12-06-2014 05:04 AM
34 12
tools
    Its been two weeks without my 1020 and im using a note with kitkat. I am ready to jump off a cliff, bridge, plane without a parachute CN tower, something!

Android flat out sucks. slow, buggy, camera is pure garbage, phone call quality is horrendous. I cannot wait to get my phone fixed so I can be back on windows phone to my buttery smooth OS, awesome camera, great battery life, and call quality / reception.

Having to plug my note in about 2pm every day just to make it the rest of the day is pitiful. Its JUNK.

Give me my Winphone back.

sorry for the rant, but ANDROID SUCKS.
    aximtreo and Karthik Naik like this.
    11-15-2014 06:50 AM
    Actually, if I may phrase it for you. Samsung's Androids sucks, not Android itself. My family's Samsungs (all Galaxy's) all slow down horribly after some time of use. However, my friend's HTC One X+ and Nexus 4 are running just fine.
    11-15-2014 07:04 AM
    My android tablet is not much better. I would think the nexus and moto x would be the smoothest of the android systems. still no match for the nokia hardware however. maybe the HTC, but still not there yet.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-15-2014 07:08 AM
    Not trying to defend android but i believe android is not as bad as you described. You might get a faulty hardware. Its not as slow as you said it is.

You akso have to plug ur lumia throughout the day.. So dun just blame it on ur note. Im a L1020 owner.
    11-15-2014 07:13 AM
    I am a heavy user and I get all day out of a charge on my 1020, not 4 - 6 hrs. and yes, android is horrible.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-15-2014 07:17 AM
    Drama at its finest, lol. I understand your Note potentially being laggy, but saying you also have tablets and phones that are android...and the way you speak how horrible they all are leaves me to believe you're just making some stuff up. All I can say after updating to cyan/8.1 on my 1020...it was like running a Samsung android. Tons of lag, freezing, black screens, choppy animations, IE constantly crashing... Brutal. I know it's not everyones case but mine was not good...I got fed up and left for a nexus 5 and its been excellent.

For your sake hopefully you get your 1020 back soon so you can enjoy again

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-15-2014 08:08 AM
    No, I am not making anything up. I used to be an android user, until about 6 months ago. I own apple, android and now windows products. Apple was smooth but I don't like the super locked down my way or the highway ecosystem. Went with android, then bought an ativ s. Loved it, but hated the camera. Got 2 1020s for my wife and I and they have been the best phones we have used. We also own two asus vivotab windows tablets and they are great as well. And there is no drama just truth. My note is making me very frustruated while wating for my my new screen to arrive.

On the contrary, I think you are making crap up about 8.1 on the 1020. ours are buttery smooth compared to anything I have used in android.

why hang around here if you are running all android anywyays? do you have some sort of complex that you need to come in here and voice your opinion on why your choice is the best.

take care, and goto android central. You will be better liked there.
    Karthik Naik and prasath1234 like this.
    11-15-2014 08:29 AM
    All Samsung androids lag. One way or another. Not HTC, Motorola or Don't. They are the manufacturers to trust.
    11-15-2014 08:39 AM
    probably so, but my nokia is better than all of them for useage. Better speed, better camera, better call quality, better sound from the speaker (besides the HTC), better build quality than all.

BTW Chezm I was getting you going above, don't take it seriously. installed smiley face to have some fun.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-15-2014 08:42 AM
    Actually, if I may phrase it for you. Samsung's Androids sucks, not Android itself. My family's Samsungs (all Galaxy's) all slow down horribly after some time of use. However, my friend's HTC One X+ and Nexus 4 are running just fine.
    Exactly, majority of android haters on the forums have only experienced android on samsung, n its touchwiz ui is crappy indeed
    11-15-2014 08:47 AM
    probably so, but my nokia is better than all of them for useage. Better speed, better camera, better call quality, better sound from the speaker (besides the HTC), better build quality than all.

BTW Chezm I was getting you going above, don't take it seriously. installed smiley face to have some fun.
    Nokia has always been the best out there in terms of hardware quality
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-15-2014 08:49 AM

Lol I never take anything on forums seriously. I enjoy debates ;)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-15-2014 07:05 PM
    good, to many times people can't see the forest through the trees. The camera post a while ago was a good example. Glad you have a sense of humor.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-16-2014 04:42 AM
    given that samsung accounts for most of androids marketshare at 65%,samsung is now synonymous with android just like lumia is with windows phone and nexus is with google
    Samsung Remains King of the Android Market with 65% Share of all Android Devices
    11-17-2014 12:49 AM
    Not trying to defend android but i believe android is not as bad as you described. You might get a faulty hardware. Its not as slow as you said it is.

You akso have to plug ur lumia throughout the day.. So dun just blame it on ur note. Im a L1020 owner.
    two days of battery life here with my 720
    easily above a day with my 820
    11-17-2014 12:50 AM
    given that samsung accounts for most of androids marketshare at 65%,samsung is now synonymous with android just like lumia is with windows phone and nexus is with google
    Samsung Remains King of the Android Market with 65% Share of all Android Devices
    Based on your logic, you might as well say that smartphones are synonymous with Androids. Geez.

Android dominates 81 percent of world smartphone market - CNET

Windows Phone RIP? Android, iOS account for 96.4 percent of global smartphone sales : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

And before you bash me up for posting the 2nd link, just say that I don't quite agree, but just posted it for the statistics.

Samsungs and very much different from Androids.
    11-17-2014 01:01 AM
    Either way, Get me my 1020 screen so I can get back to my awesome phone instead of this huge paperweight. I hate not having all day battery life, a camera that can take a photo that is proper in image quality, color and no blur. the 1020 is better than any android phone or iPhone for that matter regardless of manufacturer.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-17-2014 05:01 AM
    Every OS, except Apple, has good and bad models and manufacturers. Lots of people had issues with the 8X, and while Nokia's in general are good quality, there have been a number of hardware problems with them. As for Android, Samsung adds a lot of bloatware which causes issues. Moto adds some but not a lot and the build quality is excellent. Right now, LG is building some excellent phones in the G3 and older G2 and their software is nice but efficient and pretty smooth. Nexus (some built by LG and Moto) have no bloatware and are pure andoid. So what am I trying to say?? I don't really know except for giving some opinions Oh, and hopefully the OP will get his screen soon.
    11-17-2014 05:56 AM
    Every OS, except Apple, has good and bad models and manufacturers. Lots of people had issues with the 8X, and while Nokia's in general are good quality, there have been a number of hardware problems with them. As for Android, Samsung adds a lot of bloatware which causes issues. Moto adds some but not a lot and the build quality is excellent. Right now, LG is building some excellent phones in the G3 and older G2 and their software is nice but efficient and pretty smooth. Nexus (some built by LG and Moto) have no bloatware and are pure andoid. So what am I trying to say?? I don't really know except for giving some opinions Oh, and hopefully the OP will get his screen soon.
    Ha ha .....your post made me laugh. If I were buying any android phone it would be either the nexus, or a custom moto x. I do wish that every manufacturer would follow suit like that and make your phone totally customizable like the moto x. Order different colors, and materials. Its not that difficult to do.

Yes, I do hope I get my screen soon! ha ha.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-17-2014 06:21 AM
    Based on your logic, you might as well say that smartphones are synonymous with Androids. Geez.

Android dominates 81 percent of world smartphone market - CNET

Windows Phone RIP? Android, iOS account for 96.4 percent of global smartphone sales : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

And before you bash me up for posting the 2nd link, just say that I don't quite agree, but just posted it for the statistics.

Samsungs and very much different from Androids.
    yeah right
    excellent logic(sarcasm)
    you are very very illogical
    11-17-2014 12:57 PM
    good, to many times people can't see the forest through the trees. The camera post a while ago was a good example. Glad you have a sense of humor.
    I wish that some of the fanboys on this site (whether they're WP, Android or Apple) were able to take things a little calmer rather than jumping out like tigers on a raw piece of meat. I know its WPC and maybe in the sight of some other OS's shouldnt be discussed...but thats why we have a "wars" section which i do find good...it opens discussions up for people who are considering coming to WP, or leaving WP...it should be an area where everyone can speak freely as opposed to other sections where its deemed more inappropriate due to the 'trolling' aspect. However, every time a debate starts people get very upset...take it personally...that it turns the debate into a battle, and ruins the discussion. Too bad. Even when i was an all Windows guy (got rid of the phone recently) i never understood brand loyalty...eventhough i prefer Windows as an OS i wouldnt go around saying "Android and Apple suck!" because i could see the benefits and advantages of all...but i guess some just cant. Meh.
    BatteryLife likes this.
    11-18-2014 01:17 PM
    I wish that some of the fanboys on this site (whether they're WP, Android or Apple) were able to take things a little calmer rather than jumping out like tigers on a raw piece of meat. I know its WPC and maybe in the sight of some other OS's shouldnt be discussed...but thats why we have a "wars" section which i do find good...it opens discussions up for people who are considering coming to WP, or leaving WP...it should be an area where everyone can speak freely as opposed to other sections where its deemed more inappropriate due to the 'trolling' aspect. However, every time a debate starts people get very upset...take it personally...that it turns the debate into a battle, and ruins the discussion. Too bad. Even when i was an all Windows guy (got rid of the phone recently) i never understood brand loyalty...eventhough i prefer Windows as an OS i wouldnt go around saying "Android and Apple suck!" because i could see the benefits and advantages of all...but i guess some just cant. Meh.
    Did you ever notice how many threads here are about iPhone or Android? If they're not the actual subject, they usually get drug into the thread somewhere. It's pretty much the same on CrackBerry. However, on AndroidCentral and iMore you seldom see the other platforms mentioned, other than a little dig at each other every once in awhile.
    11-18-2014 01:33 PM
    Did you ever notice how many threads here are about iPhone or Android? If they're not the actual subject, they usually get drug into the thread somewhere. It's pretty much the same on CrackBerry. However, on AndroidCentral and iMore you seldom see the other platforms mentioned, other than a little dig at each other every once in awhile.
    Whats actually funny is now i am actively on both Android Central and WPC, on AC Windows Phone is actually respected for a lot of its strengths and people bring up the specifics and give them kudos where its do. If you go to AC, theres no "Windows Phone sucks!!!" and blasting fights, the conversations are more down to earth and the users are very helpful. Here on this site we see a defensive approach, maybe since WP has had an uphill battle since WP7 came out people take it personally? Im not sure. Ok, people come here and say "well Apple does ____ better" or "Android is better at ______", I dont see things like this as a negative...i see open discussions as a positive. I mean look, all 3 major OS's have learnt from eachother...thats what we want dont we? I guess everyone is so caught up in "Windows 10 will rule the world, Apple and android will beg for existence!!"...they have a lot to live up to so lets hope they do.
    BatteryLife likes this.
    11-18-2014 01:59 PM
    Windows phone will never rule the universe, but as I said before the best things in the world never sell the most. Just look at automobiles. The best, Ferrari does not sell 1/1000th the vehicles as ford, but damn are they better.
    Bronislav Klofac likes this.
    11-18-2014 03:08 PM
    Windows phone will never rule the universe, but as I said before the best things in the world never sell the most. Just look at automobiles. The best, Ferrari does not sell 1/1000th the vehicles as ford, but damn are they better.
    I think you missed a piece of the puzzle here. If the Ferrari was the same price as the Ford, it would sell better!
    11-18-2014 03:24 PM
34 12