Android Lollipop looking good (so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
you sir are naive if you follow some of the most biased sites ever
follow mobile nations and pocketnow reviews instead,they take great pains to give an unbiased review and give credit where due

Sorry but I am not a paran**d like you who think that 99% websites are biased towards WP.

But I haven't able to find a review which claim that WP offer superior battery life.

Sir , why don't you give me link like I given you to prove your wrong belief.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
As I already said read the test procedure.This test doesn't include multi-tasking.

And when multi-tasking becomes bad?
you don't know but soon WP will also do multi-tasking when split-screen feature added to WP.
Now I understand, you actually don't know what you are saying.

The OS itself keeps on running so many processes in the background. That consumes more battery. Many apps have heavy background tasks. That consumes more battery. And the apps run in a VM. That consumes even more battery.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Really?
I've seen many specs of phones wrong on that site! Many times. Sometimes it takes weeks for them to realize it. So the testing is too far off...
I am talking about battery test.
If you bbelieve that WP offer superior battery life then show me the proof.

Gsmarena reviews are best and accurate among all the websites. And they have no reason to lie.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
The OS itself keeps on running so many processes in the background. That consumes more battery. And the apps run in a VM. that consumes more battery, too.

Yet in test it matches WP battery efficiency.

I wonder what consume WP battery if task aren't running in background?

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

On WP, restrictions are very severe for background agents. The apps that do have such agents are very lightweight/weak, e.g. Skype. WP doesn't have that bunch of Google espionage services always on. The UI is very light and even a weak GPU can handle it nicely. Apps are run natively on the hardware and no VM is being run. All this means plenty of battery is saved.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but I am not a paran**d like you who think that 99% websites are biased towards WP.

But I haven't able to find a review which claim that WP offer superior battery life.

Sir , why don't you give me link like I given you to prove your wrong belief.

you are blind then if you really think that way im sorry to say
people have given proof multiple times,maybe your just avoiding the truth
too bad my windows phone has better battery life and photos than most androids

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I am talking about battery test.
If you bbelieve that WP offer superior battery life then show me the proof.

Gsmarena reviews are best and accurate among all the websites. And they have no reason to lie.

lol no they are biased just like the verge,phonearena,Linus tech tips

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

yeah right thats why i get 2 full days on my 720 while my nexus 5 and z10 struggle to keep even a day
they all have 2000mah batteries fyi with not many apps and latest updates

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

Do you know word "REVIEW"
I am talking about the review not the wrong spread rumor.
Show me a review.
because in real test it doesn't show any battery efficiency over Android.

Even Mobile Nation hadn't post this wrong rumor.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
On WP, restrictions are very severe for background agents. The apps that do have such agents are very lightweight/weak, e.g. Skype. WP doesn't have that bunch of Google espionage services always on. The UI is very light and even a weak GPU can handle it nicely. Apps are run natively on the hardware and no VM is being run. All this means plenty of battery is saved.

Even with that their is only one WP(L1520) which have good nope best battery back-up.(and the worst battery back up is also a Windows Phone)

What happens to others if WP is so much optimized?

Battery life tests - GSMArena.com

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I just flashed Android 5.0, the final build, on my device.

And I can confidentially say that this is better than anything I've ever come across on Windows Phone.

And this is purely subjective, because nothing can please everyone.

To start off their we're things that Windows Phone could do better once, maybe it was the camera features or maybe the project my screen app, or maybe the universal Metro UI. But all that has been put in the dust by Lollipop.

First of all Android 5.0 fully supports control over shutter speed, exposure bracketing, RAW image capture, manual focus, and a hell lot more.

You can record your screen through many apps on the Play Store, no PC or root needed.

I can also reiterate the fact that Material Design is very very different and way more elegant than Metro UI. The new animations and applications just goes to show all that.

Moving onto the extra stuff, the power toggles are way better than Windows Phone. The lock screen, the lock screen PIN layout, the face unlock, the lock screen notifications and notifications in general are miles ahead of Windows Phone.

Multitasking is also way more fluid and easy and fast.

Multi user profiles and screen pinning are extremely handy additions, even the small stuff like the settings app seems to look way better and more arranged than Windows Phone. The battery stats are also way better, the power saver mode is also more effective than the Windows Phone one.

Anyone that says that this update is simply a launcher change is full of crap. It's a bigger overhaul than Windows Phone has ever received.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
And to those of you that say that Android is an extremely power hungry OS and that it won't run properly on dual core.

Android may have been power hungry at some time in it's past, no longer does that hold true.

The power saver mode on my Nexus 5 under clocks the CPU to 700 - 900 MHz(tested with CPU stats) and the phone also hesitates to activate the fourth core. But even despite this under clock on Lollipop my phone runs decently smooth(not flawless but still I'm trying to make a point).

And those of you that emphasize way too much on how core count matters and Android doesn't run on dual core, that is also untrue. The Nexus 9, which is a flagship device, came out with a dual core processor just recently and it's pretty fast.

So please most complaints that people have had with Android in the past are being resolved, and any chance that Windows Phone once had of success is slowly fading away...

And even Microsoft knows this: http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213489/microsoft-leaves-windows-users-in-the-cold

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
whats the use of "optimised android updates" if 90% of android 4.0 devices never got updates and never will even unnofficially

If bringing in percentages is your thing.

25% of Android devices run KitKat, which is the most recent stable version as per statistics.

Those 25% outnumber the total number of WP users out there.

Basically there are more phones running KitKat than there are active Windows Phones out there.

Really puts that into perspective, don't it?

yeah right thats why i get 2 full days on my 720 while my nexus 5 and z10 struggle to keep even a day
they all have 2000mah batteries fyi with not many apps and latest updates

Z10 is a BlackBerry device, again you can't refrain from bringing in every single device known to man kind whether it is relevant or not.

The Nexus 5 is a budget phone with flagship specifications, and in that endeavour there are things that need to be sacrificed.

I actually thought you we're a knowledgeable person, but if you we're you would know that:

- The Lumia 720 powers way less pixels, it's not a 1080 panel like the Nexus.

- The 720 also has a much smaller screen.

- The 720 also has a much weaker CPU and GPU.

That's not a fair comparison in the least, and if you knew even a slight bit about phones you would know that.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
And to those of you that say that Android is an extremely power hungry OS and that it won't run properly on dual core.

Android may have been power hungry at some time in it's past, no longer does that hold true.

The power saver mode on my Nexus 5 under clocks the CPU to 700 - 900 MHz(tested with CPU stats) and the phone also hesitates to activate the fourth core. But even despite this under clock on Lollipop my phone runs decently smooth(not flawless but still I'm trying to make a point).

And those of you that emphasize way too much on how core count matters and Android doesn't run on dual core, that is also untrue. The Nexus 9, which is a flagship device, came out with a dual core processor just recently and it's pretty fast.

So please most complaints that people have had with Android in the past are being resolved, and any chance that Windows Phone once had of success is slowly fading away...

And even Microsoft knows this: http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213489/microsoft-leaves-windows-users-in-the-cold
Oh yes, Android is very efficient...
Why do the year-old Lumia 1520 and Lumia 930 have better hardware performance compared to other Android flagships?
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...okia-lumia-1520-versus-iphone-6-gpu-test.html

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
^nice irony

^^sigh i was expecting a misinformed reply like this
ironic how exagerated and wrong your post is

this post is completely misinformed

the hate against windows phone is strong and very very misinformed in this thread im sorry to say

you sir are naive if you follow some of the most biased sites ever

you are blind then if you really think that way im sorry to say

The only thing I'm seeing in this thread is that the first line in most of your responses consists of some sort of credibility attack on the previous poster, followed by your own set of opinions, which don't appear to be any more informed than the ones you're accusing of being misinformed.
If WP is indeed as successful vs the big 2 as you're arguing it is, then we the population of this planet would have made it so by voting with their wallets. However it appears to me that the people have spoken. Democracy in action.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Oh yes, Android is very efficient...
Why do the year-old Lumia 1520 and Lumia 930 have better hardware performance compared to other Android flagships?
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...okia-lumia-1520-versus-iphone-6-gpu-test.html

Hahahahahah.

So Windows Phone won one GPU benchmark and that translates into real time performance? No it doesn't and frankly the test is flawed. Buuut....if you take time the time to check your information, you'll realize how wrong you are:

1415898832442.jpg

There are lots of Android devices above the 1520 in that department.

Also I find benchmarks like Geekbench way more reliable, 3DMark is nice too but alas both apps aren't on Windows Phone, just like a million other apps that are also missing.

There's also another benchmarking app that probably has the most accurate benchmarking ever, here's a video on it: http://youtu.be/snQ25ustyD0

But again, it's not on Windows Phone. So please don't bring benchmark applications into this, it's another place where you'll find Windows Phone lacks.

But if you checked real time, developers spend more time coding and making better versions of their game for Android and it usually has better 2D and 3D graphics in games, despite whatever a benchmark says.

Can't believe that after all else failed you brought in synthetic benchmarking. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo