Dear post office, Put a move on to get my screen, Android is making me jump off a bridge!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Its been two weeks without my 1020 and im using a note with kitkat. I am ready to jump off a cliff, bridge, plane without a parachute CN tower, something!

Android flat out sucks. slow, buggy, camera is pure garbage, phone call quality is horrendous. I cannot wait to get my phone fixed so I can be back on windows phone to my buttery smooth OS, awesome camera, great battery life, and call quality / reception.

Having to plug my note in about 2pm every day just to make it the rest of the day is pitiful. Its JUNK.

Give me my Winphone back.

sorry for the rant, but ANDROID SUCKS.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually, if I may phrase it for you. Samsung's Androids sucks, not Android itself. My family's Samsungs (all Galaxy's) all slow down horribly after some time of use. However, my friend's HTC One X+ and Nexus 4 are running just fine.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
My android tablet is not much better. I would think the nexus and moto x would be the smoothest of the android systems. still no match for the nokia hardware however. maybe the HTC, but still not there yet.

andrygun

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Not trying to defend android but i believe android is not as bad as you described. You might get a faulty hardware. Its not as slow as you said it is.

You akso have to plug ur lumia throughout the day.. So dun just blame it on ur note. Im a L1020 owner.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Drama at its finest, lol. I understand your Note potentially being laggy, but saying you also have tablets and phones that are android...and the way you speak how horrible they all are leaves me to believe you're just making some stuff up. All I can say after updating to cyan/8.1 on my 1020...it was like running a Samsung android. Tons of lag, freezing, black screens, choppy animations, IE constantly crashing... Brutal. I know it's not everyones case but mine was not good...I got fed up and left for a nexus 5 and its been excellent.

For your sake hopefully you get your 1020 back soon so you can enjoy again

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
No, I am not making anything up. I used to be an android user, until about 6 months ago. I own apple, android and now windows products. Apple was smooth but I don't like the super locked down my way or the highway ecosystem. Went with android, then bought an ativ s. Loved it, but hated the camera. Got 2 1020s for my wife and I and they have been the best phones we have used. We also own two asus vivotab windows tablets and they are great as well. And there is no drama just truth. My note is making me very frustruated while wating for my my new screen to arrive.

On the contrary, I think you are making crap up about 8.1 on the 1020. ours are buttery smooth compared to anything I have used in android.

why hang around here if you are running all android anywyays? do you have some sort of complex that you need to come in here and voice your opinion on why your choice is the best.

take care, and goto android central. You will be better liked there.:grin:

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
probably so, but my nokia is better than all of them for useage. Better speed, better camera, better call quality, better sound from the speaker (besides the HTC), better build quality than all.

BTW Chezm I was getting you going above, don't take it seriously. installed smiley face to have some fun.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually, if I may phrase it for you. Samsung's Androids sucks, not Android itself. My family's Samsungs (all Galaxy's) all slow down horribly after some time of use. However, my friend's HTC One X+ and Nexus 4 are running just fine.

Exactly, majority of android haters on the forums have only experienced android on samsung, n its touchwiz ui is crappy indeed

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
probably so, but my nokia is better than all of them for useage. Better speed, better camera, better call quality, better sound from the speaker (besides the HTC), better build quality than all.

BTW Chezm I was getting you going above, don't take it seriously. installed smiley face to have some fun.

Nokia has always been the best out there in terms of hardware quality

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Lol I never take anything on forums seriously. I enjoy debates ;)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
good, to many times people can't see the forest through the trees. The camera post a while ago was a good example. Glad you have a sense of humor.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

given that samsung accounts for most of androids marketshare at 65%,samsung is now synonymous with android just like lumia is with windows phone and nexus is with google
Samsung Remains King of the Android Market with 65% Share of all Android Devices

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Not trying to defend android but i believe android is not as bad as you described. You might get a faulty hardware. Its not as slow as you said it is.

You akso have to plug ur lumia throughout the day.. So dun just blame it on ur note. Im a L1020 owner.

two days of battery life here with my 720
easily above a day with my 820

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
given that samsung accounts for most of androids marketshare at 65%,samsung is now synonymous with android just like lumia is with windows phone and nexus is with google
Samsung Remains King of the Android Market with 65% Share of all Android Devices

Based on your logic, you might as well say that smartphones are synonymous with Androids. Geez.

Android dominates 81 percent of world smartphone market - CNET

Windows Phone RIP? Android, iOS account for 96.4 percent of global smartphone sales : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

And before you bash me up for posting the 2nd link, just say that I don't quite agree, but just posted it for the statistics.

Samsungs and very much different from Androids.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Either way, Get me my 1020 screen so I can get back to my awesome phone instead of this huge paperweight. I hate not having all day battery life, a camera that can take a photo that is proper in image quality, color and no blur. the 1020 is better than any android phone or iPhone for that matter regardless of manufacturer.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Every OS, except Apple, has good and bad models and manufacturers. Lots of people had issues with the 8X, and while Nokia's in general are good quality, there have been a number of hardware problems with them. As for Android, Samsung adds a lot of bloatware which causes issues. Moto adds some but not a lot and the build quality is excellent. Right now, LG is building some excellent phones in the G3 and older G2 and their software is nice but efficient and pretty smooth. Nexus (some built by LG and Moto) have no bloatware and are pure andoid. So what am I trying to say?? I don't really know except for giving some opinions :evil: Oh, and hopefully the OP will get his screen soon. :angel:

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Every OS, except Apple, has good and bad models and manufacturers. Lots of people had issues with the 8X, and while Nokia's in general are good quality, there have been a number of hardware problems with them. As for Android, Samsung adds a lot of bloatware which causes issues. Moto adds some but not a lot and the build quality is excellent. Right now, LG is building some excellent phones in the G3 and older G2 and their software is nice but efficient and pretty smooth. Nexus (some built by LG and Moto) have no bloatware and are pure andoid. So what am I trying to say?? I don't really know except for giving some opinions :evil: Oh, and hopefully the OP will get his screen soon. :angel:

Ha ha .....your post made me laugh. If I were buying any android phone it would be either the nexus, or a custom moto x. I do wish that every manufacturer would follow suit like that and make your phone totally customizable like the moto x. Order different colors, and materials. Its not that difficult to do.

Yes, I do hope I get my screen soon! ha ha.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Based on your logic, you might as well say that smartphones are synonymous with Androids. Geez.

Android dominates 81 percent of world smartphone market - CNET

Windows Phone RIP? Android, iOS account for 96.4 percent of global smartphone sales : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

And before you bash me up for posting the 2nd link, just say that I don't quite agree, but just posted it for the statistics.

Samsungs and very much different from Androids.

yeah right
excellent logic(sarcasm)
you are very very illogical

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss