12-28-2014 11:28 AM
80 123 ...
tools
    I have been leaving a spare phone (Lumia 920 with 8.1 Cyan) running torrent app for 3 months straight now. It's still going. Has not crashed or rebooted yet.
    wptorrent.png
    Last edited by TechAbstract; 12-06-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    taymur and Mahdi Ghiasi like this.
    12-06-2014 11:17 AM
    Yes, Yes WP is the most stable smartphone
    12-06-2014 11:50 AM
    Yeah with a lots of loading and resuming.
    12-06-2014 11:51 AM
    You must have killed the battery :p
    arjunan likes this.
    12-06-2014 11:55 AM
    Yeah with a lots of loading and resuming.
    Please shut the hell up with that. I get tired of reading that and it's not even as bad as you people make it out to be. I have a Lumia 820 and BARELY see the resuming screen, and it's usually for half a second at the MOST. Maybe you should get a more powerful phone if it's so god-awful bad as you make it out to be.

And on topic~ Yes, Windows Phone is the most stable :) Definitely more than my Android tablet.
    b23h, xandros9, ven07 and 6 others like this.
    12-06-2014 12:01 PM
    Please shut the hell up with that. I get tired of reading that and it's not even as bad as you people make it out to be. I have a Lumia 820 and BARELY see the resuming screen, and it's usually for half a second at the MOST. Maybe you should get a more powerful phone if it's so god-awful bad as you make it out to be.

And on topic~ Yes, Windows Phone is the most stable :) Definitely more than my Android tablet.
    Consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky then. I have a 1520 and the resuming bug is maddening!!! It happens almost everytime I unlock my phone and also when I resume most apps and games. And it can take up to ten seconds at times! It's bad enough that I'm seriously considering selling the phone!

So in good conscience, there is no way I would call this OS more stable than iOS, not even close. Not even sure if we're more stable than Android now that they have lollipop.
    12-06-2014 12:10 PM
    Consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky then. I have a 1520 and the resuming bug is maddening!!! It happens almost everytime I unlock my phone and also when I resume most apps and games. And it can take up to ten seconds at times! It's bad enough that I'm seriously considering selling the phone!

So in good conscience, there is no way I would call this OS more stable than iOS, not even close. Not even sure if we're more stable than Android now that they have lollipop.
    Did you tried kid's corner trick?
    xandros9, ven07, taymur and 1 others like this.
    12-06-2014 12:16 PM

I think the issue you are having with your 1520 might have to do with using an SD card. My 1520 has been freezing, and always putting the "loading" and "resuming", it even caused a problem with the latest update, but as soon as I remove the SD card everything is perfect like it is supposed to be. Of course I need my SD card because I installed so many apps on it as well as all my photos being on it, I've been wanting to swap the SD card but I need to move the 25 GB of apps, which is basically impossible.
    xandros9, ven07 and a5cent like this.
    12-06-2014 12:21 PM
    I don't think this is possible on Android. I still have a few old Android but I know they will crash quick. I want to try it on iOS but my sis is using my iPhone . I don't have Blackberry OS 10 and don't have much experience with it.
    Last edited by TechAbstract; 12-06-2014 at 12:38 PM.
    ven07 likes this.
    12-06-2014 12:25 PM
    Ghanta!
    12-06-2014 12:26 PM

1: Try turning on Kids Corner then turning it back off.
    2: Don't be on developer's preview
    3: Don't have too much installed to an SD card unless it's an ultra-fast SD card.
    xandros9, TechAbstract and ven07 like this.
    12-06-2014 12:29 PM
    You must have killed the battery :p
    No, battery is still full at 100%. At times it went down to 90%-98%. Probably due to charger. My Time Warner internet went down couple times but the phone and app are still going
    12-06-2014 12:35 PM
    At least it tells you what it is doing. With Android you're never sure if you should just wait, take out the battery or try to restart the phone.
    12-06-2014 12:47 PM
    It happens on low end phones like the 520/521 with Dev Preview. I solved it on my 521 by doing a recovery with Nokia Software Recovery Tool. All lag and loading is gone. Don't be on Dev Preview though.
    12-06-2014 10:37 PM
    1: Try turning on Kids Corner then turning it back off.
    2: Don't be on developer's preview
    3: Don't have too much installed to an SD card unless it's an ultra-fast SD card.
    Not on dev preview
    tried kids corner trick
    Apps are installed in internal memory on my 520.
    12-06-2014 11:43 PM
    Windows Phone 8.0 is the most stable for me. 8.1 with Cyan isn't stable for me at all.
    Jazmac likes this.
    12-07-2014 12:04 AM
    Windows Phone 8.0 is the most stable for me. 8.1 with Cyan isn't stable for me at all.
    Ok, and your arguments for that are...?
    12-07-2014 09:04 AM
    i've been an android user all along and i recently switched to WP.... i still have my android ....
    i dont have to install ****ty ram cleaning and space managing s/w in WP ...
    thats what a phone OS is ....
    and crashes and resumings ?.... none !!
    12-07-2014 09:11 AM
    It only crashed on me once. But my iPhone didn't ever.

Pretty sure IOS is more stable but WP is pretty much close. My android tablet has crashed and restarted several times already.. But all three leading mobile os are really really stable right now that choosing one from the other is just a personal preference and app needs.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App for Android!
    12-07-2014 09:33 AM
    Don't know about ios 8. My girlfriends has froze on her a couple of times. I got my 1520 the same day and no probs other than some SD card issues.
    12-07-2014 09:36 AM
    Most unstable it is have 1320 sd problem no matter what brand size class the phone cant handle the sd on desent way VERY dissapointed on wp this was my second a d LAST wp for sure next one will be a RELIABLE Android......
    Last edited by wp_user2; 12-07-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    12-07-2014 09:42 AM
    With iPhone it really depends on how many apps you have running. It is pretty good about recovering from a freeze, whereas with Android you may as well just restart the phone and make your life a lot easier. In Android's defense I have had apps resume after several minutes, so if the patience is there, Android will recover as well but that is not practical, and is actually quite dangerous because you stand to risk missing calls or burning through your battery, or overheating issues which has happened to me a lot as well. iPhone handles the heat issue quite well but I have had to pull my Android out of my pocket and let it fall on the floor, as it was too hot to the touch. Particularly when I was using a case (which is why I no longer use a case on my Android).

I use a battery app on my iPhone 4s that I use to clear out apps when it gets sluggish. Of course this is on iOS 7, and there may have been a lot of changes in iOS 8 that addresses these issues, as I am unable to upgrade the 4s to iOS8.

My power user, heavy use set up in Android that required me to wait several minutes for Android to respond would include the latest versions of Google apps, in particular Google Search, and the use of Google Keyboard or some other third party keyboard. Android has an issue in that the keyboard is inaccessible on low end devices when memory intensive apps like Chrome and Google Search are in use for several minutes at a time (though turning the phone off and back on sometimes fixed the issue). The bottom line is that I like to run a lot of apps at the same time, when I probably shouldn't. It will be interesting to see how well my 635 handles this, if at all. I should also mention that when I had those overheating issues I was running several apps from the SD card simultaneously; I have since then reset the phone to default values and I do not run any apps from the SD card. Nothing like waiting several minutes for apps to show up on the phone when you restart it to turn you off to that idea.
    12-07-2014 09:50 AM

Why don't you sell it to me for a reasonable price
    12-07-2014 09:54 AM
    I think it is the most stable os. Have had less bugs and problems with all my windows phones than all my friends and family on android and iOS.

That resuming problem isn't the fault of the OS but rather a problem in firmware so not optimized enough. Cause if everyone had that bug, yeah it would be the OS but it is only a small group with that bug...
    12-07-2014 09:58 AM
    If ignore Official Xbox music, video and game hub performance and forget resuming and loading screen then I would say it is most stable OS.
    But I haven't seen Android or iOS devices crashing in this regard. So they are also as stable as WP.

When you consider stablity then 3rd party apps are also the part of it.(I don't know for sure but whereever I read something about stablity article also include apps crashing)
    So, now if we consider this too then.........i don't think it is.
    12-07-2014 10:04 AM
80 123 ...