From Windows phone to Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I switched carriers this summer and went back to Android on the latest and greatest it's so awesome it shoots rainbows out the charging port GS5 and was totally unimpressed. I used it for about 4 months and was always frustrated. I switched back to WP on a much lower end device than my previous WP, but definitely feel home again.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's a bit weird at first, yes. I noted the same change but I didn't think it was all over the place.
What I noticed was how clean Android was compared to the forced mess of tiles on WP (specially in devices where Microsoft forced the 3 columns of tiles like the 930).

But you'll get used to it quickly. IF you still miss the tile layout that much, you can get a WP8 launcher from the Play Store that will replace your Android start screen with the WP tiles.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Why is the 930 or 1520 is not a flagship. Hell, my 1020 is more of a "flagship" than anything android, or the ip6/6plus

L930 average battery, lacking features on old flagships. For me, the 1520 is far too big. As for your 1020, well camera, yeah, rest, no. Flagship Androids are a lot better these days.

Shiranui2012

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know all the phones you all are using, but I'm using the LG G2 and the there is no comparison between it and the battery life on my Icon. The LG is so much better. It's also better that the WP M8, which is better than the Icon.
I have to agree that the battery life in the LG G2 was stunning, Better than most Android handsets, including the M8 (Android) I have had.
If the LG G2 had an SD card slot I would have kept it longer....
I currently own a Galaxy S4 and I am hoping to get a Samsung Ativ S as a second handset for Windows Phone 8 as I don't like Nokia any more...
The Samsung Ativ S will be in addition to the Galaxy S4 so I have best of both worlds, as I like both Android and WP8

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
L930 average battery, lacking features on old flagships. For me, the 1520 is far too big. As for your 1020, well camera, yeah, rest, no. Flagship Androids are a lot better these days.

What defines a flagship device? If the manufacturer decides to label there device as a flagship then so be it. This is the same as when others say the 930 isn't a successor to the 920/925.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
What defines a flagship device? If the manufacturer decides to label there device as a flagship then so be it. This is the same as when others say the 930 isn't a successor to the 920/925.

What defines a flagship device is a device that has the latest and greatest features and is ready for the next wave of updates. That to me is a flagship device. The L930 simply didn't stack up for me as a flagship device. I'm not alone with this idea.

I know how people like to argue semantics and say WP this WP that. To me, MS failed not releasing something worthy of a flagship name before the holidays.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

How so? Faster processor, not needed with WP. Camera on every WP is better than anything running android...please elaborate again regarding what a flagship is.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
What defines a flagship device is a device that has the latest and greatest features and is ready for the next wave of updates. That to me is a flagship device. The L930 simply didn't stack up for me as a flagship device. I'm not alone with this idea.

I know how people like to argue semantics and say WP this WP that. To me, MS failed not releasing something worthy of a flagship name before the holidays.

So going with my example of the 930, was that not the best WP for its size, features, etc at the time of its release besides the 1520?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So going with my example of the 930, was that not the best WP for its size, features, etc at the time of its release besides the 1520?

I didn't say L930 wasn't a good phone. I just said it wasn't for me and there are others who feel the same. I think it lacks in many ways and no I don't want get into but the biggest for me as I mentioned was the battery.

Look I don't hate WP. I just feel disappointed at the phones that have been released lately and for me I couldn't wait any longer. The L930 or the L1520 didn't suit me I don't care how others feel about it. So I bought something that did. I didn't completely leave WP as I still own my L920. I also haven't said I'll leave permanently but I don't know for sure.

I'm not going to argue what's better. I don't care how people feel about the difference. I'm agnostic about what I use for a phone. I don't feel tied to anything. I think all OS suit different people and it doesn't hurt to try something else for awhile.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
How so? Faster processor, not needed with WP. Camera on every WP is better than anything running android...please elaborate again regarding what a flagship is.

Yes I know WP blah blah blah... I've been on here for awhile. You've said nothing new.

If you're happy with WP, good for you. I wasn't happy with what's available and decided that it was time to try something different. What works for you is fine. What works for me is fine. There's no need to argue semantics.

The number one thing that defines a flagship for me these days is battery life. There is nothing aside from the 1520 that can match the phone I own. What else? What about waterproof? Fingerprint scanner? Etc? These are not gimmicks.

If you read my first post about this you would have noticed I said I had a lemon of a L920 and I used it for almost two years before giving it up. I couldn't wait any longer as it wasn't suiting my lifestyle any more. Nothing that is out for WP works for me. I can't get the HTC because it's not here in the UK. I don't want the L930 because it isn't that great and the L1520 is too big.

That's my opinion. You don't need to agree with it.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't going to bash you if you switched to Android or iOS they're valid reasons to make the switch, we're not forcing you to stay on WP. Just that you show some love to it if you believe in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786