Android Lollipop looking good (so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Your way of base, and why blame Google.
Take kitkat it was designed to run on phones with a single core processor and 512 mb of ram.

Google made the OS but the phone manufacturers decide which models get the update.
Then it still has to pass thru the carriers.

What happened with Kitkat is, step one in the process is it has to run on the SoC.
So you need an update from the SoC vendor.
What ive read that you might want to confirm, is they didnt get the updates from Texas instruments and Nvidia. So thats why some phones never got Kitkat.

So that pretty much means they wont get lolipop either.

I have no idea what the oldest phones to get lollipop will be.
I know it will rollout to the 2012 Nexus 4, and I know my 2012 Nexus 7 tablet will get it.

either way,most android users are left out in the dark without updates
atleast with windows phone we always have the developer preview as a fall back option

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
thanks for that example but ill give you a better one

you want us to believe that a hummer(android) can win a drag race against a ferrari(windows phone)

see the loss of logic

He wants us to believe that limousine(android) can not only win a drag race against a Bugatti Veyron(windows phone) but also limousine is faster than Bugatti Veyron! How's that possible?

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
thanks for that example but ill give you a better one
you want us to believe that a hummer(android) can win a drag race against a ferrari(windows phone)
see the loss of logic

LOL! LOL! LOL!
Grow up kid
Ferrari is a luxury car and only few people can afford it.
WP is no luxury Anyone can afford it.

You really need to work on your examples because it makes no sense in regard of WP.

The cost of both Android and WP is similar and yet.................

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
LOL! LOL! LOL!
Grow up kid
Ferrari is a luxury car and only few people can afford it.
WP is no luxury Anyone can afford it.

You really need to work on your examples because it makes no sense in regard of WP.

The cost of both Android and WP is similar and yet.................

Everyone knows that. Difference between a mobile & an automobile. If someone tries to explain you directly that in some cases WP is better than Android, you won't understand, so he gave a different example just to make you understand it better.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The whole dual core, quad core argument is fatally flawed. It goes to prove nothing. Even single core devices can run Android Lollipop, but no single core device can run Windows Phone 8, officially or non officially.

WP8.0 was (unofficially) ported to run on the HTC HD2, a device released in 2009 (with a single core processor, obviously), which could only get to WM6.5 officially. In fact, all versions of WP upto WP8 (WP7, WP7.5, WP7.8, WP8.0) were ported to that phone (that phone got Android ports, too).

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Everyone knows that. Difference between a mobile & an automobile. If someone tries to explain you directly that in some cases WP is better than Android, you won't understand, so he gave a different example just to make you understand it better.

No, WP isn't better neither Android.
Both are different OS.
and "better" is decided by individual who are using it means whether OS serves his/her need or not.

But saying simply it's better, I don't think it is.
It may be for you guys but not for everyone.
Generalizing that WP is better is totally wrong.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
No, WP isn't better neither Android.

Both are different OS.

and "better" is decided by individual who are using it means whether OS serves his/her need or not.

But saying simply it's better, I don't think it is.

It may be for you guys but not for everyone.

Generalizing that WP is better is totally wrong.

I said in some cases!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro