11-05-2014 04:23 PM
66 123
tools
    Why oh WHHHYYY do people post nonsense like this?! STOP. If you need reassurance in a phone choice, I feel.sorry for you. There are a LOT more important things in life than this. Respect yourself enough to make up.your own mind. If you liked the "boring"(which it is) IOS, then go for it. You aren't a deserter, stop being dramatic. I choose windows phone due to hating the forced equipment upgrades from apple. And android is a joke, imo. So I'm here, and staying. And no one should care that I'm here either. The fact you took the effort to do this post, like pulling flower petals to see if WP loves you, speaks volumes that you need to choose another phone. If you feel like Rhiana and MS is Chris Brown, don't go back.
    Seriously, its a MOBILE PHONE FORUM. If you had better things to do, why are you 'wasting your time posting on this forum'? I love these types of people that think they're above everyone...IN A FORUM...ON THE INTERNET...TALKING ABOUT MOBILE PHONES. Get off your high horse and take a chill man, he's just asking people for their opinions, especially how likely many have left other OS's, or left WP for other OS's. This post makes it seem as if he should be ashamed of asking such questions, its pretty lame. People spend their hard earned money on mobile phones, devices they use daily....some use it only for calls, others use it for more and want to ensure they're not putting themselves in a worse situation. Is it wrong for some to research thoroughly and inquire before making decisions? Whos the real drama queen here? lol
    10-29-2014 09:24 AM
    Seriously, its a MOBILE PHONE FORUM. If you had better things to do, why are you 'wasting your time posting on this forum'? I love these types of people that think they're above everyone...IN A FORUM...ON THE INTERNET...TALKING ABOUT MOBILE PHONES. Get off your high horse and take a chill man, he's just asking people for their opinions, especially how likely many have left other OS's, or left WP for other OS's. This post makes it seem as if he should be ashamed of asking such questions, its pretty lame. People spend their hard earned money on mobile phones, devices they use daily....some use it only for calls, others use it for more and want to ensure they're not putting themselves in a worse situation. Is it wrong for some to research thoroughly and inquire before making decisions? Whos the real drama queen here? lol
    Thank you.

In addition I'd like to add these forms are part of mobile nations. The name is the giveaway there.
    10-29-2014 10:16 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I love WP and doing it since 7.0,
    I started with a 710, then a 720 and my last phone is the great 1020.

I even made my wife, brother, fathers in law switch to Windows Phone.

My one year old 1020 feels sort of outdated so when I start to wonder about its replacement I feel kind of disappointed of the whole picture of WP
    I don't think Microsoft is fully committed to make things better and that is frustrating. Nokia did a better job and now its being torn apart.

I think I will go back to iOS, I had a "boring" iPhone and now it seems like a better and more mature choice to make.

I invested lots of time waiting for lots of things in Windows phone and many were good and encouraging but I think I had it.
    Does anyone feel the same? Any thoughts?

I don't want to be seen as a deserter but as most of you I love gadgets and WP has always been good but always far behind of the competition. I just want the best I can get
    I completely understand your sentiment. If you can, why not keep your 1020 & switch back and forth between handsets. I'm about to get a Galaxy Note 3 and keep my 925. I'm a fan of mobile tech and I realized that I shouldn't be so one-sided with technology and really see what is out there and compare the pros and cons of each. Nonetheless, I wish you the best with your future endeavors.
    aldofarias82 likes this.
    10-29-2014 10:26 AM
    I completely understand your sentiment. If you can, why not keep your 1020 & switch back and forth between handsets. I'm about to get a Galaxy Note 3 and keep my 925. I'm a fan of mobile tech and I realized that I shouldn't be so one-sided with technology and really see what is out there and compare the pros and cons of each. Nonetheless, I wish you the best with your future endeavors.
    I will keep my 1020 but it will be my wife's (we have this rule that we get turns to upgrade our phones because I am the only one with a contract, so its my turn but she gets a semi upgrade as well)
    10-29-2014 11:07 AM
    Thank you! Lets make this community better than the average troll filled forum!
    10-29-2014 11:08 AM
    Because only fanboys who hang out in forums with other fanboys buy high-end Windows Phones. The low end is where the money is. Microsoft knows this. But it's too late. Microsoft will sell off what they bought from Nokia, and pull the plug on Windows Phone within 2 years. It's just too damn late.
    Your forgetting the US. In the US almost all people buying through carriers buy flagship devices. Only those who go through pay as you go services buy entry phones. The focus on entry phones is on markets that are still up for grabs.
    10-29-2014 12:58 PM
    Your forgetting the US. In the US almost all people buying through carriers buy flagship devices. Only those who go through pay as you go services buy entry phones. The focus on entry phones is on markets that are still up for grabs.
    The US is a fraction of the global market. Almost every other country buys phones outright.
    10-29-2014 05:55 PM
    The US is a fraction of the global market. Almost every other country buys phones outright.
    But for high end phones it is a large chunk and without flagships no manufacturer will ever gain much presence.
    10-29-2014 07:06 PM
    I don't feel I'm above anyone. And judging by the likes to my post, I'm not the only one that feels that way. My purpose for that post is exactly what was pointed out, this is a forum. By asking a windows forum, what do you expect the answers to be? I at least am honest enough to say, most of us don't care. This is a forum to discuss the goings on with Microsoft and its divisions, not "golly guys, I'm on the fence. Wont someone help ME". Its called research. Asking for opinions isn't research. The OP stated all that needed to be said, leave windows phone. And I'm.not a troll, look at my posts. I actually try to help, not beg someone to stay.
    10-29-2014 10:48 PM
    Let's call it a day.
    10-30-2014 06:13 PM
    Let's call it a day.
    Agreed.
    aldofarias82 likes this.
    10-31-2014 12:14 AM
    But for high end phones it is a large chunk and without flagships no manufacturer will ever gain much presence.
    You are wrong. The percentage of people who buy every "flagship" that's released is very small. Most people use the phone they receive when they renew their contract until the next contract renewal. You are in the minority.
    chezm likes this.
    10-31-2014 05:38 AM
    You are wrong. The percentage of people who buy every "flagship" that's released is very small. Most people use the phone they receive when they renew their contract until the next contract renewal. You are in the minority.
    You misunderstood my comment,maybe I should have written clearer. I meant to say when Americans buy their phones via contract they typically buy flagships and when their contract renews they buy another flagship. I don't remember saying they buy every flagship released.
    10-31-2014 02:24 PM
    Ok, I have a chance to swap my 930 for new Z3 compact and have to say I am really tempted to do it! I like the size of Sony, and the fact that it's Android! WP is great for me, but I'm getting tired of all restrictions... I miss some apps and getting sick of looking in Store to find stupid games, tons of "antivirus" apps, Facebook this and that, apps that were updated more than a year ago... Major apps are quiting their support for WP and it's really frustrating!
    I have to say, my last Android was Optimus 4x. I swapped it for HTC 8x. It was strange at first, but after a short period of time I get used on it. After some more time I fell in love with platform! After 8x I had 925 and now 930. Platform grows, but too slow. MS is doing some strange moves lately and I feel like they are going in wrong direction...
    Any advice guys? My decision to go away is not final so I am opened for discussion about it.
    11-05-2014 01:03 PM
    I've been on Windows Phone since WP7 and was very happy with it. Heard a lot of trash about Android, and started using (not final decision) an Android last week. My general impression is that I missed a lot on WP. WP is nice and clean and smooth, and has some very good apps, some better than Android. But it's behind and from what I've seen recently, getting further behind.
    11-05-2014 03:19 PM
    I've been on Windows Phone since WP7 and was very happy with it. Heard a lot of trash about Android, and started using (not final decision) an Android last week. My general impression is that I missed a lot on WP. WP is nice and clean and smooth, and has some very good apps, some better than Android. But it's behind and from what I've seen recently, getting further behind.
    I understand what you're saying. I'd love for WP to suceed but I'm not sure that I am ready to stick with it any more just to fill their numbers and percentages. Some times it's easier just to go with the flow. Not always, tough. Deamn, it's just a phone and question is- am I ready to give up everything while MS experimenting and trying to find itself?
    11-05-2014 04:23 PM
66 123