Why is Windows better than Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
which Lumia do you have? it'll make it better if we know which model we're dealing with.

my input is the great design, fluid performance, primarily black color scheme...
I'll come up with more later probably

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
To me, it's not a simple matter of better or worse. When you measure of pure specs and stats, Windows Phone will be better at X, but Android will be better at Y, and iPhone will be better at Z. In my opinion, it's a matter of overall experience. To that, Windows Phone is my favorite. The user interface provides a great overview of the data you want to see on your phone, as well as almost always looking clean and fluid and consistent across different apps and phones . I think Apple's and Android's recent emphasis on UI have come as a result of WP. The core of the operating system was well optimized to run on smartphone environments, even with low powered ARM processors, the performance is generally very good for the OS itself.

The overall result just makes a generally enjoyable and satisfying mobile experience. It isn't always easy to show in commercials, and it won't make your friends jealous, but it's why I continue to use Windows Phone.

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys I need to make my friend jealous of my Lumia.. So wat features can I hit them with???

Some of these have been mentioned...
Cortana Assistant (try texting by voice works well, also get cortana to sing, tell a joke, do an impression, predictions, reminders etc )

Sat Nav its fully featured and has offline mapping and works world wide its a great app.

Emails are fast and easy to check in the notification centre also the email app is fast too.

posting photos to some social networks is faster on Windows Phone less steps to do.

Very fast navigation doesn't lag like the other OS's,

Very secure, less risk of data loss, identity theft.

There are many other reasons, cant think of them at the moment, But Windows phone is a solid choice and especially once Windows 10 is on our phones (possibly around June) or if on the preview maybe April or sooner. We will see the OS grow in size and sales in a huge way...This is just the beginning of the future.. Microsoft will lead the way...

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
additional, lots of loading and resuming screens
Lol, I used to see a fair few but its improved a lot, battery saver allows you to disable background tasks, and you need to clear temp files, but I only see loading/resuming occasionally now...i am running the preview software on my lumia 830..but it beats andriod and ios hands down in many situations loading etc..

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Your friend likely won't give a crap about avoiding Google, but aside from the fact that I hate that company with a passion, here is the #1 reason I stick with Windows Phone:

I turned on my Xperia Z2 (since sold) for the first time, and the Launcher crashed. The Launcher. Done.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys I need to make my friend jealous of my Lumia.. So wat features can I hit them with???

Flawless, lag free UI. Live tiles make up my day for almost everything. Start background on tiles, live updates on lock screen, glance etc. Offline maps(sometimes very important to me). Excellent camera(if you have pureview). Extended updates even for old phones.(WP 8 devices would be getting WP 10 update)
Also Nokia's build quality.
That's all I can think of...

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
hit him with the hard brick of all. ask the battery performance and compare. unless he is having note2 / s4 / s5 or htc one, u can outperform even with lumia 520.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
hit him with the hard brick of all. ask the battery performance and compare. unless he is having note2 / s4 / s5 or htc one, u can outperform even with lumia 520.

Really how long does your battery last my Lumia 520 lasts not more than 6 hours without any usage .with usage don't even ask.1 hour of offline music eats about 20%.Not a problem with battery ,it's a genuine and brand new brought 1 month ago.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Really how long does your battery last my Lumia 520 lasts not more than 6 hours without any usage .with usage don't even ask.1 hour of offline music eats about 20%.Not a problem with battery ,it's a genuine and brand new brought 1 month ago.

Try a soft or a hard reset. If that doesn't fix it, go to Nokia care centre.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Answer is wp all the great features well integrated with windows 8.1.Deep blacks clear black display if you have amoled display.Special features like people hub where you can get all feeds but it I sad that Ms removed fb messenger in people hub nd recent history.Cortana activate her nd use her she is very helpful.Minimum lag or hang.Apps to sd card.Awesome start background that should parallax effect.Great live tiles nd glance feature on supported phones.Apps corner.Cortana reading text message in headphones.Drive mode.Nokia camera nd its control it will let you take photos even with low end phones.Offcourse here city lens in phones supported.Superb navigation offline.And if there are more let me know.But definitely not apps .
From Windows phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)