12-28-2014 11:28 AM
80 1234
tools
    If ignore Official Xbox music, video and game hub performance and forget resuming and loading screen then I would say it is most stable OS.
    But I haven't seen Android or iOS devices crashing in this regard. So they are also as stable as WP.

When you consider stablity then 3rd party apps are also the part of it.(I don't know for sure but whereever I read something about stablity article also include apps crashing)
    So, now if we consider this too then.........i don't think it is.
    I have never had an app crash. On iOS and Android that happens to me all the time.
    chris722 likes this.
    12-07-2014 12:20 PM
    Not on dev preview
    tried kids corner trick
    Apps are installed in internal memory on my 520.
    Then it's what I originally said... You're complaining about performance on a cheap phone that can be bought for $50. It has 512mb of ram. Have you tried such low-end Androids? They lag 24/7 and crash a lot, I know, my Mom had one before I got her to switch to the Lumia 635. It performs 100x better than her Android that was the exact same price.
    chris722 likes this.
    12-07-2014 12:27 PM
    I experienced the resuming issue while on dev preview on a 1520. The way I got around it was to tap the search key, open Cortana, then press the home key. It worked for me everytime. I had to exchange that phone and the new one I have has never had the issue despite being on dev preview. Other than that I have had no reliability issues.
    12-07-2014 12:29 PM
    Aside of the well known Cortana tile problem and some hiccups with the apps and camera, I've got no other major complain about my 1020 so far...
    After one year, this thing still performs quite admirably, considering its a dual-core phone...

For you guys who uses SD card, you WILL get the lags if you don't use a high-class SD card...
    Especially if you have apps installed in it and you pinned some of them in your start screen.

Blame your slow SD card, not your phone (especially the 1520 guy)
    12-07-2014 12:50 PM
    I have never had an app crash. On iOS and Android that happens to me all the time.
    Never have app crash on WP?
    It happens all the time on WP. (even official music app crashes a lot)
    12-07-2014 01:00 PM
    (even official music app crashes a lot)
    When was the last time you use the app?
    Haven't you heard there are updates?
    Nicholas Maguire likes this.
    12-07-2014 01:01 PM
    Never have app crash on WP?
    It happens all the time on WP. (even official music app crashes a lot)
    I repeat, I have NEVER had an app crash, and I use Xbox Music all day long. My phone is a mid-range from two years ago (Lumia 820). Xbox Music is now faster than the music app on my Android Tablet after all the updates it has had.
    12-07-2014 01:17 PM
    I repeat, I have NEVER had an app crash, and I use Xbox Music all day long. My phone is a mid-range from two years ago (Lumia 820). Xbox Music is now faster than the music app on my Android Tablet after all the updates it has had.

Same here...
    12-07-2014 01:23 PM
    I think it is. I had an S4 mini for 4 days and it rebooted when starting the Xbox Music app. Also, web pages would lag. They loaded faster than Lumia 520 but would lag while scrolling, while the iPod Touch stutters when scrolling. So, I consider WP the smoothest and most stable in my experience.
    TechAbstract and banger696 like this.
    12-07-2014 01:25 PM
    May be it's because of the dev preview that I'm using on my 1520 :-? But after some days of using, the facebook app (not beta), the skype and facebook message faced a lot of resuming. And worst of cases is crash then be kicked out to start screen. Need to restart the phone and these apps resume as fast as run again.

But well, the iOS also has multi gesture stops responding and crashing app as well. And don't mention about the Android.
    12-07-2014 02:05 PM
    Crashing apps have nothing to do with the OS and have everything to do with the developer, yes even Microsoft.
    12-07-2014 04:39 PM
    I think it is. I had an S4 mini for 4 days and it rebooted when starting the Xbox Music app.
    do I read it right? o.O
    12-07-2014 05:06 PM
    Hmm.

Go search the forums for "random battery drain" and "random reboots", and then ask if Windows Phone is the most stable OS out there.
    12-07-2014 06:10 PM
    Hmm.

Go search the forums for "random battery drain" and "random reboots", and then ask if Windows Phone is the most stable OS out there.
    How about doing the same search on android forums?
    tapehead likes this.
    12-07-2014 06:23 PM
    I'd rather have a "Resuming..." screen than a bunch of apps that just crash continually. I mean, machines fail. All software will eventually crash. But I haven't had even 1/50th of the freezing, stalling or crashing as I did on my Nexus.
    Nicholas Maguire likes this.
    12-07-2014 06:41 PM
    Stability for me, even on the DP, has never been in question. My only problem was a Resuming screen and that was because if lock screen apps. Speed is still as top notch as ever, even with all the features they loaded onto the OS. Xbox Music doesn't give me any problems either. Using a Lumia 920. Which I frippin love. ❤
    12-07-2014 07:13 PM
    "X didnt work for me therefore its garbage" is not logical and also NOT an argument. The level in thought to posts here astonishes me. Maybe its you? Maybe your standards are too high? Maybe you need to switch phone platforms? How the hell anyone can buy something then trash it is maddening. BUY ANOTHER PHONE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT.
    12-07-2014 07:25 PM
    How about doing the same search on android forums?
    If I frequented Android forums and was posting on an "Android is the most stable smartphone OS" thread, I might be inclined to do that. But I'm not frequenting Android forums and I'm not posting on an "Android is the most stable smartphone OS" thread.

I can tell you that in my experience, after carrying as daily drivers an iPhone 3G, an iPhone 3GS, an iPhone 4, an iPhone 4S, an iPhone 5S, a Samsung Captivate, a Lumia 920, a Lumia 820, a Lumia 520, and an HTC 8x, that Windows Phone is definitely NOT the most stable smartphone OS, and I can offer you up these very forums as proof.
    12-07-2014 07:37 PM
    Hmm.

It's funny you say that and I've heard of that. However, it seems to be tied to Lumias and HTC. I had an Omnia 7 for like 2 years without issue. Then I had the Ativ S fire another year without issue also. Installed dev preview on it and now have those issues.

My Lumia had rebooted like twice maybe three times in the six months I've had it. That's more than both my Samsungs on official firmware.
    12-07-2014 07:42 PM
    I can get my phone to reboot using IE and going to paltalk,com on my L530. I suspect the page is too graphics intensive for my 512mb memory. Other browsers such as Surfy and UC browser crash back to the start page but Opera Mini displays the page ok. I have had an online chat with MS operator and he said he would report to IE developers. Im also on DP but it did they same before the update. See if they can fix it.
    12-07-2014 07:58 PM
    I've used iOS, Android and BB flagships too. But the most stable and smooth is Windows Phone so far.
    12-07-2014 08:51 PM
    Did you tried kid's corner trick?
    isn't the whole point of having a stable OS is that you shouldn't have to do bits and pieces and hacks and tricks to get your thing up and running.
    Kinda defeats the purpose of it IMO.
    Read below pretty much sums it up.
    Somwehere in this thread there was a problem with 1520 and it was suggested it was SD card.

On my 1020 there are no songs no extra files minimal apps and storage gets dumped into external HD on regular basis.
    I still get loading and resuming screens. Accessing the cam is a pain in the ####

If ignore Official Xbox music, video and game hub performance and forget resuming and loading screen then I would say it is most stable OS.
    But I haven't seen Android or iOS devices crashing in this regard. So they are also as stable as WP.

When you consider stablity then 3rd party apps are also the part of it.(I don't know for sure but whereever I read something about stablity article also include apps crashing)
    So, now if we consider this too then.........i don't think it is.
    12-07-2014 10:34 PM
    Well in my case apps crashes on daily basis.
    Xbox music also hang ,lag and then crashes.(even IE crashes too often)
    Xbox Music is still slowest music player of all the time.

I think you forget how fluid and fast Music player used to be in WP8.(I consider wp8 as most stable is OS but not wp8.1)
    Give a try to Music Hub Tile app.

Then you will know how sh*tty music app is in Wp8.1
    12-07-2014 10:38 PM
    I am finding as more features have been added and since 8.1 update came Windows Phone has unfortunately become more slow and often many apps suffering from lag. Using X Box music app if I do something else animations become jerky,using Instagram and 6tag even on Lumia 1520 and 930 lag when scrolling. Metro Tube sometimes lags when scrolling,horrible resuming issue,IE11 is **** poor for browsing and compared to Chrome on Android am sorry to say it's painfully slow to load pages and often doesn't render right. Windows Phone caching Microsoft need to still sort this issue out. For me my once favourite OS has become worse and feels incomplete,messy and often using it just don't feels as fast,smooth and fluid as it once did compared to Vanilla Android. Sorry Microsoft you've totally crapped it for me
    D M C and AverageWPUser like this.
    12-07-2014 10:43 PM
    The only thing I cant comment on is the comparison of stability between the 3 as haven't ventured anywhere close to the Apple and Android.
    Although I can say Symbian didn't give me issues. Lacked apps a bit but OS cant say anything about it.
    12-07-2014 10:46 PM
80 1234