12-10-2014 06:42 AM
90 1234
tools
    But can you imagine android with google maps.People only use google maps on Samsung or any android for that matter.
    Google maps. .... is just the tip of the iceberg. there are tons of great offline mapping applications that are much better.
    11-27-2014 09:58 AM
    Google Maps is crap on Android. You can't save full maps offline. Just sections of one. Garbage.
    11-27-2014 10:27 AM
    Tell them about the resistance of the phone. If a Lumia drops on the floor, there are 2 options:
    the floor breaks
    the Lumia bounces and return in your hand

Instead iPhones and various Android devices shred their screen in pieces even while in the pocket and getting wood...
    i have little bit different experience. once lumia 800, glass remained intact and the display gone. second time, with 720, glass cracked (just cracked), working still excellent.

anyways, one thing is sure, u cannot compete with hardware quality that easily.

I can only speak from my own experience but I now find Android to be boring, aside from the initial "Look at all the customisation I can do" that's about it, there's not really anything Android can do that WP can't once the initial wow factor of Android wears off.

I guess I am saying that Android gets very boring, very quickly.
    i agree to this. after more than 2 years, my interest has not worn off a little.
    what i only envied thing from android is the Aurora live wallpaper from samsung s2. i wished it to be in wp as lock screen. i really loved it.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 11-27-2014 at 11:43 AM.
    msxbox likes this.
    11-27-2014 10:29 AM
    Cortana!!!!!!!!
    11-27-2014 10:34 AM
    Google Maps is crap on Android. You can't save full maps offline. Just sections of one. Garbage.
    Why use google maps when you have here maps on android and also they open instantly compared to splash screen on WP.

Cortana!!!!!!!!
    Cortana really? I know its in beta stage but why the hell it takes a lot of time to make a simple query.the down part of google now is its not interactive but offers great suggestions and every alerts to your interests compared to Cortana in my country unless you add google cards to your home screen.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 11-27-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    11-27-2014 11:01 AM
    Why use google maps when you have here maps on android and also they open instantly compared to splash screen on WP.
    Moot point. I don't use Android anyway. :)
    11-27-2014 11:09 AM
    I guess I am saying that Android gets very boring, very quickly.
    I'm not picking on you directly with this, neo158, but I will never understand comments like that. Unless you're very easily amused, ALL phone OSs are eventually boring once the newness of the device wears off. I mean, really, who picks up their WP after they've had it for 6 months and is like, "HOLY HELL! MY ESPN TILE JUST UPDATED! YES! RAD! WOO HOO!"
    tgp and broar94 like this.
    11-27-2014 11:16 AM
    again, Google maps is -not- the only, nor even close to the best on android. it is only the beginning
    11-27-2014 11:53 AM
    Tell them about the resistance of the phone. If a Lumia drops on the floor, there are 2 options:
    the floor breaks
    the Lumia bounces and return in your hand

Instead iPhones and various Android devices shred their screen in pieces even while in the pocket and getting wood...
    You are a bit wrong. My friend's 521 cracked, but it was a straight crack, not the iPhone style crack.
    11-27-2014 12:11 PM
    Windows is not better than Android in any way.

However Windows mobile may be:
    - More straightforward, simpler, easier to use
    - More readable due to the simplicity of the OS and apps
    11-27-2014 01:49 PM
    Windows is not better than Android in any way.

However Windows mobile may be:
    - More straightforward, simpler, easier to use
    - More readable due to the simplicity of the OS and apps
    Windows is infinitely better than androide in every way, android is useless as a desktop os. And just as bad on mobile. Just because is "open", doesn't make it good.
    msxbox and portalfocus like this.
    11-27-2014 03:29 PM

Cortana really? I know its in beta stage but why the hell it takes a lot of time to make a simple query.the down part of google now is its not interactive but offers great suggestions and every alerts to your interests compared to Cortana in my country unless you add google cards to your home screen.
    Providing suggestion is similar in all the digital assistant but Cortana more personalized result
    11-27-2014 08:54 PM
    Ok guys I need to make my friend jealous of my Lumia.. So wat features can I hit them with???
    I am sorry bit this sort of thing is, to put it kindly, rather silly. Why would anyone try to make someone jealous of a phone? As to which s better, the answer is neither one. They both do essentially the same stuff. Android has a larger app selection by a wide margin but it requires you to buy into Google's ecosystem and their well defined business strategy based upon harvesting your data. It is also, in spite of optimizations, somewhat resource intensive, often requires customizations for best performance, and is generally tied to launchers and skins of varying quality. WP has a different and less intrusive voice assistant and, in fact, is less intrusive all around. It also runs more efficiently on lower spec hardware.
    11-27-2014 11:01 PM
    The one thing Android is not is efficient. Moto G vs. Nexus 4? No contest. Lumia 520 vs 1520? Same speeds.
    portalfocus likes this.
    11-28-2014 06:05 AM
    Just show him how you can pin a contact to your start screen. I know a couple iPhone users at work that are like "dang, I wish I could do that!".

My girlfriend is an iPhone user also. I'm constantly showing her things I can do on my phone, that she can't with her iPhone. lol she gets mad and calls me a traitor.. (I used to follow the isheep herd as well).
    raycpl and portalfocus like this.
    11-28-2014 06:46 AM
    Just show him how you can pin a contact to your start screen. I know a couple iPhone users at work that are like "dang, I wish I could do that!".
    You can pin contacts easily on Android.
    11-28-2014 07:46 AM

Does android have tile customization? I think you'll need to download those launchers which is a total garbage. Live tiles in every way is better
    11-28-2014 08:27 AM

11-28-2014 08:42 AM
    Does android have tile customization? I think you'll need to download those launchers which is a total garbage. Live tiles in every way is better
    Yes, you can add widgets after dragging to your home screen. Launchers are not really widgets, they are softwares that can change your home screen look, and again you can customize this to your liking. Well for lagfree operation, best is wp 😊
    Nishant Sinha likes this.
    11-28-2014 08:43 AM
    I was referring to iPhone's lack of this functionality..
    portalfocus likes this.
    11-28-2014 11:24 AM
    The max that I got out of my 520 was 2 and a half days with moderate gaming, calls and no internet. With online gaming on asphalt 8 and age of empires plus calls and some whtsapp and music i get a solid 1 day. But do note I only keep internet on when I'm using it. Rest of the time I switch wifi off. Also note that with mobile network usage you are going to end up with really poor backup, which I think is the case with you.
    11-28-2014 11:39 AM
    Flawless, lag free UI. Live tiles make up my day for almost everything. Start background on tiles, live updates on lock screen, glance etc. Offline maps(sometimes very important to me). Excellent camera(if you have pureview). Extended updates even for old phones.(WP 8 devices would be getting WP 10 update)
    Also Nokia's build quality.
    That's all I can think of...
    Not only on PureView Cameras. My L720 has a very good camera for it Price and others phones too
    broar94 likes this.
    11-28-2014 01:42 PM
    Right now I have a android phone (and a iphone 5S on the side) and while its OK, there's some things that are annoying me such as lag when web browsing, occasional crashes, and since my phone isn't a nexus device or Motorola phone (I have a One M8) its doesn't gave the full lollipop design and I'm going to wait months for updates.

I'm wondering how windows phone is going to compare in response or if I'm best to just stick to android? While I like iOS, I'm kinda trying to be diverse with my tech and not go all in on a single OEM or company. Although I still think iPad I'd still the best tablet right now. And I may or may not get a macbook. Deciding between that it a surface pro 3.
    12-01-2014 11:01 PM
    NOTHING, (only after Microsoft's decision to make every feature available to other platforms).
    12-01-2014 11:07 PM
    Right now I have a android phone (and a iphone 5S on the side) and while its OK, there's some things that are annoying me such as lag when web browsing, occasional crashes, and since my phone isn't a nexus device or Motorola phone (I have a One M8) its doesn't gave the full lollipop design and I'm going to wait months for updates.

I'm wondering how windows phone is going to compare in response or if I'm best to just stick to android? While I like iOS, I'm kinda trying to be diverse with my tech and not go all in on a single OEM or company. Although I still think iPad I'd still the best tablet right now. And I may or may not get a macbook. Deciding between that it a surface pro 3.
    The "App gap" :P
    12-01-2014 11:18 PM
90 1234