I hate goodbyes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Z3 is on 47% battery remaining and the 1020 has long since been plugged in. Absolutely phenomenal stuff considering how much usage the Z3 has had today. I connected it via USB briefly to copy some photos to the computer but otherwise it hasn't been charged.

Arup Roy Chowdhury

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Z3 is on 47% battery remaining and the 1020 has long since been plugged in. Absolutely phenomenal stuff considering how much usage the Z3 has had today. I connected it via USB briefly to copy some photos to the computer but otherwise it hasn't been charged.

Get the magnetic charging cable to save the flaps.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Photo comparison time...

Not the greatest examples but two photos taken in the same conditions. The difference in colour is stark to say the least:

That is a bit strange. Is your lens smudged by chance?

Here's a sample from mine. I have more but this one shows what kind of clarity I get. I've had to shrink the file a touch to get it to upload.

DSC_0085.JPG

l1520orAFK

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I've the z3 compact and it's the same camera. Honestly I think Manual settings are ok but no shutter speed control, and very noisy. Superior auto is also awful. I'd stay away from the xperias. I'd rather get a note 4. Heard pretty good things about it from smartcam club.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I'll ever understand the over emphasis we have on point and shoot cameras these days. If I wanted to take professional photographs I'd get a camera to do that. I don't expect a point and shoot to take phenomenal photos and have all the manual settings of a DSLR. All I ask for is a photo that's good enough.

Saying that, I'm guessing Sony will update their camera software and probably fix some of the issues anyway. I don't really need shutter speed control, I have a DSLR for that.

Arup Roy Chowdhury

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 uses 16MP SONY sensor and the Z3 has a far superior sensor and with right settings I have managed brilliant noiseless pictures close to my Lumia 1020 and only in critical resolution the 1020 edged ahead.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 uses 16MP SONY sensor and the Z3 has a far superior sensor and with right settings I have managed brilliant noiseless pictures close to my Lumia 1020 and only in critical resolution the 1020 edged ahead.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with people's camera issues with the Z3. I think it takes better pictures than my L920 by a landslide. I'm still sorting out the best settings for myself but I'm liking the results so far.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I know how the OP feels. I'm am so in love with my L1020. Just last week, I broke one of the metal contact points on the wireless charging cover. NO ONE has them in stock and the Microsoft Stores in my area wanted to give me the Camera case accessory, but as much as I would love to own that, it doesn't replace my wireless charging.

I don't miss any apps. I'm not having performance issues. BUT.....I do want another flagship with a camera equal to or better than this one. I'm a closet photog, but the camera is what brought me to the phone, and what will cause me to hold on to it. 900-->920-->1020. It has to get better hardware wise. It just has to. I can't go back to Android. iOS is NEVER an option.

Sorry for the rant. I just feel your pain. Best of luck to you.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You guys just need to be a little patient. In a few months we'll see the next flagships and life will go on. In the meantime enjoy your current phones :)

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
There are many phones and cameras, and there are even more user tastes and preferences. I have a 10-foot pole for anything android, but the z3 is one of the nicer devices out there: learn it and enjoy it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You guys just need to be a little patient. In a few months we'll see the next flagships and life will go on. In the meantime enjoy your current phones :)
I had plenty of patience until my phone got to the point that it could barely hold a charge. Without, for me, a decent upgrade I had no choice.

I have to admit to being tired of being patient...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I know how the OP feels. I'm am so in love with my L1020. Just last week, I broke one of the metal contact points on the wireless charging cover. NO ONE has them in stock and the Microsoft Stores in my area wanted to give me the Camera case accessory, but as much as I would love to own that, it doesn't replace my wireless charging.

I don't miss any apps. I'm not having performance issues. BUT.....I do want another flagship with a camera equal to or better than this one. I'm a closet photog, but the camera is what brought me to the phone, and what will cause me to hold on to it. 900-->920-->1020. It has to get better hardware wise. It just has to. I can't go back to Android. iOS is NEVER an option.

Sorry for the rant. I just feel your pain. Best of luck to you.
What? Don't you know you don't need amazing hardware to run WP? Go get yourself a L930 and stop complaining. :p

That's a joke if you miss the sarcasm...

hysonmb

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I've had my 1020 longer than any other smartphone I've ever owned, and am pretty much at the same point in my patience now as you were. If MS doesn't have something great in the works for the Win10 phone launch, I'll be moving to Android as well. MS is releasing just about everything as multiplatform now so I won't miss anything other than the interface and there's bound to be a launcher for that. Hopefully someone releases something with a competitive camera that I'd be willing to carry before the time comes if it does.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure what's going on with people's camera issues with the Z3. I think it takes better pictures than my L920 by a landslide. I'm still sorting out the best settings for myself but I'm liking the results so far.

Completely agree with you regarding the L920. I was never impressed with the camera performance. Still seeing mixed results from the Z3 though. I took the dog for a walk in a local park earlier and there's a sign warning users not to swim or drink water from the pond and the Z3 still had trouble rendering the red. I didn't have the 1020 to hand but the Z3's version was definitely different from what I saw.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've the z3 compact and it's the same camera. Honestly I think Manual settings are ok but no shutter speed control, and very noisy. Superior auto is also awful. I'd stay away from the xperias. I'd rather get a note 4. Heard pretty good things about it from smartcam club.

The Note 4 is a bit of a beast. Impressive looking phone though. I've got 12 days left with the Z3 so it's worth thinking about. Cheers.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Just to make matters worse, I noticed a hairline scratch on my Z3 earlier. Absolute ****-take. I've been extremely careful with the phone over the past few days and yet I have what seems to be a very shallow, 2-3 inch long scratch on the display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett