12-28-2014 11:28 AM
80 ... 234
tools
    Because, if you read my post, I didn't mention iOS and only mentioned Samsung devices and this isn't a bug but rather a feature in the firmware to prevent overheating.

Never had that problem myself but from all the reports I've read it only seems to be the Lumia devices that suffer with this.
    You may have mentioned only Samsung, but the OP says Windows Phone is the most stable, which includes OSes like iOS and Blackberry.

Phones generally turn off when heated excessively, they don't reboot. And especially if the reboots occur with no reason, it's a bug in either software or hardware.

Sure I have heard of random reboots, but generally only in Custom ROMs(and devs are quick to fix it) or in phones that have faulty hardware.

HTC One M8 for Windows also has to have quite a lot of reboots of issues, so this problem isn't limited to Lumia.
    12-08-2014 05:50 PM
    You may have mentioned only Samsung, but the OP says Windows Phone is the most stable, which includes OSes like iOS and Blackberry.

Phones generally turn off when heated excessively, they don't reboot. And especially if the reboots occur with no reason, it's a bug in either software or hardware.

Sure I have heard of random reboots, but generally only in Custom ROMs(and devs are quick to fix it) or in phones that have faulty hardware.

HTC One M8 for Windows also has to have quite a lot of reboots of issues, so this problem isn't limited to Lumia.
    Samsung devices only reboot when they have a low mobile signal to prevent overheating, not a bug but a feature in their firmware which is also on their Android devices, I have no idea why but it's something Samsung decided was need in their firmware. It might include iOS but Samsung don't create iOS devices and neither do any other WP OEMs.

The point is that rebooting isn't an OS issue, simply because everyone with a WP is essentially running the same OS. It's the manufacturer drivers, apps or hardware faults that can cause this issue, not the OS itself.
    12-08-2014 06:04 PM
    All OS reboots. In fact a hot phone SHOULD reboot, or at least shut down, for those users without enough sense to shut those phones down on their own.

It depends on what you're doing with the phone. Downloading, in particular, locks up a phone, especially if the video files are over 100 MB.
    12-28-2014 10:59 AM
    Of course Windows Phone OS is most stable smartphone OS
    12-28-2014 11:16 AM
    I have 920 with 8.1 and its been acting weird lately. M double tap does not work and neither the power button. Everytime I have to do soft reset to get the screen and its been very irritating. Also mic is not working properly. Guys any tips or suggestions
    12-28-2014 11:28 AM
80 ... 234