on the internet like the fact that Android is open source too.
    11-17-2014 11:07 PM
    Those trying to do harm on the internet like the fact that Android is open source too.

Congrats. You realize that windows phone isn't safe either??
    11-17-2014 11:08 PM
    I'm an IT in the military. An ISM at that, no network is without intrusion. Open source does provide a more appetizing entre of opportunities. Thats all I'm saying
    11-17-2014 11:56 PM
    Im no expert on tech but ive had a note 3 in the past and now a 1520 and its a huuge jump
    the 1520 is a monster in terms of performance
    im never buying samsung products ever again
    11-18-2014 01:38 AM
    networkworld(dot)com/article/2848396/microsoft-subnet/windows-phone-did-well-at-mobile-pwn2own-iphone-5s-galaxy-s5-nexus-5-and-fire-phone-fell.html
    i doubt that
    im no expert by any means like i said before but it seems windows phone is much safer
    11-18-2014 01:40 AM
    still that did not help my note 3 which was slow even with cyanogenmod (11 i think)
    loved the s pen though ,wish 1520 had something similiar
    11-18-2014 01:42 AM
    It doesn't matter if they mimic the "real deal" because I'm sure Android user would know they're still on Android. I only switched to WP because the launcher. ( Horrible Mistake). And what do you mean by that the apps thing isn't true? WP is awful when it comes to apps and apps with features. Android you can get an to do anything because it's open source. Unlike WP.
    actually on my note 3 i felt the samsung specific features except s pen and multiwindows werent really useful
    it was cool to show off though
    11-18-2014 01:45 AM
    networkworld(dot)com/article/2848396/microsoft-subnet/windows-phone-did-well-at-mobile-pwn2own-iphone-5s-galaxy-s5-nexus-5-and-fire-phone-fell.html
    i doubt that
    im no expert by any means like i said before but it seems windows phone is much safer

It doesn't matter if it's it's 'Safer'. It's not SAFE.
    11-18-2014 04:46 PM
    but safer sounds better
    also i havent heard of malware on windows phone or BB10 yet so safer=safest
    android=malware,ios=1-2 malware but still much safer than android
    one of my friends has had 2 instances of malware from official play store apps in the past,not even one,just two
    11-18-2014 10:57 PM
    frankly i agree with karthik,android may be open source but such alternatives etc feel half baked
    im new to WP,just got a 1520 after trying out a 520
    had a note 3 running CM earlier and a Nexus 7
    11-18-2014 10:59 PM

Yes, surely. Even when we have multiple ways to download android apps from unknown sources, even when any Android phone can get a virus, wp doesn't, still wp isn't safe either.
    Congrats you convinced me
    tanya shah1 likes this.
    11-18-2014 11:56 PM

Atleast its safer than android, that's enough for me
    tanya shah1 likes this.
    11-18-2014 11:58 PM
    Yes, surely. Even when we have multiple ways to download android apps from unknown sources, even when any Android phone can get a virus, wp doesn't, still wp isn't safe either.

No platform is safe. Windows Phone can still get viruses.
    11-18-2014 11:58 PM
    Get note 4. 1520 is a monster of wp but note4 blows all these away
    11-19-2014 12:00 AM
    As someone who is a hobbyist application developer, let me tell you that there's loopholes in every operating system. Mobile or desktop. Every operating system can be hacked, it's just a matter of finding the right loopholes to exploit. Windows Phone has security through obscurity but if it gets more popular, expect malware to increase considerably.
    11-19-2014 12:03 AM
    Get note 4. 1520 is a monster of wp but note4 blows all these away
    i just came from note 3 to 1520
    all i miss is the s pen and multiwindow
    otherwise the 1520 is wayy better
    i even got rid of touchwiz towards the end and used CM and MIUI
    still pathetic performance and battery
    11-19-2014 04:27 AM
    As someone who is a hobbyist application developer, let me tell you that there's loopholes in every operating system. Mobile or desktop. Every operating system can be hacked, it's just a matter of finding the right loopholes to exploit. Windows Phone has security through obscurity but if it gets more popular, expect malware to increase considerably.
    actually they did find a loophole in WP but it couldnt be exploited
    i highly doubt BB10,WP and ios will get a proper virus like androids malware
    ios did have 2 such instances but it was patched quickly before any damage
    11-19-2014 04:28 AM
    Note 4. I worry it might be too big, but I thought that when I upgraded to a bigger phone years ago and I haven't looked back since.
    11-19-2014 05:43 AM
    No platform is safe. Windows Phone can still get viruses.

Plant one & prove it. Even if you're successful that doesn't change the fact that WP is way more secure than android. I have friends who've got viruses many times even when they didn't root their android phone.
    tanya shah1 likes this.
    11-19-2014 05:48 AM

Its already the third most popular OS. I don't see why people always complain about popularity
    tanya shah1 likes this.
    11-19-2014 05:52 AM
    Plant one & prove it. Even if you're successful that doesn't change the fact that WP is way more secure than android. I have friends who've got viruses many times even when they didn't root their android phone.
    There are certain aspects where Windows Phone is more secure, and certain that Android is more secure in.

As a whole Windows Phone doesn't earn a higher spot than Android in security with a lot of experts, your friends probably pirate applications and install from unknown sources.
    Its already the third most popular OS. I don't see why people always complain about popularity
    That's honesty like saying that you came 3rd in a classroom with 3 people, because these are the only three competitors left.

As a whole last I checked Windows Phone's market share was lower than 5%, and the number of active KitKat devices was larger than the number of total active Windows Phones.

Android is nearly 8 times more popular than Windows Phone globally, which is why it is targeted.

The same reason why Windows is targeted more than Mac.
    11-19-2014 07:29 AM
    numbers dont make or break anything
    quality does
    sure windows phone isnt everyones cup of tea but guess what sooner or later,people will get bored of android and ios and get a windows phone
    how do you think ios and android became popular over the behemoth - symbian anyway?
    its the basic rule of nature,no one will shell out money again and again for the same experience as their old phone on their new phone
    psoham777 likes this.
    11-19-2014 02:12 PM
    There are certain aspects where Windows Phone is more secure, and certain that Android is more secure in.

As a whole Windows Phone doesn't earn a higher spot than Android in security with a lot of experts, your friends probably pirate applications and install from unknown sources.

That's honesty like saying that you came 3rd in a classroom with 3 people, because these are the only three competitors left.

As a whole last I checked Windows Phone's market share was lower than 5%, and the number of active KitKat devices was larger than the number of total active Windows Phones.

Android is nearly 8 times more popular than Windows Phone globally, which is why it is targeted.

The same reason why Windows is targeted more than Mac.

Well in security, that's not the case with WP. One of my friend has already jailbreaked his 925 & he downloads apps/games from unknown sources, he did that before with his old L710. In Android downloading apps from unknown sources is a major reason for viruses, not WP.
    As far as popularity goes, it can't be counted, you can't say that Android is 8 times more popular. You're getting mistaken with market share. Just because fiat sells more cars than rolls Royce doesn't make rolls Royce less popular. I know many people say WP is worse, it doesn't have this, that etc, but they could say that only if they're aware that WP OS exists. Android, iOS is popular but that doesn't make wp less popular. I know ways to plant viruses in Windows & Mac as well, Mac is very popular even when it has less than 5% market share.
    WP wasn't at the third spot by default, when Nokia came with WP, it was still manufacturing Symbian phones, BB still exists & a lot more OSes exists even today.
    tanya shah1 likes this.
    11-19-2014 10:22 PM
    numbers dont make or break anything
    quality does
    sure windows phone isnt everyones cup of tea but guess what sooner or later,people will get bored of android and ios and get a windows phone
    how do you think ios and android became popular over the behemoth - symbian anyway?
    its the basic rule of nature,no one will shell out money again and again for the same experience as their old phone on their new phone
    If people we're so quick to get bored of operating system, most of Windows Phone's market would have died already.

Android and iOS have received overhauls in the past few years so that people don't get bored of them, Windows Phone for the most part has remained the same.

And talking on the topic of Android, getting bored ain't easy because of so much customisation.

The experience of Android specifically gets way more functional with each update, can't say the same about iOS or Windows Phone.

Well in security, that's not the case with WP. One of my friend has already jailbreaked his 925 & he downloads apps/games from unknown sources, he did that before with his old L710. In Android downloading apps from unknown sources is a major reason for viruses, not WP.
    As far as popularity goes, it can't be counted, you can't say that Android is 8 times more popular. You're getting mistaken with market share. Just because fiat sells more cars than rolls Royce doesn't make rolls Royce less popular. I know many people say WP is worse, it doesn't have this, that etc, but they could say that only if they're aware that WP OS exists. Android, iOS is popular but that doesn't make wp less popular. I know ways to plant viruses in Windows & Mac as well, Mac is very popular even when it has less than 5% market share.
    WP wasn't at the third spot by default, when Nokia came with WP, it was still manufacturing Symbian phones, BB still exists & a lot more OSes exists even today.
    Downloading apps from unknown sources isn't a "major" reason for viruses until someone can statistically prove it.

Even if your friend has a jailbroken 925 and previously 710, what is the total percentage of people that do that?

I know that you can install XAPs from your PC to your Windows Phone without the Windows Store, but there is a limit of only 2 apps that you can install!

On Android enabling unknown sources is easier, so is installing apps and downloading them thus it gets targeted more.

Also market share doesn't coincide with popularity completely but in Windows Phone's case it somewhat does.

The iPhone has a low market share but even those that can't afford it will know about it. Android's popularity is high anyways, so is market share.

Windows Phone just ain't popular, at least in many countries or people I've seen and talked to. Hell I've seen more Nokia X devices than I have any budget Windows Phones out there in the wild.

Windows Phone was one of the most competent smartphone platforms backed up by one of the richest companies, BlackBerry was bound to fail and so was Symbian so the fact that Windows Phone is number three isn't a huge, if at all, achievement.

Android's security, especially with more recent versions isn't something to be hugely concerned about.
    11-20-2014 04:36 AM
    If people we're so quick to get bored of operating system, most of Windows Phone's market would have died already.

Android and iOS have received overhauls in the past few years so that people don't get bored of them, Windows Phone for the most part has remained the same.

And talking on the topic of Android, getting bored ain't easy because of so much customisation.

The experience of Android specifically gets way more functional with each update, can't say the same about iOS or Windows Phone.

Downloading apps from unknown sources isn't a "major" reason for viruses until someone can statistically prove it.

Even if your friend has a jailbroken 925 and previously 710, what is the total percentage of people that do that?

I know that you can install XAPs from your PC to your Windows Phone without the Windows Store, but there is a limit of only 2 apps that you can install!

On Android enabling unknown sources is easier, so is installing apps and downloading them thus it gets targeted more.

Also market share doesn't coincide with popularity completely but in Windows Phone's case it somewhat does.

The iPhone has a low market share but even those that can't afford it will know about it. Android's popularity is high anyways, so is market share.

Windows Phone just ain't popular, at least in many countries or people I've seen and talked to. Hell I've seen more Nokia X devices than I have any budget Windows Phones out there in the wild.

Windows Phone was one of the most competent smartphone platforms backed up by one of the richest companies, BlackBerry was bound to fail and so was Symbian so the fact that Windows Phone is number three isn't a huge, if at all, achievement.

Android's security, especially with more recent versions isn't something to be hugely concerned about.
    i highly doubt that
    my friends phone has had quite a few instances of malware and lost money thanks to it
    Blackberry and symbian werent bound to fail
    android was bound to fail then it copied ios and used competitive pricing
    android has malware right in play store so i wouldnt blame its poor security completely on unknown sources
    ok lets assume what you said is true for a moment,tell me why BB10 doesnt have malware yet then? It doesnt even have play services etc,only relies on unknown sources
    android and ios are too busy competing to notice windows phone in 6th gear,accelerating to overtake them with windows 10
    android and ios have reached a certain saturation,now all that is changing is the UI but people arent taking the change properly
    I myself switched from android to windows phone and havent found enough reasons to shift back
    whats the chances of more people thinking in my way
    11-20-2014 01:22 PM
86 1234