Lumia 630 vs Blackberry Z3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elasona1

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a new phone and my two options are the Lumia 630 and the BB Z3. I'm not sure of the pros and cons of each. First smartphone and such. Please explain the major differences of these phones.

sanjeet_deshwal

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Advantages of z3 over L630
~ 1.5GB RAM vs 512MB
~ 540*960 resolution screen vs 480*800
~ 5 inch screen vs 4.5 inch
~ LED flash vs no flash
~ 1MP ffc vs no front facing camera
~ hdr photo support vs nope
~ full hd video recording vs hd video recording

Advantages of L630 over Z3
~ 1.2 Ghz quad core processor vs 1.2 Ghz dual core processor
~ memory expandable upto 128 GB vs 32 GB
~ IPS screen vs normal LCD screen
~ 255000 windows app vs only 70000 bb apps
~ removable battery vs non removable
~ dual sim vs single sim
~ gorilla glass 3 vs normal glass

Rest upto you decide which one suits you

~happily L630 owner

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Specs comparison
BlackBerry Z3 vs. Nokia Lumia 630 - GSMArena.com

Z3 offer superior specs means you can play any game and have any app. It also offer better battery backup and number of apps/games and more sensors too
Blackberry 10 OS is very smooth and user friendly. It runs flawless.(Z3 is more User friendly than WP but it's my personal opinion)

Actually their is nothing that L630 offer or do that Z3 can't .
Z3 beat L630 in every department.
If you are choosing between both of them then go for Z3.(unless you are WP fan)

But if you compare it with L730 then story would little different.

Edit:
Ok their are few thing that L630 have upper hand like processor.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Advantages of z3 over L630
~ 1.5GB RAM vs 512MB
~ 540*960 resolution screen vs 480*800
~ 5 inch screen vs 4.5 inch
~ LED flash vs no flash
~ 1MP ffc vs no front facing camera
~ hdr photo support vs nope
~ full hd video recording vs hd video recording

Advantages of L630 over Z3
~ 1.2 Ghz quad core processor vs 1.2 Ghz dual core processor
~ memory expandable upto 128 GB vs 32 GB
~ IPS screen vs normal LCD screen
~ 255000 windows app vs only 70000 bb apps
~ removable battery vs non removable
~ dual sim vs single sim
~ gorilla glass 3 vs normal glass

Rest upto you decide which one suits you

~happily L630 owner

Z3 have more apps than WP because you can also run all android apps too

Elasona1

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
But if you compare it with L730 then story would little different.

Well I was also considering the 730. Maybe I'll have a look at that too. I'm just looking for something straight forward, easy to use, no fuss, no constant troubleshooting, good build quality and a good battery life. My app needs are not major (first smartphone remember).

Last edited:

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Well I was also considering the 730. Maybe I'll have a look at that too. I'm just looking for something straight forward, easy to use, no fuss, no constant troubleshooting, good build quality and a good battery life. My app needs are not major (first smartphone remember).

Well may be not now but soon you will consider apps. (because it's a smartphone :)
Well I used both L630 and Z3 and I find Z3 is better because it look more faster than L630(may be because of RAM)

I think you should try to get hands-on both phone.
Well Z3 have better battery life but you need to see which UI your are comfortable with.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
the 630 for overall user experience. Blackberry if your business uses the blackberry business products.

Can you acutally use ALL android apps on bb phones and tablets? I had a playbook, and I don't think you could use all, just some of the main ones.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
the 630 for overall user experience. Blackberry if your business uses the blackberry business products.

Can you acutally use ALL android apps on bb phones and tablets? I had a playbook, and I don't think you could use all, just some of the main ones.

No, not all. Apps that require Google Services won't work. For example, Google Maps works, but you can't sign into your Google account.

Playbook ran 2.3 gingerbread. BB10.2 runs 4.2 Jelly Bean. BB10.3+ runs 4.3 Jelly Bean. It's not 100% but I'd say it runs 95-98% of the Android apps I've downloaded from Amazon and Snap (Google Play). I'm running 10.3.1.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android on a BlackBerry Z30

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a new phone and my two options are the Lumia 630 and the BB Z3. I'm not sure of the pros and cons of each. First smartphone and such. Please explain the major differences of these phones.

If you are not afraid of the resuming & loading screens, plus running out of memory at line 1. Lack of notification hence constant pushing of the power button is another pain. Using the handset, to be honest its a bad idea to buy the Lumia 630.

By the way I am using the phone.

sanjeet_deshwal

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
If you are not afraid of the resuming & loading screens, plus running out of memory at line 1. Lack of notification hence constant pushing of the power button is another pain. Using the handset, to be honest its a bad idea to buy the Lumia 630.

By the way I am using the phone.

LOL you described it excellently
Go for Lumia 730 instead of Lumia 630

Sent from lagging Lumia 630

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what thsese resume and loading screens certain people talk about here. Never saw one on my 520, 1020 or ativ S. I think the minority that have seen these have a defective phone or have something screwed up somewhere.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what thsese resume and loading screens certain people talk about here. Never saw one on my 520, 1020 or ativ S. I think the minority that have seen these have a defective phone or have something screwed up somewhere.

Don't think so - especially if you're on 8.1 and/or the latest dp - the 1020 is particularly plagued with resume/loading issues, as is our multiple 625s (low mem) and, tho a lesser extent, our 1520s. They're all Enterprise devices, not loaded with garbage (British unlocked) and all, to some extent, have issues.

Last edited:

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

Using snap, amazon and other sites, you have access to ALL android apps bar anything that requires google services, though you can set up gmail, of course, and email is de rigur on blackberry so that all works extremely well.

We've got playbooks here, was a handy little system, however it NEVER had bb10 . The qnx os is different and, though it shares some systems, is night and day different (and worse) than bb10.

Android compatibility is best on the ffull touchscreen, vis a vie rectangular blackberry devices. That said, bb10.3.0.xxx allows scaling, so remedies a lot of the issues, for square screens.

I say this owning multiple devices from all oems, and owning a developer and publishing house, amongst other things. We've got bb passports, q10s, z3 & z30, as well as multiple wp devices, android and Apple. I also own and use them personally.

The Lumia 630 is a low end device, both in price and features. The z3 is far more feature rich, bit then it's intended for a different audience. The z3 is a far better device, but really this is all arbitrary as it really comes down to personal preference.

I use a 1520 for personal use, a galaxy s5 for vpn and hotspotting and a bb passport has taken over the spot an iphone 6 plus. Both the galaxy and passport are miles "better" than the 1520 - bar camera - in terms of speed, features, apps, battery etc. Actually the passport is superb but doesn't support openvpn, or else I'd only carry two devices.

That said I use the 1520 because I love it, even though it has short comings, for personal and especially business use.

So... Um... Get what you want op lol

Hope that kinda helped :)

Last edited:

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya heard Z3 is a good phone from bb.But if you like only wp choose 730.I don't know some say bb10 os is worst os.Any bb 10 user can enlighten me.
From Windows phone

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Ya heard Z3 is a good phone from bb.But if you like only wp choose 730.I don't know some say bb10 os is worst os.Any bb 10 user can enlighten me.
From Windows phone

Hi, read what I wrote above ;)

When bb10 was released it was rubbish. But then it was an entirely NEW os. And it's been updated ALOT.

It is now more feature rich than wp. Native apps are still missing, like with wp, but the advantage bb10 has is the access to android. But then bb devices are comparatively expensive, even the z3 and q5. That's the beauty of WP - there is a massive range - that may be a downfall also, as its confusing and genuinely the low end is redundant. The differences between the mid tier is petty (730 & 810 are essentially the same system bar camera tech and screen) and, when compared to android, really... Offputting.

But then bb and wp are what they are. Bb10 is actually a very good and efficient system - a step up from wp.

But then it really does come down to what you want from your device. If you want apps and flexibility to run a business in depth and have a solid ecosystem behind it, well android and ios are your choices. Bb10 is tied into the android ecosystem. WP isn't close to feature parity. But then bb is geared for Enterprise use and is becoming harder to come by, and thus is more exclusive.

Really it comes down to personal choice. What do you want from a phone? Look at the apps you use. And understand that wp will always be last on getting anything, if it ever does. That doesn't mean it's. "bad", just that it is a choice factor.

I use the 1520 as my personal device even with all the problems. My money, my choice ;)

Torrez Maier

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Taking aside the app gap, BB10 is an excellent OS. I'd say it is the best OS on the market; very fluid and easy to live with. I love the Hub, contacts app and even simple things such as alarm clock are superb. If it wasn't for apps I would be a long standing BB10 fan. I'm currently using L930 and love some of the features but extra apps are really the only thing holding me on to WP.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Taking aside the app gap, BB10 is an excellent OS. I'd say it is the best OS on the market; very fluid and easy to live with. I love the Hub, contacts app and even simple things such as alarm clock are superb. If it wasn't for apps I would be a long standing BB10 fan. I'm currently using L930 and love some of the features but extra apps are really the only thing holding me on to WP.
DOesnt the android app catalog work on bb? I thought they all did minus Google's own apps.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Your posts make me wonder what planet you're living on...

I use a 1520 for personal use, a galaxy s5 for vpn and hotspotting and a bb passport has taken over the spot an iphone 6 plus. Both the galaxy and passport are miles "better" than the 1520 - bar camera - in terms of speed, features, apps, battery etc. Actually the passport is superb but doesn't support openvpn, or else I'd only carry two devices.

That said I use the 1520 because I love it, even though it has short comings, for personal and especially business use.

So... Um... Get what you want op lol

Hope that kinda helped :)

I'm not the one looking for help, but if I was, you would have caused more confusion! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786