Windows Phone is most stable smartphone OS?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have been leaving a spare phone (Lumia 920 with 8.1 Cyan) running torrent app for 3 months straight now. It's still going. Has not crashed or rebooted yet.
wptorrent.png

Last edited:

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah with a lots of loading and resuming.

Please shut the hell up with that. I get tired of reading that and it's not even as bad as you people make it out to be. I have a Lumia 820 and BARELY see the resuming screen, and it's usually for half a second at the MOST. Maybe you should get a more powerful phone if it's so god-awful bad as you make it out to be.

And on topic~ Yes, Windows Phone is the most stable :) Definitely more than my Android tablet.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Please shut the hell up with that. I get tired of reading that and it's not even as bad as you people make it out to be. I have a Lumia 820 and BARELY see the resuming screen, and it's usually for half a second at the MOST. Maybe you should get a more powerful phone if it's so god-awful bad as you make it out to be.

And on topic~ Yes, Windows Phone is the most stable :) Definitely more than my Android tablet.
Consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky then. I have a 1520 and the resuming bug is maddening!!! It happens almost everytime I unlock my phone and also when I resume most apps and games. And it can take up to ten seconds at times! It's bad enough that I'm seriously considering selling the phone!

So in good conscience, there is no way I would call this OS more stable than iOS, not even close. Not even sure if we're more stable than Android now that they have lollipop.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky then. I have a 1520 and the resuming bug is maddening!!! It happens almost everytime I unlock my phone and also when I resume most apps and games. And it can take up to ten seconds at times! It's bad enough that I'm seriously considering selling the phone!

So in good conscience, there is no way I would call this OS more stable than iOS, not even close. Not even sure if we're more stable than Android now that they have lollipop.

Did you tried kid's corner trick?

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I think the issue you are having with your 1520 might have to do with using an SD card. My 1520 has been freezing, and always putting the "loading" and "resuming", it even caused a problem with the latest update, but as soon as I remove the SD card everything is perfect like it is supposed to be. Of course I need my SD card because I installed so many apps on it as well as all my photos being on it, I've been wanting to swap the SD card but I need to move the 25 GB of apps, which is basically impossible.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this is possible on Android. I still have a few old Android but I know they will crash quick. I want to try it on iOS but my sis is using my iPhone :excited:. I don't have Blackberry OS 10 and don't have much experience with it.

Last edited:

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site

1: Try turning on Kids Corner then turning it back off.
2: Don't be on developer's preview
3: Don't have too much installed to an SD card unless it's an ultra-fast SD card.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You must have killed the battery :p

No, battery is still full at 100%. At times it went down to 90%-98%. Probably due to charger. My Time Warner internet went down couple times but the phone and app are still going :wink:

chris722

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
At least it tells you what it is doing. With Android you're never sure if you should just wait, take out the battery or try to restart the phone.

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It happens on low end phones like the 520/521 with Dev Preview. I solved it on my 521 by doing a recovery with Nokia Software Recovery Tool. All lag and loading is gone. Don't be on Dev Preview though.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
i've been an android user all along and i recently switched to WP.... i still have my android ....
i dont have to install ****ty ram cleaning and space managing s/w in WP ...
thats what a phone OS is ....
and crashes and resumings ?.... none !!

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It only crashed on me once. But my iPhone didn't ever.

Pretty sure IOS is more stable but WP is pretty much close. My android tablet has crashed and restarted several times already.. But all three leading mobile os are really really stable right now that choosing one from the other is just a personal preference and app needs.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App for Android!

xxfuzzyxx

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Don't know about ios 8. My girlfriends has froze on her a couple of times. I got my 1520 the same day and no probs other than some SD card issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss