Why is Windows better than Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stef66

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I have to make clear that Samsung also has the (offline) Here navigation. It is still in Beta but I downloaded it and it works just the same as with my L 1020.
At first there was a problem with adding speech but it has been solved..

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys I need to make my friend jealous of my Lumia.. So wat features can I hit them with???

That's easy, they are already jealous. Its smooth and sleek, unlike any android device. Secondly, take a photo and have them take one with their android device, revel in your glory as their photos are dark, cloudy, and soft where yours will be bright, sharp and clear.

Really how long does your battery last my Lumia 520 lasts not more than 6 hours without any usage .with usage don't even ask.1 hour of offline music eats about 20%.Not a problem with battery ,it's a genuine and brand new brought 1 month ago.

I got all day and a bit with moderate to heavy useage out of my 520. I gave the phone to a friends son when he dropped his iPhone. He loved the 520 over the iPhone. So I never got it back. ha ha. It does better than my note with speed, battery life and overall experience. I was ready to toss my note out the jeep window as it is crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapoFantasma97

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Tell them about the resistance of the phone. If a Lumia drops on the floor, there are 2 options:
?the floor breaks
?the Lumia bounces and return in your hand

Instead iPhones and various Android devices shred their screen in pieces even while in the pocket and getting wood...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I can only speak from my own experience but I now find Android to be boring, aside from the initial "Look at all the customisation I can do" that's about it, there's not really anything Android can do that WP can't once the initial wow factor of Android wears off.

I guess I am saying that Android gets very boring, very quickly.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Tell them about the resistance of the phone. If a Lumia drops on the floor, there are 2 options:
?the floor breaks

Instead iPhones and various Android devices shred their screen in pieces even while in the pocket and getting wood...

i have little bit different experience. once lumia 800, glass remained intact and the display gone. second time, with 720, glass cracked (just cracked), working still excellent.

anyways, one thing is sure, u cannot compete with hardware quality that easily.

I can only speak from my own experience but I now find Android to be boring, aside from the initial "Look at all the customisation I can do" that's about it, there's not really anything Android can do that WP can't once the initial wow factor of Android wears off.

i agree to this. after more than 2 years, my interest has not worn off a little.
what i only envied thing from android is the Aurora live wallpaper from samsung s2. i wished it to be in wp as lock screen. i really loved it.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Google Maps is crap on Android. You can't save full maps offline. Just sections of one. Garbage.
Why use google maps when you have here maps on android and also they open instantly compared to splash screen on WP.

Cortana!!!!!!!!

Cortana really? I know its in beta stage but why the hell it takes a lot of time to make a simple query.the down part of google now is its not interactive but offers great suggestions and every alerts to your interests compared to Cortana in my country unless you add google cards to your home screen.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm not picking on you directly with this, neo158, but I will never understand comments like that. Unless you're very easily amused, ALL phone OSs are eventually boring once the newness of the device wears off. I mean, really, who picks up their WP after they've had it for 6 months and is like, "HOLY HELL! MY ESPN TILE JUST UPDATED! YES! RAD! WOO HOO!"

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
?the floor breaks

You are a bit wrong. My friend's 521 cracked, but it was a straight crack, not the iPhone style crack.

petergoogle

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows is not better than Android in any way.

However Windows mobile may be:
- More straightforward, simpler, easier to use
- More readable due to the simplicity of the OS and apps

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Windows is not better than Android in any way.

However Windows mobile may be:
- More straightforward, simpler, easier to use
- More readable due to the simplicity of the OS and apps
Windows is infinitely better than androide in every way, android is useless as a desktop os. And just as bad on mobile. Just because is "open", doesn't make it good.

Ghalib Saleem

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Why use google maps when you have here maps on android and also they open instantly compared to splash screen on WP.

Cortana really? I know its in beta stage but why the hell it takes a lot of time to make a simple query.the down part of google now is its not interactive but offers great suggestions and every alerts to your interests compared to Cortana in my country unless you add google cards to your home screen.

Providing suggestion is similar in all the digital assistant but Cortana more personalized result

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys I need to make my friend jealous of my Lumia.. So wat features can I hit them with???

I am sorry bit this sort of thing is, to put it kindly, rather silly. Why would anyone try to make someone jealous of a phone? As to which s better, the answer is neither one. They both do essentially the same stuff. Android has a larger app selection by a wide margin but it requires you to buy into Google's ecosystem and their well defined business strategy based upon harvesting your data. It is also, in spite of optimizations, somewhat resource intensive, often requires customizations for best performance, and is generally tied to launchers and skins of varying quality. WP has a different and less intrusive voice assistant and, in fact, is less intrusive all around. It also runs more efficiently on lower spec hardware.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just show him how you can pin a contact to your start screen. I know a couple iPhone users at work that are like "dang, I wish I could do that!".

My girlfriend is an iPhone user also. I'm constantly showing her things I can do on my phone, that she can't with her iPhone. lol she gets mad and calls me a traitor.. (I used to follow the isheep herd as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99