11-10-2014 09:48 PM
    Sign in and ask the guy why he ignored the Lumias, as if Apple and Samsung invented big phones. We don't know.
    11-10-2014 10:13 PM
    Sign in and ask the guy why he ignored the Lumias, as if Apple and Samsung invented big phones. We don't know.
    When I get in sure.
    11-10-2014 10:20 PM
    I think 5" will become the standard going forward.

Reason is because that is about as large as you can get and still have your thumb reach most of the phone. Over 5" means you can't hold the phone like a phone anymore (ie one handed) and still use it effectively. It also starts to look goofy being held as a phone up to your face at the larger sizes.
    Guytronic likes this.
    11-14-2014 05:42 PM
    To answer your question, the 1520 being a phablet does not have any enhancements that a phablet should have, atleast in comparison to the ones in the article. This is the harsh truth which I hope would change with W10. Right now the 1520 is just a big WP with powerful hardware
    11-14-2014 06:14 PM
    To answer your question, the 1520 being a phablet does not have any enhancements that a phablet should have, atleast in comparison to the ones in the article. This is the harsh truth which I hope would change with W10. Right now the 1520 is just a big WP with powerful hardware
    Ok, what new and "revolutionary" features does the ip6+ have to make it a fantastic fablet? IMO, the 1520 is much better than that piece of tinfoil.
    11-21-2014 04:38 PM
    Ok, what new and "revolutionary" features does the iPhone 6+ have to make it a fantastic fablet? IMO, the 1520 is much better than that piece of tinfoil.
    Not taking sides here but the iPhone 6+ does have improvements that are not found on other non-phablet iPhones. For example, it supports landscape mode and Bluetooth keyboard which can be used for taking notes. Secondly Apple has also enabled touch enhancements for easier one hand use which last time I checked Microsoft hasn't.
    theefman and BatteryLife like this.
    11-21-2014 07:34 PM
    Not taking sides here but the iPhone 6+ does have improvements that are not found on other non-phablet iPhones. For example, it supports landscape mode and Bluetooth keyboard which can be used for taking notes. Secondly Apple has also enabled touch enhancements for easier one hand use which last time I checked Microsoft hasn't.

Microsoft are too busy adding dancing with the stars.....

Sent from my using Tapatalk
    11-21-2014 10:39 PM
    there is data for iPhone and galaxy sales numbers would be guess.

do you have data for 1020 sales?
    11-21-2014 10:58 PM
    Sales numbers asdie, how about giving credit where credit is due. the 1520 is a fantastic phablet. Again, better than the ip6+, the note has awesome features but crap software that cripples it.
    11-22-2014 04:32 AM
    The sad thing about the 1520 is it doesn't have unique features that a phablet could take advantage on.

But, the future is bright for the 1520 with Windows 10 coming really soon.
    11-22-2014 05:26 AM
    I am going out on a limb and say that MS is going to release a "1520" sized surface pro device in the next year. Equipped with a Wacom pen and everything. And even though they sort of axed it before, I am also predicting a surface mini to the marketplace as well.
    11-22-2014 08:21 AM
    Sales numbers asdie, how about giving credit where credit is due. the 1520 is a fantastic phablet. Again, better than the ip6+, the note has awesome features but crap software that cripples it.
    I wouldn't classify Lumia 1520 as a phablet. I would rather treat it as a large phone instead. It has absolutely no difference to the Lumia 930 (I mean extra phablet features and not sd card/glance/etc.) except for some scaling here and there (and even so, limited).
    pankaj981 likes this.
    11-22-2014 08:28 AM
    Exactly my thoughts, the 1520 is a large phone. Unless Microsoft enables true phablet friendly features for it, it's still falls in the phone category
    11-22-2014 08:53 AM
    Therefore the ip6+ is a large phone as well. as is the note. as they are all the same design, and overall spec. the only diffrerence between them, is one, the logo and two the note has a pen. In that case, the asus tabfone is a fablet.
    11-22-2014 09:12 AM
    Phone without multi window multitasking at least,can not be called phablet despite it's size.

I had it before note3 and it is a beautyful device with awesome camera and strong hardware and awesome battery life but its just a big phone,nothing more...

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    11-22-2014 09:45 AM
    I am hoping that for once!!! Microsoft has some sense in their way of thinking ahead and that merging WP and RT will bring many phablet functions to the 1520.
    11-22-2014 09:56 AM
    personal opinions aside, the revIewer likely doesn't know about every awesome device that is available, If they aRen't seen on every street corner, Starbucks, bus stop, etc
    11-22-2014 04:49 PM
    personal opinions aside, the revIewer likely doesn't know about every awesome device that is available, If they aRen't seen on every street corner, Starbucks, bus stop, etc
    Then, said author should not be writing professionally about technology. I am just an enthusiast and I know about pretty well every new electronic device coming out. that's his JOB.

That's like me being a mechanic of motocycles etc, and not knowing that Harley Davidson, Honda etc does not make a motorcycle. I guess I have a different work ethic than others.
    11-23-2014 04:00 AM
    Then, said author should not be writing professionally about technology. I am just an enthusiast and I know about pretty well every new electronic device coming out. that's his JOB.

That's like me being a mechanic of motocycles etc, and not knowing that Harley Davidson, Honda etc does not make a motorcycle. I guess I have a different work ethic than others.

that's an opinion also.

neither I, nor you, our anyone, can know every possible maker of phablets. do a search on some Chinese websites, you'll find quite a few device manufactures you've never heard of before. ask a Harley mechanic about valve lash adjustments for a current model gold wing, and you'll find its out of his scope of knowledge.

its all relative.
    IgorVysoky likes this.
    11-23-2014 08:06 AM
    Instead of tablets
    11-23-2014 08:27 AM
    that's an opinion also.

neither I, nor you, our anyone, can know every possible maker of phablets. do a search on some Chinese websites, you'll find quite a few device manufactures you've never heard of before. ask a Harley mechanic about valve lash adjustments for a current model gold wing, and you'll find its out of his scope of knowledge.

its all relative.
    I beg to differ, A good mechanic, knows to look and think before he acts. Just like this guy should have thought and read about what he was going to ultimately write about. And a million Chinese products left out is fine, the major players in the phone arena, Samsung, apple, nokia/ms, HTC etc, should be included as all have phones in the 6" size range. And knowing the valve lash on a certain model is different than not knowing that model exists. Again, Let me explain it again and think this time, This author not knowing about Nokias, HTC, and a few other major "fablets", is like a mechanic not knowing that makes motorcycles. Its not the same as a mechanic not knowing the exact valve lash for the motor. It is the same as a dentist not knowing there are more than one type of tooth in your head.

Very different.

Again, He should not be writing articles if he does not know what he's talking about. NOT OPINION, FACT.
    11-25-2014 04:43 AM
    A phablet is a phone device 7" or larger. Hence the reason that tablets start at 7". I have never seen a 6" tablet at all. So any phone that is 6" is a large phone. If its 7" it falls in the phablet category
    11-25-2014 05:50 AM
    A phablet is a phone device 7" or larger. Hence the reason that tablets start at 7". I have never seen a 6" tablet at all. So any phone that is 6" is a large phone. If its 7" it falls in the phablet category
    That makes no sense. They have the word phablet to describe something that IS NOT the same size as a tablet nor a phone. Usually in the 5.5-6.5 inch range. But, in the end it doesn't really matter. What does is that I love my Lumia 1520 Windows Phablet!
    11-25-2014 06:06 AM