I hate goodbyes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I convinced my wife to give up her 1020 and ditch my 1520, use our upgrades, back in November, and try out Android again. She chose the S5 Active and I got the LG G3. Let me tell you guys this, it has been a living hell since then in my household (a little exaggerated). Evey time she takes a pic of our now 11 month old son, she complains of the picture quality. Especially, when she goes to print them out. Kept bothering me to get her another 1020, almost daily. So I finally cracked and got lucky and found her a good deal on a used one Craigslist for $100. Surprised her with it. She was literally jumping for joy. Happy wife, happy life. Thank you Lumia 1020, you saved my marriage.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

CapoFantasma97

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I convinced my wife to give up her 1020 and ditch my 1520, use our upgrades, back in November, and try out Android again. She chose the S5 Active and I got the LG G3. Let me tell you guys this, it has been a living hell since then in my household (a little exaggerated). Evey time she takes a pic of our now 11 month old son, she complains of the picture quality. Especially, when she goes to print them out. Kept bothering me to get her another 1020, almost daily. So I finally cracked and got lucky and found her a good deal on a used one Craigslist for $100. Surprised her with it. She was literally jumping for joy. Happy wife, happy life. Thank you Lumia 1020, you saved my marriage.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Lol, Lumias do this and more!
They can even save you from a zombie apocalypse:
2f3d244bc01ae9fb1d21889bc3efeaf3.jpg

:p

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
These are my current phones. Two 920's (for testing purposes), L1020 (for capturing quality photographs), two Note4's (1 unused) and L1520 (my daily driver). One more Galaxy Note 4 missing from the collection as my wife is using it.

Sorry abt the picture quality, its taken on a surface RT.

WIN_20150314_173401 (2).jpg

I must admit that the Galaxy Note 4 is fast in taking pictures. We go on regular outings to capture good photographs. Day photography is good on the Note 4 but low light photography is some thing any WP user will miss on a Note 4.

If we need to capture quality photographs, Its either the Lumia 1020 (especially for the manual controls) or Lumia 1520.

I would says L1520 and Note 4 are comparable in terms of speed. Only area that the L1520 excels is the low light photography.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I've been on Windows Phone for a little more than 2 months. I LOVE the OS. But it has so many things that have been nagging me. Today I pulled the trigger and picked up the Note 4. I'll have 30 days to try it to return it if I don't like it... I'm tired of Android, but when I picked a WP I thought, quite literally: I just want a phone that works for calling, messaging, and pictures. I found myself really happy with call quality, and taking pictures. Pictures on my 930 and 1520 are FANTASTIC! But messaging for me is a big one. I mostly use Line messenger, and it's REALLY far behind in terms of updates. I have been chatting a lot with their developers, and it's really frustrating. Also the notifications don't clear out for most apps after checking them if they have multiple tags. The fact that it doesn't keep apps in memory is also quite bothersome. I can't freely use my phone for those three things as I'd like. I can't share video over messaging systems either! I don't know... I LOVE SO MUCH live tiles, the OS, how fluid it is in general... But the app situation (hey, NOT the app gap), and how the OS treats applications (load times, background tasks, backups, keeping it active in memory even if they're paused) is frustrating.

I'll keep both phones for a while... Let's see!!! I'm sorry to leave so soon, but hopefully I'll be back. Goodbye Nokia 1520, you'll be resting my drawer for a few days while I decide your fate!

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to give up Windows Phone if you try another type of device. I swap Sim cards into different phones constantly. If a great new app or game comes out for iOS, I'll simply use my iPhone for a while to try it out. Phones are cool, why limit yourself into using only one religiously?

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
You don't have to give up Windows Phone if you try another type of device. I swap Sim cards into different phones constantly. If a great new app or game comes out for iOS, I'll simply use my iPhone for a while to try it out. Phones are cool, why limit yourself into using only one religiously?

For continuity reasons. I like to keep backups of conversations and such. For example, with Whatsapp on Windows Phone and Android (I have no clue about iOS) you can backup your conversations and then when you change devices, you keep where you left off. You can't carry the backup file between OSs but YES between phones (from WP to WP, or from Android to Android). This is true with most software that allows backups, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss