12-16-2014 03:57 PM
86 ... 234
tools
    Tanya, please stop saying that Android = Malware. I have handled three devices till now, installed lots of games, and apps. There was absolutely no issues as I used common sense while installing these apps. I made sure the apps are from an official source, and has good reviews. Sure there's lag but installing from GPlay store does not automatically mean malware. Stop arguing needlessly :) . Sure data mining happens on Google but to say Android is malware ridden is a completely ridiculous statement. Hope someone can close this thread soon.
    thesachd likes this.
    12-16-2014 11:44 AM
    Tanya, please stop saying that Android = Malware. I have handled three devices till now, installed lots of games, and apps. There was absolutely no issues as I used common sense while installing these apps. I made sure the apps are from an official source, and has good reviews. Sure there's lag but installing from GPlay store does not automatically mean malware. Stop arguing needlessly :) . Sure data mining happens on Google but to say Android is malware ridden is a completely ridiculous statement. Hope someone can close this thread soon.
    I'm quite undecided on the issue. Bit I can say that if common sense was common, then it'd be called sense. It's the users that download the malware that don't use sense. MS created an OS that is foolproof. If there's an auto in app purchase, that what wallet pin is for. If there's a virus attack, well that hasn't happened. That's why so many on the thread keep criticizing Android.
    tanya shah1 likes this.
    12-16-2014 12:06 PM

I'm a developer and I know that with few lines of code a developer ( a bad developer 😋) can send call log and messages to the server.

Just imagine what a professional hacker can do with all those exposed API of android.!!
    Who knows!! Your favourite app may be doing the same thing ! 😋

Read this : http://www.digitaljournal.com/techno...article/417641
    tanya shah1 and oviedofreak82 like this.
    12-16-2014 12:10 PM
    I'm sure the OP has long since made his decision, but I'll still weigh in for anybody making a similar decision...

I like Windows Phone in daily use much more than I like Android, but I think the older 1520 is definitely outclassed by the Note 4 overall.

Build Quality: 1520
    Display: Note 4 (Brighter and sharper)
    Battery: Draw
    Performance: Note 4 (CPU + GPU)
    Size: Note 4 (more compact, lighter)
    Camera: Note 4
    Price: 1520

That's where a direct comparison can be made, but the Note 4 also has a few other fringe benefits. The biggest of these is obviously the Stylus and associated functionality, which can be useful for some people and gimmicky for others. Either way, the Samsung has it and it works well. Also, the Note 4 comes with Wireless AC connectivity, while the 1520 is limited to Wireless N. The Note 4 has a barometer as well, but that is barely useful.

I know a lot of you will question the choice of the Note 4 as a better camera, but I say this for two reasons: the Note 4 is using a new Sony sensor instead of the Samsung Iso Cell, and Sony makes great sensors. I haven't seen direct comparisons, but the Note 4 is supposed to perform really well. Additionally, the Note 4 has 4k video recording and higher bitrates right now, while the 1520 will have to wait until Denim to get 4k recording (at 24 FPS).
    12-16-2014 12:37 PM
    Read the article again. You effectively killed your own argument a 100%.

Attachment 91330
    Attachment 91332
    Attachment 91333

Also do some research on kernel exploitation, it's not child's play like you describe it to be.
    you obviously have skipped multiple parts of the article which state that android only tries to protect itself,your files,logins etc is all exposed
    why cares about saving the os,you can reinstall it with a factory flash but your data is something you cant let go in someone elses hands
    you are fighting a lost war for god knows what reason
    you have google search right, well you should research about how pathetic android security really is and why more and more developers are shying away from the platform because of piracy and security issues
    12-16-2014 01:04 PM
    theres enough and more proof on the internet to prove you and thesachd wrong
    i dont care if you people want to justify the possibility of getting hacked and actually want to back googles inability to make a secure os
    im happy im secure with windows phone and ios,where only one known exploit is there and cant be used because the oses are too secure and the max it can do is crash the page on wp and can affect a bit on only jailbroken ios
    12-16-2014 01:07 PM
    theres enough and more proof on the internet to prove you and thesachd wrong
    i dont care if you people want to justify the possibility of getting hacked and actually want to back googles inability to make a secure os
    im happy im secure with windows phone and ios,where only one known exploit is there and cant be used because the oses are too secure and the max it can do is crash the page on wp and can affect a bit on only jailbroken ios
    I don't need to read previous posts to jump on this one. If you can use common sense and avoid killing your PC or laptop with malware and other crap, you can certainly do the same on Android. Androids require the SAME level of care a PC does. If you can't keep a PC running smooth, then you can't keep an Android running smooth.

I'm not a fan of Android or Google by any stretch, but blaming them because you can't do your part to help secure your stuff is asinine plain and simple.

Open source code is exploitable code. And because the public can see it, coupled with Androids massive market share, yeah, it's not going to be any "safer" than a Windows based PC.
    tanya shah1 likes this.
    12-16-2014 01:16 PM
    I don't need to read previous posts to jump on this one. If you can use common sense and avoid killing your PC or laptop with malware and other crap, you can certainly do the same on Android. Androids require the SAME level of care a PC does. If you can't keep a PC running smooth, then you can't keep an Android running smooth.

I'm not a fan of Android or Google by any stretch, but blaming them because you can't do your part to help secure your stuff is asinine plain and simple.

Open source code is exploitable code. And because the public can see it, coupled with Androids massive market share, yeah, it's not going to be any "safer" than a Windows based PC.
    i agree except that the play store and exploit messages via whatsapp(causes whatsapp to crash until reinstall without a backup) is an example of how bad its security is
    Markmyw0rds likes this.
    12-16-2014 01:18 PM
    i agree except that the play store and exploit messages via whatsapp(causes whatsapp to crash until reinstall without a backup) is an example of how bad its security is
    Thats Google's fault for not properly curating its store, and WhatsApps for either not fixing or optimizing it's app for the stupidly diverse versions of Android. It's not, repeat NOT, the fault of Android itself.
    12-16-2014 01:25 PM
    You guys are in the wrong thread. Please stay on topic.
    12-16-2014 02:26 PM
    This thread went off topic a while ago and started debating further topics than 1520 or Note 4 and as such has completely lost all sense of usefulness to the community.

Closed.
    12-16-2014 03:57 PM
86 ... 234